Planetside 2 2.0?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Maxence822, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Iridar51

What cosmetics have to do with consoles or PCs?
  2. Hammerlock

lol what ? we gonna be GORN ? :eek:
    [IMG]
    now we know how the vanu look under their spandex :rolleyes:
    • Up x 3
  3. Pikachu

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  4. AxiomInsanity87

I forgot to add that it was on the ps4 version lol.

It was a joke.
  5. OldMaster80

Honestly that does not sound so serious. Maybe they have an Xbox porting in mind but there is no advertisement of any kind around. With PS4 we started to those Coming soon on PS4 almost 1 year earlier than official release.
    According to what RadarX wrote on Reddit we should know more about Planetside 2.0 very soon.

Personally I keep my fingers crossed we won't have to wait that long before we see a resource system that was in roadmap like... 1,5 years ago? :(
  6. Iridar51

I wonder if there are other precedents of that, when an originally PC game gets ported onto a console after actual release, and not during initial development. Sounds like a terrible thing to do, honestly.
  7. Nalothisal

No I don't believe so. I'm sure DBG as seen what their dev time on the PS4 port did to the PC version of the game. The best option for them now is to cultivate and develop the game on both platforms now for maybe two to three years until there is a healthy and stable pop before contemplating development for the XBone.
  8. Taemien

A total revamp may actually do well. It worked for Final Fantasy 14.

If they advertise.
    • Up x 3
  9. Maxence822

I think in 2-3 years there will most likely be no pop left at all...
  10. Pikachu

The PS4 pop will probably have the same portion of players left as the PC now almost 2.5 years after release.
    • Up x 1
  11. Nalothisal

ugly as sin
  12. Dgross

They're so focused on getting new customers (PS4, XBOX) instead of making sure they keep the ones they already have.
    Quantity over quality.

Every major bank chain does it too. They want as many accounts as they can get their hands on without actually focusing on people individually to make sure they have what they need for their account.

PS2 has become an account factory. Quick cash rake-in at the start, screw everyone else at the end. As long as they get their money up front, who cares how many updates or patches they promise and then default on?

And leading it all is Mr. Smedley, a man who couldn't even bother to post in his game's own forums for the entire FIRST YEAR after launch.
    You know....the most important time to engage with your players when the game is brand new.
    Instead he started the trend of only posting to Twitter / Reddit / Facebook.
    Don't believe me? Look up his post history. Not one single post from the launch through 2013. How are we supposed to feel good about the game led by a man who can't even communicate with his customers in the official forums?

After the SWG NGE debable, and now 2 1/2 years of PS2 being neglected, I honestly ask how Smedley still has a job.
    • Up x 2
  13. Crator

I'm glad they will finally be able to start working on the game again. The PS4 port has taken way too much of their time imo.

But, they plan on throwing a single big patch with all these changes all at the same time? Sounds buggy.
    • Up x 2
  14. Pointyguide2

Time to wait
    maybe after Xbox
    we will get content update and new stuff and new engine. and other stuff start to get pushed out to all three at the same time.
    for the last 2 years it's been about performance of this game.
  15. Maxence822

Well lets cross our fingers and pray to the Old Gods and the New that this update, if it happens, when it happens, if it doesnt get pushed back a few decades, all that, is actually good and that it keeps the players that are playing playing and that it brings old players back and brings new ones in. This would really make the game for me. Its sad I am about to quit and I've been playing for about 2 years now this is about the only game I play I have over 700 hours of it, and if this huge Planetside 2 2.0 thing doesnt work out or does not happen, I am sure I will not be the only one to leave.
  16. RykerStruvian

I hope crazylegs makes a comeback.

Does anyone have any clips of the reaver engine graphical bug? With the strobe lights?
  17. hostilechild

After playing 3hrs on the ps4, i don't think it will last 3months let alone 2-3 years.

Worst gaming experience i have ever had. Controls are clunky, not intuitive to use at all. No directions on how to do anything. Spent majority of time figuring out had to get through the dam menus and use abilities and utilities. Something as simple as redeploy is a task. Menus with sub menus with scrollbars to do things that are 1 click on PC. WTF!!

Gun play is horrid. Would swear the guns movement has momentum when trying to track someone while ADS.

Render on the ps4 makes the PC look godly. And while they may not render they sure can kill you. Lot of shotgun blasts out of thin air. Unlocks! wtf!

Harder than hell to tell the 3 infantry apart at >40m even when they do render. (was playing on a 55" hd tv even).

Fighting people was a cross between they can't hit the broadside of a barn an those that quad headshotted at >40m soon as you saw them. (most likely lag making it feel that way but lot of ting,ting wouldn't have expected hacks ported over yet). But i have noticed even on pc version the ting is related to damage > xxx than headshots a lot of the time (ex. die to single Ting, think sniper then see it was bodyshots from smg on killboard).
    The graphics make PC low look good.

Movement is not smooth and neither is the crosshair, everything seemed to lag.

NO other game i have ever played on PS4 was this bad.

Might be why i see so many low levels lately on the PC version they said great game but **** the ps4, will play on PC.

At least we can hope this drives them to the PC and they start doing something where it would actually help and be useable.