[Suggestion] Please don't buff TR infantry weapons SOE.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheChippewa, Feb 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheChippewa

We at NC and VS don't want to lose our easy farming as infantry. Sure we could try to farm each other, but why when TR is so easy. Nobody wants to be TR because their weapons are so bland our shields can take hundreds of TR rounds easily because they feel like mini gun spit wads. I love to jump out on my heavy assault as NC or VS and see that lone TR in the face of our masses. The new mini game our factions play is see who can kill the one TR guarding the base before the others can, but then we feel bad so we send in a few low level BRs to goad him back out with, but then game on.

What you have read is the mind set of the other two factions and if you don't agree with it who cares you still have easy TR farming to do. Sure SURE you can say TR weapons are all that, but in reality the players with the highest k/d on TR are using the mosquito or the abundance of NS weapons and vehicles. Clip size? pfft what's that? TR infantry never reloads wanna know why it's because they die so fast they don't need to reload when they can just respawn.

Something needs to break. TR pops are so low and there is nothing to draw a new player base in because everyone has access to the best TR weapons with the other two factions meaning the NS weaps.

Anyways enjoy the the rant and yes I'm TR and yes my k/d is over 5 because of the lightening, mossie, and NS weaps.
    • Up x 4
  2. iPlague

[IMG]
    1/10.

That aside, yes, for some reason high ROF TR LMGs have .225-.225 Horizontal recoil shake, while VS LMGs of the same ROF only have .20-.225. Thanks Sony.
    • Up x 7
  3. Hiding in VR

I am frequently told that Horizontal recoil is as easy to manage as other kinds of recoil, so perhaps we could just get all TR horizontal recoil changed to simply Right recoil? Cuz that would not be a buff, right?
    • Up x 5
  4. Plunutsud pls

TR weapons suck because they have high bullet drop and terrible accuracy.

I really tried to love the TSAR but I simply can't, when the Ghost is considerably better.

NC gets a damn good default sniper rifle while the default TR is garbage, it's worse than the default VS sniper.
    • Up x 3
  5. z1967

You know that the TSAR-42 and Ghost are the same statistically? The default TR and VS rifles are the cruddy semi-autos whilst the NC start off with the T1 BASR. You can buy this for your VS or TR for 100 certs (so all NC snipers are more dangerous initially).

Aside from that, my steps to success as a TR LA or Engineer.
    1. Procure one Trac-5 Burst
    2. Slap a foregrip and a 1-2x on said Trac-5 Burst
    3. Aim at the general area of the head
    4. 3 bursts for 0-20m, 4 for 21-40, You decide for 41m+
    5. ???
    6. Certs

Burst weapons are the most underestimated imho. You can kill them before they even down your shields if you shoot fast enough.
    • Up x 3
  6. Plunutsud pls

Yeah, the stats are officially the same, but actually vary in reality.

TR gets the most bullet drop, NC has a bit less, and VS has virtually none even on sniper rifles.

The default VS and TR sniper rifles also vary in accuracy and bullet drop, with the VS being better of course.
  7. Aegie

Nice try 1/10.

Seriously though, a lot of non-TR agree that certain things, like the Vulcan for instance, do in fact need attention.

Infantry weapons seem fine- loving that AMC and the default Cycler, yes, out to range.

(Still have yet to see any real evidence of weapon imbalance)
  8. RadarX

We certainly appreciate concerns but I'd ask your help in consolidating feedback and we have a number of other general TR threads available already.
    • Up x 4
  9. Ribero

RadarX putting in work already, welcome back to the PS2 scene, man.
    • Up x 4
  10. TheFamilyGhost

There's nothing wrong with TR weapons.

Thee was nothing wrong with any of the other stuff that was either removed from game or made easier to handle.

We should be demanding more difficulty, not less.
  11. iPlague

Vulcan needs to change for the better. NO QUESTION, but they'll probably let it rot until they do the MBT patch in what month?.... oh yeah TBH.
    In terms of infantry weapons I tend to disagree really. NC has and shares the lowest horizontal recoil with VS, but the only .175 horizontal recoil weapon on the TR side is probably the TMG-50, and even that had it's compensator and foregrip nerfed at July last year. I love the T5 AMC as well, but it's suposse to be a long range carbine, so it's .20 recoil should be .175 like all the other dedicated long range carbines, even the AF-19 Mercenary which is the NC stock carbine has .175 shake, so the T5 really should too.

