Once again, TR population inflates to 56% for alert ending

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by m00eh, Aug 31, 2013.

1. m00eh

Waterson
    Just now
    Alert, all biodomes
    TR population 56%

...not much more to say, but been like this all day, and for weeks for most of the time(s) i play, which is a lot and at different times constantly

Starting to play more when the alerts are not on, I enjoy the cat n' mouse of a couple cool people fighting over a base more than this lopsided crap
    • Up x 2
  2. Rohnlex

We were holding Onatha just fine, but many left to join TR and that's why we lost :(

The NC has too many players that dont give a **** and jump out of the ship when it's sinking.
    • Up x 4
  3. Necron

I can't understand that. I have Tr and VS toons, but I never abandon my NC main just to win an alert. If I switch sides and win because the side I chose has 10% more pop then I didn't really win did I? Besides I would rather give my NC toon something than nothing and get all the certs on one of my alts. But then, many are in this game just to win the easiest way possible. I LIKE playing NC and using skill to beat on the supposed OP factions. Most of the people who switch just to win suck and I don't want them on my team anyway.
    • Up x 4
  4. Rohnlex

Many people still dont realize that you get nothing when you join at the end of an alert.
    • Up x 9
  5. Messaiga

This happens on a regular basis to my beloved server, on Jaeger population was never a problem though (alerts did not exist back then though).
  6. Chipay

Yeah, Ceres isn't any different, although it isn't only during alerts, the TR globally have the highest pop on the server pretty much all the time, it just goes to 40%+ during Alerts
  7. ReconTeemo

wait till warpgate rotates. Hopefully, it goes back to balancing pop.
  8. Zotamedu

Seems like people do not realize that switching faction during the last 10 minutes is a really bad idea since they changed the Alert mechanics. They really should fix the XP notification so it's visible for much longer. Then it would be clear that they only get a handful of XP and they might stop. Now it flashes by so quickly you often miss it. Sometimes you never see it at all. How about putting it in the chat box or something?
  9. GhostAvatar

How do you think it feels for the faction who gets overloaded by the 4th faction. We get overpoped a lot when we are winning an alert. But it doesn't feel right. Yeah we get a more certs for winning an alert. But it destroys the only bit of metagame we have when the victory is sullied by 4th faction overpop.
  10. Psi

Hey, that's something else I miss from PS1! Faction locking!
    • Up x 2
  11. whitupiggu

TR started dominating the pop right after TB announced he was going to start playing again. A week before the rotation.

Blame the aussies. They are the only reason you can have characters of different factions on the same server.
  12. MarlboroMan-E

Same **** still happens with the VS on Mattherson, even though it has gotten better. Sucks. I feel for ya.
    • Up x 1
  13. Psi

Would you mind explaining this?
  14. ReconTeemo

Nah I don't think so. TR started dominating the pop right after we had the NORTH WARPGATE. Look at TB's outfit, only 200 members. Compare that to Odam or PHX 1k+ members.
  15. whitupiggu

Only 1 aussie server. You use to be locked to 1 faction per server but it was changed.

It most certainly did start then. TR hit 40% the same day TB announced he was going to start playing again. I was also in PHX for a month and most members, probably 90%, are not active.
  16. Rraymondo316

The other day on Waterson for a Esamir alert i had a TR player trying to claim that Waterson was one of the most balanced servers

All why TR had 65% Esamir pop and 46% world pop LMAO
    • Up x 3
  17. ReconTeemo

90% not active? PHX can still pull two platoons... I'll tell you a secret why TR have always dominated off hours / early morning.. ODAM period.
  18. Baracuda

Add faction locks for 24hrs, allow paying members to switch factions at will. Sort of fixed 4th faction and SOE stands a chance at making more dosh.
    • Up x 1
  19. Necron

It sucks when you get 4th factioned, but since SOE won't do any sort of forced pop balancing there really isn't much any of us CAN do about it. I just try to pwn faces as much as I can and try to be satisfied with the fact that I did as much as I could within the game systems.
    • Up x 1
  20. gigastar

On Ceres, alerts slide in favor of TR so heavily that the other factions cant even fully populate one continent.
    • Up x 1