On faction flavor and hard numbers [Graphs]

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rune, Nov 29, 2012.

1. KrowAmes

Actually, the biggest problem is that at 20 feet or so, NC is completely useless because of the recoil and expanding cone of fire. I use Light Assault, stay mobile, and do most of my killing inside ten feet (and I still have to aim down the sights to be accurate enough to hit my target).
  2. Tamas

Let me break it down:

DPS for NC - if you wish to hit stuff, you need to burst fire, ergo even slower rate of fire thus even lower DPS.

Recoil? It doesn't go up you noobs, it goes sideways in random directions.
  3. ak47

actualy recoil pushes backwards, Bbecause you are stood there and your feet become the anchor/pivot as you shoot the gun is pushed backward a little which is propotional to the gases created from the combustion of charge ect ect (we will forgo the projectile mass, velocity upon leaving barrel, bullet size and all that for the moment as that brings in angular momentum)

what we can say is that the larger caliber round (more damage) used such as in the NC weapon will release more gas in the barrel than what firing the smaller caliber TR round would do thus you would see more the push back from firing 1 bullet from any NC than what the TR would see, this difference would soon be smaller as the fire rate of the Tr would force the gun in a to suffer a more volotile angular momentum from the increased rate of fire.

in english this would mean that as the NC have a slower rate of fire but higher calibur round they would suffer more push back with some angular movement per shot compared to the Tr who would have less push back but more side to side movement just like you see when firing a uzi.

this does question why the VS suffers from any reciol as there are no clearly defined forces at work when a energy is projected
  4. ed_anger

agreed. it's misleading to post charts that don't start from zero, and frankly unprofessional.
    • Up x 1
  5. Hodo

I hate to say this but...

Aim better.

Controlled bursts, controlled shots, in general control is the NCs biggest skill needed to be good with NC weapons.

VS have the great ability to not worry about bullet drop, as their plasma rounds dont drop much if at all.
  6. VoidMagic

Lol what the charts tell me is that the VS LMG's are UP... lol.. wha!?
    <3 my Orion

All the purple lines are lower!!!!
    Please don't buff VS we are fine..

rotfl.
  7. Deathcapt

I think the real issue that people don't like, is that this game is a burst game, it's not a semi auto game, and the NC's "more dmg per bullet" doesn't really help in the burst game, especially, when the first person to hit has a huge advantage, with the recoil from getting hit.
  8. ElementalFiend

I feel like SoE went about designing the weapons backwards.

All the starting weapons should have identical stats. Then from there the weapons can be customized with one sidegrade or another to push them in other directions. This way everyone starts with a level playing field and through customization there will still be highly varied gameplay.
  9. alecholman

Most of this is relative to distance anyways and the gun you use, not everyone uses the default weapons.
  10. Guy Montag

Wow this post is the perfect example of how you can manipulate data to prove whatever you want.

If you want proof that NC is underpowered, just start a frackin' NC toon and find out for yourself.

Noobs.
  11. Good53X

Yep, it's bad. On the matter, I have two points to anyone suggesting that I should "control my recoil":

Firstly, I can fire my VS carbine in 5+ round bursts and land most of those shots from a roof, or from the middle tower at a biolab.

With NC, it's single round, maybe 2-3 rounds on our most accurate guns.

With our already low fire rate, re-calculate that TTK. It's a joke.

Secondly, I can keep my reticle squarely on you, and still miss you once my CoF blooms. NC bloom is *outrageous*. It's a combination effect.

In summary: We have it bad. Not bad enough to quit, but bad. I'm not trying to whine here - I won't cry if things don't change - but I take issue with people that say there isn't a difference in weapon effectiveness.

(Also, our faction HA is a joke)
  12. anaverageguy

Well organized, though the skewed graphs make some things look completely out of balance at first glance (reasonable as it is that making the differences more visible was the reason for it). I commend you on a relatively impartial thread.

As for the people arguing about NC weapon recoil.. though the discussion is a bit old, NC stock weapons are pretty easy to control (yes. I have tried the other two factions. TR and VS are all I played throughout beta when NC was considered OP and overpopulated). The kick per shot may be high, but over time, it amounts to very little.

And for the poster attempting to use a player's reaction time as a basis for whether one faction has the advantage or not.. that's absurd. Who "reacts" to their own gun's recoil as if it's not something they are in full control of? The player "pulls the trigger" (clicks the mouse..), and does not need to wait to react; the player can start pulling down to control recoil the moment they start firing, no reaction time involved. Heck, if they know their recoil control isn't superb, they can even aim a bit below target and let the recoil kick up to the level they want.
  13. Rec0n412

Average human reaction time is around 215 milliseconds.

You know what that means?

Your brain can't even begin to formulate a response until it(you) has had an average of 215 milliseconds to process whatever the **** stimulus its getting from its environment.
  14. BuzWeaverPS2

Does this translate into NC requiring "more weapon skill"? I like a challenge and I'm okay with adapting to what the NC has to compensate for, however lets face it, the easier it is to handle your weapon the easier time you're going to have taking down enemies, in particular those 1v1's.

I'm finding that my side arm performs incredibly well and I just about default to it in 1v1's while playing my NC character(s).
  15. anaverageguy

It doesn't require response time when you press your mouse to fire on your own. It's not like you're dodging bullets. People can pull down on their mouse without having to think about "reacting" to their own recoil by pulling it down the moment they press to button to fire. What a ****** novelty that is, eh?
  16. ThreePi

One thing that people seem to have never taken into account as well is projectile speed. NC weapons almost across the board have slower moving projectiles, meaning NC has to factor in and adjust for the movement of the target more when firing.
  17. NietCheese

TR can just walk in the door, go full auto and drop anything. The TR medics have better guns than the NC heavies. A shocking state of affairs.

The key problem is while the TR guy can just spray and pray to get kills, we have to burst fire, counter recoil and pause between those bursts. So while we are tapping, you are spewing bullets without pausing. TR has a large advantage at medium range and below the TTK difference is substantial and it's why NC always struggle against TR.

What we need:
    - a small TR nerf, especially on the Carvs.
    - a small NC buff, especially on heavy assault weapons.
  18. NietCheese