[BUG] ...or Ninja nerf?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vikarius, Mar 2, 2013.

1. Vikarius

So obviously a bunch of people are experiencing not only lag since the mergers update, but a lot of instances where you do no damage no matter the vehicle or weapon you are using.

However on that note, it seems the TMG-50 was in fact changed this recent patch....

On single shot mode, the recoil has been increased by at least 10 fold. The recoil on single shot mode is actually exponentially higher then full auto and burst modes. It reminds me of the maximum screen shake you could receive pre-patch

As for the TMG-50 entirely (all fire modes), the bloom is certainly higher ( CoF is worse basically) and only half the shots / less actually register
  2. TWFTwilight

Haven´t tried it since the last patch, but if this is true, TR lost their last good LMG.
    After the Carv Ninja Buff it is okay again, but laughable, when you compare it to the Orion or the SAW.
    Can we already get some patch notes, where every change is listed, SOE?
  3. Pat Cleburne

In b4 "TR have the best weapons in the game" posts.
  4. Vikarius

Best sounding IMO... I play all 3
  5. Raths

This is happening on the EM6 and semi-auto shotguns as well. So this isn't a nerf, its a bug.
  6. gunfox

The bloom on the Jaguar seems to be higher too. Full auto sends your bullets all over the screen now. I didn't pick NC for a reason :confused:
  7. 7Elite7

Time to pull this out.
  8. Vikarius

Now...now
    This is searhus bitness
    the TMG-50 surely isn't anywhere near overpowered when it was working...and its the only LMG I use between all 3 factions...
    On NC I stick to medic and the reaper DMR, Vanu is my infiltrator main
    It has been broken, and according to others not the only weapon.
  9. TWFTwilight

Try again and name me one TR LMG which is in line with the stock VS and NC ones besides the TMG 50?
    The Carv was never the same after they ninja nerfed and slightly re-buffed it. Carv S, to quote Buzzcut: "The S stands for s h i t!"
    The TMG 50 seems to be the only competitive LMG and personally, I do far better with the Vanu and NC stock LMG.
    Yes, TR have some of the best infantery weapons, like the Jaguar, but most of the LMG´s just suck compared to their counterparts
  10. OddChelsea

Just tested mine. This HAS to be a bug. Full auto and burst fire are fine, same as always but semi auto jumps pretty hard when you fire slowly. If you fire fast it does not. I also noticed that even though it was jumping on my screen the rounds were still hitting the desired spot, tested by firing against a wall. This WILL make it harder to hit people sometimes but if they had nerfed the gun it wouldn't be so specific to using this firing mode in this way. If it had been nerfed the recoil would have been flat out increased all around.
  11. Vikarius

Well it is not just that, like 50% or LESS on target hits are registering. Even the times I do hit, am almost 100% positive the CoF is much worse.

pre-patch the TMG 50 felt like the Gauss SAW only a little weaker.
    post-patch the TMG-50 feels like a Carv S with slow RoF
  12. LameFox

I think it's to the point now that you can assume each patch will have this effect on something.
  13. Vikarius

Sad part is we are about to get GU04 and they still haven't fixed what they broke with infiltrators cloak or hit detection in GU02.....GU freekin 02
  14. GamerOS

I believe it's a bug, I've experienced it with shotguns and other LMGs as well.
  15. Talizzar

I noticed a big change in the TR LMG's last night. I wondered if it was just me. I tend to sit at range with a scope and became very difficult to stay on target while scoped. I tried the Carv S, T32, T16 and maybe the 50. All seem to have been changed.

I bought a scope on my NC LMG what a complete waste of certs as the gun jumps nearly off the screen now.

I happen to like the Carv-S it worked...past tense for me and my style. I think you need to find a gun that fits your style and we all play differently and all counter recoil differently.

I hope this is a bug....if not it is a bad change.
  16. PieBringer

I uh... Don't know about anyone else, but every single time I've encountered a TMG-50 when fighting TR after the latest patch, I have been shredded a new one. I'm not certain, though, if it's just the ones I noticed or all of them. (There very well could have been half of my heavy kills today carrying it, since none of them actually hit me before they were dead.)
  17. Vikarius

so the question is will they fix it.... hopefully sometime before GU11?....
  18. 7Elite7

CARV is a better orion. I can link you to a forum page in which I debate this with another player citing precise weapon statistics and implications for gameplay. The gauss SAW is a very different weapon from the other two.
  19. Ganelon

At Launch, the Orion and Carv were identical with two exceptions; reload speed and mag size. Now, the NC babbys deemed the Carv OP and it got ninja-nerfed to uselessness while the Orion stayed the same. SOE attemtped to balance the Carv again but failed.

TMG-50 was our last good LMG.
  20. TheBloodEagle

I can vouch for this. The single fire recoil is exaggerated now, in fact it's exaggerated again for the CARV-S too.. But the burst (2shot) and even tap firing auto is still the same. Sometimes I can get the recoil to go back to what it was so I do think it is a bug.

It would be ridiculous if they nerfed it considering it's a clone of an NC lmg.