[Pic] Current Lattice System

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Stealth1, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Stealth1

For those that are interested, here is what the lattice system looks like;

[IMG]
    • Up x 13
  2. Wharmaster

Ugh. And this is supposed to be some kind of improvement??

Back to the drawing board, SOE. And honestly, I don't think people are as "confused" by the current map as you claim, just like people weren't "confused" by SWG's class system before the NGE.
    • Up x 9
  3. ps2x518

Care to elaborate on why you think this?
    • Up x 3
  4. Raneman

Rofl, comparing this to NGE. So hyperbolic. This is pretty much the system PS1 had, with bases linked in very clear paths that you would fight over. The old system wasn't confusing, it was just very unpredictable as most territory flips happened without a fight due to backcapping. This will make it so each piece of territory will require you to fight for it.
    • Up x 3
  5. Ronin Oni

5 man outfit ghost capper
    • Up x 7
  6. ThreePi

My only concern/issue with the system so far is that attackers can still circumvent the large bases by just capturing the satellites and going around.
    • Up x 3
  7. Torok

the picture this scaled doesn't makes up for the many changes that have been made :)
    for example the satellite bases of big Facilites (allatum for example) are now Outposts themselves, with longer cap timer and counting as any other hexes aswell!

it's awesome! go try it out!
    • Up x 4
  8. Malsvir Vishe

Oh wow really? I can't wait to get home and download to try it tomorrow! :D
    From the pic it looks really nice. I like how that makes it seem as if there is a TRUE objective instead of a "WHERE DO WE ZURG NEXT." Now if empires wanna zerg, they're gonna have to run into another empire's zerg and it will be glorious battle. I can't wait!
    • Up x 4
  9. Being@RT

Does anyone have an activity filter pic handy?

In any case, take a look at that and then see if the test server can truly be used to test territory conquest mechanics. This particularly concerns everyone who already chimed in with how the system is awesome.
  10. Stealth1

If you click on the picture to view full size, you can actually see the white lines that delineate the zones ;)
  11. HadesR

How many facilities ( including ourpost's ) is there now ? .. The scale of the map show's very few and makes it look .. kinda sad
  12. Lucidius134

I heard they removed alot of outposts. I was hoping they'de leave the buildings there so attackers could have some cover.
  13. Wharmaster

Not comparing it to the NGE, don't twist my words. What I am saying is that this is typical of SOE's thinking: "our players are morons, and this is too confusing for them, so let's over-simplify things".

And ghost capping IS annoying...used to irritate me in WWIIOL and it irritates me here....BUT....there are other ways of eliminating it.

Edit: Plus, they removed some of my favorite places to fight.
    • Up x 4
  14. Staticsilver

"All roads lead to the crown" - some roman dude playing ps2 after he time traveled
    • Up x 4
  15. FuriousSquirrel

I'm quite disappointed with the loss of soo many good facilities, and think that it may actually hamper the new system, these facilities would have been great to provide crossing paths and allowing more routes to take, I'm surprised they couldn't find a way to make them work out, I wish they had let us test it with a system that still included the bases, removing them entirely will definitely shorten the paths taken a little more then I was expecting.
    Even so, I'm sure they could have been fitted into the routes, causing more bends in the paths making it a longer fight through each channel.
    • Up x 3
  16. Nepau

I haven't had a chance to get on the test to see the new bases names so working with what I see here
    Taking a look at it I see a few spots I would like them to change:

1. Quartz ridge should have another link to west Highlands. This still causes quartz to be a direct path north, while keeping the geographic logic of the road between them

2. The base between Hvar and Allatum should be linked to Ayani Labs.

3. I think there should be a cross connecting between Zurvan and Ceres Hydro ponic. I've alway found it weird to have that gully between the crown and the Pallisade that gives you no link to anything, but a clear path to the bases north

Anyways those are the first few that come to mind. It's an interesting setup, but does need some work. Best thing for this setup is to have Choke point bases with multiple paths too and from them. Give us certain key areas to control to hold or push from, while allowing there to be multiple pathways to get to them ( how Quartz ridge is for pushing north or south on the current hex setup is a Prime example of how this is.
  17. cfnz

That's modern gaming in a nutshell though.
    • Up x 1
  18. CommanderV

As someone who only flys Libs an d ESF's...... .my first thought to this picture was..... "WTF is this I better not have to ******* follow the roads in my liberator to stay in bounds......." I swear to god SOE, once I install this test client, and get in there and I'm not allowed to fly whereever I want im going to be PISSEDD
    • Up x 1
  19. Littleman

In this case, cutting off the cappers should be a fair bit more practical, since their movement options will be limited. There will be even less of an excuse to ignore them and let them take everything, simply because a good part of the inconvenience in figuring out where they're going and coming from will be eliminated. Respond to the area, stop them, then take everything back along the path. They won't be circumnavigating the response teams anymore.

Additionally, the linearity might allow this situation to snowball a fair bit more often than not, because it really does amount to a game of push harder than the enemy.

See:

• Up x 2
  20. Kail

Nothing has changed about where you can or cannot go on the map; the only out of bounds areas are past the edges of the continents, just as before. Neutral territory is just terrain where no one gets +defender XP.