Planetside 2 2.0?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maxence822, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Maxence822

So I don't knwo how many people saw this on the Planetside 2 Reddit but apparently there are going to be a ton of changes coming in a patch in September, such as lattice changes, nanites, new metaplay, etc. So does anyone know if this will actually happen or was it some sort of troll post from RadarX?
    Thank you!
    Maxence822
  2. MarkAntony

Who knows. but imo they have already waited to long especially with the second stage of nanite revamp. population is too low and while people would have stayed if they had fixed the BS spam driven resource system they won't come back after they have left.
  3. OldMaster80

I got an answer yesterday from RadarX. They've been working a lot to the PS4 release, weekends included so they're getting a little rest now. But he told they will outline the new things coming very soon, we'll have news in the next future and we should prepare for big stuff. According to what he said it's gonna a big big patch with important changes like we haven't seen in a while on PC.

Fingers crossed guys.
    • Up x 5
  4. Iridar51

Didn't they say there will be no major development until xbone port?
  5. MarkAntony

by then PC game will be completely dead. no pop.
    • Up x 1
  6. Pointyguide2

oh I really hope its good stuff
    • Up x 2
  7. sebastian oscar post

I'd like to see some raptors next
  8. FieldMarshall

Nanites have been broken for so long that people have accepted "part 1" of the resource revamp as the finished product.
    (Judging from the threads complaining about MBT/MAX/Grenade/ESF/Lib/Everything spam)

About time they did something (or atleast told us what their plan is).
    But i fear ir may be a bit too late. Again.
    Hope im wrong and that everything works out perfectly ofc.
  9. Iridar51

Probably. Sad times. Once again consoles **** up PC players just with the fact of their existence.
    • Up x 3
  10. OldMaster80

Not even mentioned. I dare to say we'll see 2.0 before the xbox version. Btw xbox will share soon the same os of pcs so probably the porting will be pretty easier. And ui will be recycled from ps4 version.
  11. Pikachu

Wrel talks about it in video time ago.
  12. FLHuk

Promises of things!

This has NEVER happened before....
    • Up x 1
  13. Farlion

Best thing will be when they have to spend the next two years fixing that patch.
    • Up x 1
  14. Iridar51

It was a rhetorical question. Yes they did say that:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside..._a_seemingly_successful_launch_on_ps4/csha126

15. OldMaster80

16. Turkeys!

If they're dumb enough to let the game hobble on in its current state just to get an Xbox One port out first then I hope the game dies and Smedley's job with it.

It boggles the mind at how efficient they can be at wasting resources. It was probably a joke anyway, but after everything it's almost believable X_X
    • Up x 4
  17. Gremmel

I would love to see DBG be the first game developer to figure out that after a release you have to spend a year maybe even more fixing all the stuff that's broke with your game before developing more "new" content.
    *See 100% of MMO releases that have 3 major updates the first 3 months after release and then wonder why they have 1/20th the population on all their servers from what they had 1 month after launch. It's starting to just be a bad joke now.

Now with the PC, Matt Higby clearly just wasted all the money they made after the initial launch hype. I'm pretty sure Hossin is the only thing he helped make that's now actually in the game. What ever else he put all the money into was just too stupid or to useless to the game to even attempt to finish. You could argue all the 99 different spawnroom shield changes actually made it into the game at some point but they solved literally nothing whatsoever.

I just hope with this new money injection they start trying to make some actual changes to the game they have and not start chasing something new again. Removing Biolabs would be a small start. Revamping Esamir (for the 5th time?) would be the other. Reworking Indar next and finally actually have a level designer take a look at Hossin because that's just an insulting joke right now. I can't believe Amerish is the best place to find a good fight on right now, how the hell did that happen?

Then once the majority of the fighting is enjoyable to take part in, start working on a intercontinental lattice system. Something simple just so big outfit leaders don't burn out after a month. Then start working on the mythical resource revamp, since that will take up lots and lots of time to perfect.

The main thing Planetside 2 needs are more good fights, right now finding one takes time and knowledge of the game. Like Biolabs for instance, horrible fights, especially for a new player and since they're chokepoints, there's one going on at all times, doing it's best to sully the first impressions of hundreds if not thousands of new players each day.
  18. Dualice

I'd like to believe they can get their Higby together with this upcoming... "re-launch?" (Pretty sure Smedley used words to that effect, don't quote me)... but man, it'd better be something mind-blowing or what remains of the player-base is just gonna be gorn.

To OP, not sure if you've read this ---> http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/3582el/the_way_forward/ , but it could be adding to what you've already heard.
  19. HadesR

Hope not .. At least that is if it's done in any shape or form like what is on PTS for the Conquest mode .. That type of Hybrid is a step back not forward IMO .. Only liked by those that think fight avoidance is " TactiCool "
  20. AxiomInsanity87

I agree,

Me and my outfit buddies were all stood around looking at eachothers cosmetics and then some cretin with no cosmetics started shooting at us.

It was an outrage!.