Observations from an older gamer.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vertabrae, Jul 17, 2014.

1. Money

yeah..........no offense to your generation's lore but we grew up on Loony Toons cartoons that were produced in the 50's.

not to mention many other fantastic cartoons and we basically had a day set aside to just study them - Saturday Morning!!!

Sooooooo yeah. Dragonballz starts to look a little silly when placed in our frame of reference
    • Up x 1
  2. hostilechild

Got my first ti99/4a in 1982, a commodore64 a couple years late. Wrote most of my own games for them, later learned how to copy/break the weak encryption on the games. Probably why i got a masters in computer science(AI) and been playing every mmorpg/fps that comes out. Work in the network security field. I think most of the college students hate me for blocking their torrents :p

My son and step-son are 13 and 15. If i want to get them fast, I don't yell anymore they won't hear with the headsets on. I jump on the PC and scream at them on mumble/teamspeak. Embarrassment is a great motivator.

Whats scary is the kids of this generation will soon be parents. God help us in our old age, because they sure won't and just imagine what their kids will be like :eek:
  3. Zakuak

I jump around all the time and I'm "older" heh...I think it is because deep inside...all of us wish we had emotes in PS2...

Oh and a EDIT to let SOE know...I'd pay for em lol =P
  4. queue

It isn't new at all. It pre-dates the internet and stems from Bulletin Board System (BBS) message boards back in the 80s.

Fidonet FTW