Patch Notes - 2/4

Discussion in 'Test Server: Announcements' started by PS2_Luke, Feb 4, 2014.

1. PS2_Luke Lead Designer

Amerish: The following bases are ready for testing
    • Blackshard Tungsten mine
    • Shadespire Farms
    • LithCorp Fortress
    • LithCorp Central
    • Up x 7
  2. PurpleOtter

I must be blind, I could not find LithCorp Fortress on the map! Other than that these maps are going to rock! Amerish is going to an LA playground...
  3. Undivide

872 MB for only 4 bases though?
    This is going to be good.
  4. Undivide

Wow, I'm really digging Lithcorp Fortress, or as I now like to call it, 'You brought armor? That's cute.'
    The tunnels inside of the walls are an engineer's wet dream. Turret kills galore.
  5. Hakov

I love the immense creativity used in Amerish so far. I have spent over 8 hours with my jaw dropped on this beautiful work in progress.

Please do not finish anything "rushed for deadline"... Take your time ... Because walls of rock are not always the answer ;)

Crux Headquarters could use some tweaks... it's way too obvious where the Sundy is to be parked in some cases.... Make it look like a HQ... or just bury it 10 feet under.... with just the rooftops sticking out. Or make it really tall, with custom buildings, but lower the terrain significantly, so you get the same field of view as you do now... So that Cart Mining still stands tall.... like a triple decker with only half a deck outside.

Some of my favorite bases so far(unfinished, but headed in the right direction):

Tumas Skylance Battery - Simply beautiful... especially at night.
    Barrik Electrical Station - Excellent texture usage here :)
    Mekala Cart Mining - Menacing look. Amazing concept!
    NC Arsenal - *passes out*
    Crux Mining Operation - Very nice work! :)
    • Up x 5
  6. Pikachu

Why did you remove the kiosk from Blackshard Tungsten Mine? :(
    • Up x 2
  7. PurpleOtter

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  8. MasonSTL

I'm guessing LithCorp fortress was formerly known as Amerish SO 30?

The tunnels in the walls reminded me of GoldenEye64, the temple in particular.
  9. Alanim

Put in a few good hours of bug finding. Blackshard/Shadespire are pretty bug free, just due to their more flat nature.

Both lithcorps had a lot of exploitable spots in them, Especially Lithcorp fortress(I think, whichever one IS NOT near the ascent). A lot of the gates have holes in the model, allowing you to walk/fall right in(Very exploitable).

I think I reported like 20+ exploitable spots. Hopefully it didn't seem too spammy :p

I also checked a lot of the other bugs I had reported previously, most if not all are fixed. That's good to see!.
  10. PurpleOtter

I believe so if it's the one "channeling" a Medieval motte and bailey style layout. If the vehicles make it past the outer wall, they have no room to maneuver and take fire from both sides.
  11. Timithos

Kiosk? Is that an equipment terminal? I wish they would keep those in on an empty building on the other side of the base from the spawn room. I know attackers can take it over, but it's nice to be able to defend a building closer to the cap point while changing loadouts and re-upping ammo without the need of an engineer. They could even put 2 in every base, and that'd be even better.
  12. Giggily

The terrain seems to be broken for a lot of the new bases, mostly the ones which were updated this patch without being explicitly finished. Very cool though.
  13. Pikachu

You don't know about the famous kiosk?o_O
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  14. Alanim

If the bases haven't been mentioned yet as finished, then it's very likely that the bases are broken or SUPER broken. Last patch there was a weird base that looked like it was from hossins that just had shields and door thrown all over it, with no way to cap it. Was hilarious.

So expect a lot of bases to be broken after each update.
  15. Blastuh

What is that??
  16. Pikachu

Its the freaking famous kiosk!
    • Up x 1
  17. Blastuh

I have never seen or heard of it.
  18. z1967

10/10 would sell C4 and shotguns from
    • Up x 4
  19. zerg

I would use the wall in LithCorp Fortress in the new AMP station, the Bastion has to change the tower is out of place and the wall too, there is too much empty space !!
  20. BloodyPuma

Is the addition of crossbow in this patch intentional?
    Which stats are true? Description ingame 600-450 dmg, or our tests - 450 dmg?