Once again fix the gal

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SoljVS, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Aslandor11

The Galaxy is supposed to be a flying fortress. It is slow and sluggish and has problems disengaging when in trouble. It has a significant presence in an area, but it can be worn down easily from a distance by 2-3 ESFs from a distance or rushed down by a single lib. Furthermore, the slow speed of a Gal means it can't really chase down an ESF. Walkers and Drakes have a significant COF that makes them inaccurate at long ranges. Ultimately, Galaxies are easy to spot and have a crushing effect on everything around it, but its inability to reposition or flee makes them vulnerable to being worn down by hostile ESFs or outright killed by Libs.
  2. Silkensmooth

I'm pretty sick of gals myself. They constantly try to ram because they dont take damage from it. Their guns are silly considering their armor. I can't get a gal with competent gunners down 5% with an ESf before i have to run away.

Its not easy to run from a galaxy which seems absurd.

Really its just the walker which is kind of a stupid gun to be putting on a galaxy or a sunderer imo.
  3. AxiomInsanity87

I always make sure to attack a gal from the side or from behind. Attacking the angle between the wing and rear so both walkers can shoot me is also highly effective.

If that fails, get really close..........git gud lol ;)
    • Up x 1
  4. Shadowomega

To be fair the Shiva masses in at 85 tons, the Summoner/Thor is 70 tons, and the Demolisher is 80 tons but also due to Battltech's rules can't equip Feros Fiber only standard armor. Also the Demolisher has two 185 mm Chemjet AC/20s, not 120mm for its default load out.

As a Galaxy transport pilot I can say it is extremely easy to take down once focused or a couple organized players. While someone did say get good, I will simply say; Stop making bad decisions on engaging what you are not equiped to take on.
    • Up x 1
  5. Liewec123

why do you keep posting these "but in real life" posts...
    every single time people give you the same answer BECAUSE ITS A GAME. ;)
  6. ColonelChingles

Because this game has some really glaring and stupid problems.

Tanks only account for 0.25%-7% of kills, which is ridiculously low.
    Galaxies overshadow Valkryies as transports.

On the other hand, IRL has no such problems like these. Tanks kill and are quite lethal. We use Blackhawks and fixed-wing transport heavy lifters. IRL is perfectly balanced in that sense.

So if our game is broken, doesn't it make sense to look at a working model for solutions? People wouldn't be up in arms if I suggested from another video game that "fixed" what was broken in PS2... yet they start pulling out hair when I suggest we model it on the real world.

"BECAUSE ITS A GAME" is no reason to have and keep broken mechanics and to ignore working solutions.
    • Up x 2