October: A Month of Promise?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DatVanuMan, Oct 13, 2014.

1. DatVanuMan

The devs have been posting like BEASTS on Forumside. And that makes me aroused... Just kidding:p But I felt EPIC today, not only because I know I aced my English test, but because the devs are intent on making SO MANY amazing changes to the game. They're even incorporating some GOOD PS1 traits, and that makes me happy, man!
    What we can expect:
    -Possible Striker buff. It might be improved in multiple ways as to make it more unique and asymmetrical, and that rocks:D

-PPA nerf. Doesn't really affect me, but I guess it's time for SOE to stop nerfing and start buffing. But oh well, the pros outweigh the cons.

BIG ONE:
    -SPIKER BUFF. The charge is going to be easier to use and achieve, and it's becoming a SINGLE. POWERFUL. SHOT. Just like it always was intended to be:D
    P.S. Thanks, Khope. Your posts have been listened to!:)

-Grenade changes. It would seem that concussion and AV grenades are getting some changes (Most likely buffs, the latter needs one even more).

-Shield changes. Shields are being changed so that they are more unique and not as troublesome. HEY, at least spawn shields aren't being touched, so this is a pretty good thing.

ANOTHER BIG ONE:
    -IN-GAME ADVICE. It would seem as if the devs are ONLY taking the good aspects of PS1 and implementing them to the game, and this one will certainly help new players out. Whenever a new player first logs in, information via text windows will pop up, and will give the player valuable information worth knowing!

Wonderful change, and I really like it! So, what do you guys think?
    This could possibly be a massive month full of delicious stuff, just WAITING to be implemented.
    Thoughts BELOW!
  2. SeanFree

I swear to God, if SOE buffs concs and AV nades before they give LA nades that aren't total ****, I'll fly to California and punch Higby in the head. Concussions are one of the biggest jokes in the game, it's especially fun when you piss a HA off so they need to use both their shield AND conc to win 1v1.
    • Up x 3
  3. Ribero

Teaching New Players how to use Class Abilities and Tools more will be a huge help.

Fewer useless engineers and medics.
    • Up x 3
  4. DatVanuMan

TL:DR Buff FLASH GRENADES! I am HA, and I approve of this idea!
  5. DatVanuMan

Now the NC will become an actual fighting force!
    • Up x 4
  6. Luminiouscow

They should buff the Banshee so it's a 1 hit ko, fires at 1000000 rpm and has 100000000000000000000000000000 bullets.
  7. Luminiouscow

lol. you know, it HAS been a long time since i've seen an nc that's not either a heavy assault or max.
  8. STR1D3R109

I think the grenade changes are nerfs instead of buffs guys..

I dont think ive seen anyone use a frag grenade as a BR50+ heavy so yeah, its probs going to be alot weaker against infantry! (And hopefully actually do damage to vehicles now haha)

Just saying though, they should give anti vehicle grenades to more classes :p
  9. Yuukikun

I'm ready to bet that this charged shot will mysteriously not even kill a no nanoweave wearer anymore.
    • Up x 2
  10. SeanFree

Concussion Grenades for Light Assault 2014!

Am I doing it right? :D
    • Up x 1
  11. -Synapse-

They still have fifteen big things in the unscheduled section. But hell yeah let's devote more resources to yet another set of glowy armor and some variants of already existing guns!

. . . On the other hand the tutorial things seem nice, the balance changes are great, charging into battle with nothing but a knife will be epic, and who doesn't like unified shields? Guess I should go slap the ungrateful Higby who wrote the first part, eh? *WHAP*
  12. tgipier

And change its velocity to negative 500 m/s.
    • Up x 1
  13. EvilUnicorn

Resource Revamp Phase 2 anyone? Anyone? Seriously, when is that gonna come out? Any news I apparently missed out on?
  14. Archiadus

I'm actually enjoying the current resource system, always enough left to spawn a new Harasser. :D
  15. DatVanuMan

THE HORROR...
    It excites me:p
  16. DatVanuMan

Same here. Of course, there will be that one BR80+ medic or engineer trying to complete some directives, but other wise, NC love force.
  17. DatVanuMan

No problem with that, AV grenades are being used more against masses of infantry than against vehicles. Sheesh mano_O I die to them more than I die by Canisters...
  18. DatVanuMan

You DARE physically assault His Higbiness? Why I ought' a...
    WAIT. I already win, my signature is composed of a PATRIOTIC IMAGE. A GIF, to be more precise (And swaggy:p)
  19. Alarox

I'd rather they dedicate the month to fixing bugs, but properly balancing weapons is also good.
  20. -Synapse-

Ungrateful **** -- run through the in-game chat filter is 'Ungrateful Higby'.

I rest my case.