I can accept the T9 having .225 shake, but the MSW-R, which was designed to the CQC with hipfire just like the orion? Why doesn't it have .20 just like the orion? No it needs .225 because It's TR, Shake all day! :confused:

I PRESENT TO YOU EVIDENCE OF WEAPON IMBALANCE - Thanks Higby![IMG]

TR has the weakest SMGs!!!:eek: Just look at that Sirious and Cyclone ownage!

Would you kindly go redirect a 1 year thread "The Ultimate Thread dedicated to Refurbishing the TR as a faction" by EliteEskimo about TR that is still accurate, because nothing has been changed for better, and things have only gotten worse. They could learn something from reading that.
    • Up x 5
  12. Plunutsud pls

Oh come on, real life is difficult enough.

This is a game.

We come here to have fun, not grind our butts off like a job.

Only masochists want more difficulty in video games.
  13. TheFamilyGhost

And there you have it. Scripted win gratification ftw.
  14. Gundem

Maybe because, just maybe, TR weapons might perhaps have 40 round magazines compared to VS's 30 round ones?

Maybe?
  15. Aegie

I've seen that chart and yes there is some evidence that NC edges out in SMGs, just barely by what I have always seen (i.e. not enough to really take notice- less, for instance, than VS leading in Scout Rifles).

Vulcan definitely needs love- a lot of us warned SOE before PU2 that they would need to treat that weapon differently for the Harasser than Prowler.

Some things you overlook when comparing the AMC to, say, the Mercenary (not really in the same niche, btw) is that the AMC 1) fires faster (i.e. better default groupings because the time stamp on any two projectiles is closer), 2) 33% more ammo in the magazine (as well as greater total ammo pool), 3) lower vertical recoil, 4) lower first shot multiplier, 5) lower bloom, 6) shorter short reload and finally 6) higher projectile velocity. Yeah, and the pros of the Merc are 1) higher damage per shot (slightly higher DPS), 2) shorter long reload, 3) lower horizontal recoil, and 4) slightly better ADS while standing still.

They are different and IMO if someone struggles at range with AMC then the will struggle at range with any weapon in the game, save perhaps sniper rifles or shooting AFK players.
    • Up x 1
  16. iPlague

Dude, LMGs, I didn't say Carbines, cause every faction has the same mag count for LMGs.
    And even then with that mind, I'd like to quote official lore about the TR

"Have the fastest firing rates" Yet the Lynx sits at 800 ROF while GD-7F and Serpent sits at 845, and after it's buff the GD-7F became the best hip firing Carbine in PU02 with it's reduced bloom per shot. I don't mind other factions have fast firing weapons, but when one empire specialized in high ROF and don't even have the highest in each weapon category it's obvious the Devs ****** up.
    And when I say highest ROF per weapon category it means it's okay to share the 1st place with the VS <3
    • Up x 4
  17. Eyeklops

Please prove this claim because it's pretty outrageous.
  18. iPlague

[IMG]

Pretty much the same, I think the only difference is the player model and how it's carried? That's the only thing I get out of the Offset and stuff. But same damage, Samge velocity, same recoil, etc etc.

Perhaps the TR 4x just isn't to your liking, as I myself, also prefer the Vanu 4x.

Edit: If you don't get what I linked you, you can go on the DAstats site yourself and look at each weapon's stat and then you'll see there's no difference in the weapons stats themselves other than that Offset that I have no idea what could be.
    Or look the weapons up on the PS2 wiki under the weapons section and see, that they are the same.
  19. sindz

So many lies and pathetic attempts being thrown around, I don't even know where to start.

Grass is always greener.
    • Up x 1
  20. Plunutsud pls

Just test them yourself.

This wasn't something I made up, it's something a vet told me and I was able to confirm for myself by doing a few simple field tests.

The approximate BASR bullet drop in mil dots is 0.3 for TR, 0.2 for NC and 0.1 for VS.

I really noticed the difference when I moved from the TSAR to the Ghost - the need to aim higher to land a headshot at long range was virtually nullified.

The difference between the TSAR and SAS-R is less noticeable, of course.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.