OMFG: Phase 1 to Test!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by codeForge, Oct 21, 2013.

1. R0mA

Yeah, downloading PTS client, we'll see tomorrow.
  2. Flaimbot

didn't read the whole thread, so excuse me if this already was answered.

what are the plans for OMFG#2 (if they exist already) ?
    i mean at which elements are you planning to work on to get further perfomance increases?
  3. Chipay

I guess we'll get that info after this patch goes to the live servers
  4. bobek388

quad-core can be a high spec, I don't know many games that efficiently use more than 4 cores, and you can run BF3 on ultra even with 2-core 3.3 CPU, with a little to no lag.
  5. GSZenith

i was drinking and reading forum again....damn you.

(great idea for new sign)
  6. Liquid23

funny coincidence because I was drinking when I wrote that :D

posting on the forums sober is like driving a car sober... sure you can do it but it's just not as much fun
  7. Chakashio

Uhm, I just logged into the Test Server, yet I didn't get any kind of boost on the Live Server. Yes, I used the same account on both Live and Test Servers. When will we get it? Did I do something wrong?
  8. Accuser

The performance patch isn't on test yet. You have to log in after it's launched on test, but before it's launched on live.
  9. noobindo

My toaster give me 25 fps in zerg, so it fine for me. In other games i get about 100. So according to your logic Crysis not highly demanding game.
    Quad-core and higher. They aim to AMD 8 cores CPU.
    Wait, you just name i3 prebuild desktop 4 core pc?
  10. NC_Edacyn

OMFG: I just got "GOT IT" holy smokes I'm slow
  11. Flaimbot

who would've guessed that ;)
  12. NinjaTurtle

By physics do you mean things won't spontaneously combust and my Lightning won't flip when going over a pebble
    • Up x 2
  13. Phyr

Would like to test this, if they could get around to putting it up on the server.
  14. Vandali

Lets hope its not too little too late. We all know the fickle nature of the FPS'er and with the usual culprits releasing on the 29th and 5th, SOE will be needing something more than an optimization patch to keep players.
    • Up x 1
  15. ironeddie

So glad this is omfg is bearing fruit. Hopefully this game can now become the awesome game we all know its capable of being. If soe pull this off then all is forgiven.

I hope phase 2 isn't run as the only project of the devs though. It would be nice if we could have hossin & other content whilst they work on omfg phase 2.
    • Up x 1
  16. Karion

we have a test server??? Where? Point it out nao!
  17. sebo

i hope this address the physx problem permanently because physx it has always been unusable for me. even with a high end machine when i enable physx and i leave warpgate my fps drops to 10 fps and stay there. i have i7 4ghz quad, 6gb ram and 2x 480 GTX. i enable 1 for game and the other for dedicated physx = 10 fps.

also hope there is optimizations for running cards in SLI because i get better performance using 1 card than using 2.. i do get like a 20-30 fps increase while using SLI but in battles my fps tends to drop more when running both cars than with just one.
  18. krayons

so 80 fps however maps are broken, no base names or latties links
  19. P3STILENCE1973

Any solid date on when this goes live on the test server? I just downloaded The test client today and there's lots of broken stuff (maps, sound, etc), but maybe that's how it's supposed to be? It was a ghost town. But, the free 100k certs was fun. It was like Christmas! Hopefully when the patch comes we can organize some battles to test it properly.
  20. daniel696

Probably we will not get this patch today, can someone tell me why I'm not surprised ?