Planetside or New conglomerate

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gavlad7, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Lee Weldon

It's funny how you bring up the power of the super soaker because I have a KDA of 0.86 on this gun which is better than I've had on a lot of other NC weapons. I only have good KDA's when sniping, I could probably take most guns now and get a KDA of more than 1 now but the reavers nosegun, I've only 0.33 kda, not saying this proves that its bad, but when I was on the VS scythe man it felt easy in comparison. As for your accuracy being better while aiming at smaller objects, well you're probably better at flying now, also might be waiting for longer before you start firing at the enemy, and might be playing against less skilled aircrafts that don't use dodge maneuvres. I'd be very interested in knowing from at what range distances your average person fires from and then what distance again that target appears half as big, then that distance would be approximately the same effective range that you would hit the same % of bullets if given the same trigger control on the nosegun (i.e. NC into VS ESF).

When I played the TR character on my server, everything felt easier, even though I am spoilt on my main with now the SAS-R and GR-22 (best unlocks to date), have all of my abilities almost maxed out and am comparing it to blank characters using default abilities, without scopes etc. For this though this is because TR have far more veteran players than NC and VS is kind of the faction nobody cares to play though... Those that do are mostly veterans and they usually only have one fight at a time and ignore one faction entirely.

Also on a completely unrelated note, goodluck hitting 6 pheonix shots in a row, and its not even like its the only AV weapon that can shoot things from behind the rocks, I trialed the engi AV mana turret in the VR room and I was sitting behind a rock, then trialed the pheonix from behind a rock. Both weapons were extremely difficult to hit even static targets with, let alone imagine landing multiple rockets on a moving tank. The pheonix is not very good when you need an AV weapon in those pinch moments when you see a max, I also need to kill that too. I have kda's of like 0.3 with all the launchers, this is simply because I go suicide into the sunderers a lot and people pick me off as a free kill with their lmg's. This is also an indicator of poor infantry-vehical balance and thats the only thing that I can see from that is that if a vehical can 1 shot me, then I take like 8 rockets to kill that same vehical, well why are we even talking about faction to faction balance when the real issue is how overpowered tanks are to infantry and it doesn't matter if you are NC, VS or TR you will never have a good chance as the lone infantry man, and since you both count as one man on a map you cannot say 5v1 infantry will win out because I hate people who think this is so, imagine 5 tanks v 5 infantry, it'd be a slaughter.
  2. UrielSeptimIV

Everything depends from a situation and player`s skill.
    RLs in general are bad vs infantry (1 rocket per mag or low raw damage).
    Phenix is fun but have almost zero potential at longer ranges, only thing that saving it is an ability to hit land vehicles relibly. Also, rockets from the phoenix can be shot.
    I don`t really like the current vehicle vs infantry balance due to the fact that heavies have 5+ rockets in their inventory. I prefer to have small amount of hard-hitting rockets rather than 5 with small damage. 2 rockets per heavie can ensure that all shots are well-calculated by the player and more skill required to use RLs.
  3. Demigan

Ahw, one mistake reading the charts and suddenly everything you said must be true?

I'll test out the Valkyrie Phoenix ofcourse, but I dont know why you mention it. With a 12 sec lifespan it can only reach that +/-800m. But lets imagine you can fire 1400m with them, how useful is that?

You fire your Phoenix, the Valkyrie now has to try and keep going in more or less the same direction or the missiles will reach 295m from the player and detonate.
    At 1400m, nothing has rendered in. At 1000m, the first aircraft render. At 750m the first vehicles. From that moment you can really stear towards a target, as you are unlikely to try and hit an aircraft.

But your Valkyrie still has to keep up with the missiles.
    As you come closer and closer in a railroaded path to keep up you attract more attention until you are finally within 300m range of the target and can change course.

Meaning that for 1100m of the Phoenix's flight it actually didnt matter. They would be better off firing from 500m range as they've aquired a target and the Valk has more leeway in how he follows the Phoenix Missile. Afterwards you just stick within 300m as thats just safer and more sensible overall.

So why would you mention "oh noes 1400m range on Valk Phoenix!"?
  4. Lee Weldon

But I'm perfectly fine with rocket launchers being weak against infantry, its the cost of having it out, but what is not fun about it is having out an anti vehical weapon that can do nothing else and its still terrible against vehicals.