October: A Month of Promise?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DatVanuMan, Oct 13, 2014.

1. KiakoLalene

They've sent so many of their projects to different dates (or to unscheduled) that I don't plan to hold my breath. If they do finally decide to implement what they say they are going to, then kudos to them, and everyone will be happier for it.
  2. vanu123

After the PPA nerf what is the Mag supposed to be good at? It won't kill infantry and it is already crap at killing tanks. Meanwhile the Enforcer is a beast at AV and still can 2 shot infantry and the canister got some needed buffs on top of the best main AV gun in the game with decent heat as well. Meanwhile the prowler has the best overall main guns in the game and overall DPS to compete.
    The mag has acceleration and strafe that doesn't matter within 100-200 meters.
    #BUFFTHEMAG
    • Up x 1
  3. vanu123

My prediction: PPA will turn into the old canister in terms of effectiveness and become like ZOE
    Spiker won't 1 shot nanoweave and probably wont 1 shot non nanoweave even though thats the only way to not make it a crappy pistol.
  4. AdmiralArcher

they are not going to buff the AV grenade

if they do anything to it they will make it more AV oreinted instead of the Go-to grenade for the heavy.

concussion grenades kinda suck......it seems like sometimes they dont even work (no the enemies that kill me that are seemingly unaffected do not have clear vision)

AV grenades work like frag grenades SHOULD work

the spiker needed the change

they already have in game advice.....but ok...
  5. DxAdder

PPA nerf ... whatever nerf away continue to drive more players away. (As usual there will be no compansation for a usless weapon)

Striker ..hahahahahaha it's useless now but I'm sure they can find a way to make it "Unique" and more useless.

Spike.. you really think there going to give the VS a 0HK secondary? keep dreaming..

Grenade changes ? Where did this come from ? How did this make it to the top of the OMG we need to fix this ?

How about FIXING the game engine ? Resource revamp Phase 2 &3 ? fixing other broken ES weapons/MAX abilities?

There priorities are completely backwards.
    • Up x 1
  6. Nimbubu

Having charge mechanics on Spiker and Phaseshift while playing infiltrator and having be uncloaked to charge it, needs a working to.
  7. BobSanders123

I swear to god they need to make AV grenades stick to vehicles and only detonate when stuck on a vehicle. The fact they can murder infantry better than a frag grenade is ridiculous.

Flashbangs needs to detonate faster as well as show an indicator of who has been effected or show the enemies covering their eyes and rubbing them. They should also give any players affected a high pitched noise deafening anything else in the battlefield.
  8. Stopper

In addition to the PPA nerf, they should go on with the quality of life updates, that are things requested by players and will please everybody.
  9. Iridar51

The one thing I learned during last two years is to NOT trust any promise they make.
    • Up x 3
  10. FocusLight

Because using a class' abilities to their fullest makes you less of a 'skill' oriented player and thus, as we know, less of a man, right? :rolleyes:

Get over yourself. Alternatively cry some more.
  11. Person7man

I main NC but even then i'm excited for the spiker buff. When I get killed by it it's embarassing because it's just insulting to get killed by that piece of garbage.
  12. Xasapis

Raises hand ....

Just wanted to point out that in the last few months (compared to the whole PS2 history), the Magrider passed the Prowler as the supreme vehicle killer and is now in first place.

AV grenades are the best way to clear a room full of MAXes. I will be sorely disappointed if they need a vehicle to detonate. They are grenades after all, not mines.
  13. Huishe

"Most likely buff"? Have you been playing the same game as we did? If soe says they're gonna "change" something, it's probably a nerf. Hell, even if they say something is going to be reworked, it still ends up as nerf. And if they buff something, it's recoil buff like the one carv said.

I'm pretty sure they'll nerf AV grenades against infantry. Because they were doing too well. You know, like a real grenade should. Like grenades before the nerf did. But noo, we can't have that.
  14. DatVanuMan

NO idea what that means, but I'll interpret that as victory. *Mario music plays*
  15. sindz

Dont forget Banshee nerf.
  16. DatVanuMan

1. That's what I thought. AV grenades are doing too well versus infantry, but suck for going against vehicles:p
    2. Meh, they're not TOO bad, but they can be improved.
    4. No idea what that means.
    5. Indeed it did, they're finally turning it into the REAL Spiker.
    6. You mean in the tutorial? Yeah, that is amazing and all, but...
  17. Zotamedu

The shield change sounds nice.

I hope they make the AV grenade actually usable against vehicles. Either make it sticky or make it detonate on contact. A rubber ball cannot be used against vehicles.

I really hope they do something with the Striker. Like realizing that Coyote mechanics was a bad idea.

From what I've heard, the PPA is getting a larger COF so it's less effective at range. Welcome to the rest of the game's AI guns Vanu. Just do like the rest of us and use a Halberd.
    • Up x 1
  18. AlCohonez

Doubt it, they would have to know how to read.

But seriously, an in-build link to a youtube vid would be much better, games do such things these days. Also, they could support a lot of passionate PS2 youtubers that support the game, a typical win-win scenario.
  19. sindz

could you link me to those stats? Because from what I can gather its the vehicle which AP cannon is responsible for the least deaths and TR wins in every category while Vs and NC are quite tied.
  20. FateJH

I doubt they're going to affect that (I had to rewrite this sentence five times, each time with less skepticism than the last). Most likely, they're going to drop the base damage, for Infantry, then up the type resistances so that they affect Vehicles just as much as they did previously.

As far as Directives are concerned, however, I do hope they switch AV grenades over to a Vehicle-destruction system, MAXes counting towards that end still.