Nothing holding my attention to this game anymore

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Schisist, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gavyne

Either move to the United States so you can game better, as I suspect you have the same ping issues no matter what games you play since Australia isn't known for creating blockbuster games. Or convince an Aussie company to make a massive online game worth while, so you actually have a foot to stand on when complaining. But I'll answer a couple of things from your post, from a friendly MMO/FPS/RTS player.

When the spawn room is camped, leave, don't keep going out to die and get frustrated. Yes there comes a time when you need to accept defeat and move on to something else. There's not one game out there where you don't have this spawn camp issue. BF3 is a great example of finding one sided games where all points are locked down by a team, and if you are stuck at your spawn and can't leave without getting shot down. Luckily with this game, you don't have only 1 spawn point. You in fact have 3 persistent worlds/maps, not to mention mobile spawn points and spawn points elsewhere that you own. There's absolutely no reason to have to keep feeding yourself to other people's points.

The game just came out, less than a week old, no content patches yet, no updates yet. All they've been doing is to focus their attention on fixing the most important issues first, the server issues, lag issues, crashing issues, etc.. See the sticky post from Smed. So complaints about such & such not doing enough damage, so and so don't get enough certs, or such class do better than such class are all going to be addressed later. If you have no patience to wait, then play something else. But I suspect you're playing here because 1) it's free, gamers like free stuff, 2) you do have fun when things go your way in the game.

By being Anti-SOE, I can tell you have some hatred for the company before you played this game, it doesn't help. So don't bother trying to say you attempted to help. You came in with a pre-determined mindset, you knew your ping was going to be crap and likely crap for all decent online games you have ever played. You knew this game was free to play and try, and that it just came out so it's nowhere perfect nor polished. But yet with all that $OE hate you still logged in and played. If you really want to make a statement then don't play their games, not even when it's free.
  2. Predzo

That means it's set to default, which is enabled...

And yeah you're totally not zerging:

3. Schisist

Ever hear of being disappointed? I am allowed to vent my disappointment in a game with such huge potential being squandered for some quick cash, same reason it was rushed out of beta months before it was ready, $$$$$$$$.

Defend it all you like, dismiss those you see these problems even more, please do. I will return when it's 1 active server after all the others were merged together, to watch you fighting in the only part of the continent where there actually is fighting.

Let's play whack-a-mole! Follow the zerg! Cap behind the enemy zerg because no lockouts, 0 reason to defend and nearly impossible to defend anyway.

This is a circle jerk that ejaculate.s money in to SOE's accounts.
    • Up x 1
  4. Schisist

How the hell does that have anything to do with zerg, mong? You have to spawn somewhere. What's the other option? Spawn 30miles away, spend 5 minutes travelleing only to get insta-gibbed? Then what? Spawn 30miles away again? Of course not, you spawn near the battle.

You know ESF's can cover pretty much every spawn point in any given battle for miles around? You know those high agility and high speed carpet bombing anti anti-air fighters?

You know you show up as a red triangle right? And that mass tanks/planes just have to shoot in your general area to vapourise you.

But go ahead, it's your loss not mine. You will be the one punished with a ghost town of a game, not i.
  5. Thunderhawk

Actually to post something meaningful, The game is about big battles, admittedly, it seems it's pointless taking a base only to be hacked from you instantly by a loan cloaker as you move off, I still think SOE need to add a timer to base capture of say 5-10 mins so people who captured / Defended a facility actually regroup.

I know Higby said countless times that he doesnt like it, kills the flow of battle, but no it doesn't, a lot of people yearn for a feeling of accomplishment, and this is one of the major factors that is causing you to get tired of this game, the feeling that the Zerg attacking a base needs to wait 5-10 minutes before taking it again gives time for us to regroup, repair it, get tanks out, whatever.....

The lockout is needed, people captuing a base get a sense of "we did it !!!!", people defending who successfully defend get the same feeling.....

At the moment whatever you do...... you will always be one person away from feeling "What was the point of that tense 15-20 minute battle if they can just take the point instantly as soon as it was defended/captured.

LISTEN TO ME HIGBY !!!!!!! - Reconsider the Lockout timers to facilities !!!!!

[IMG]
  6. Zironic

Rather off-topic. But has anyone said anything good about SOE ever? They seem to have the worst rep among anyone that peddles MMOG's.
  7. caldrin

@OP

bye then..
  8. Babaganoush

Except red triangles don't show up while you're in a ESF.

And it sounds like the enemy is going to take the base from you if you cant find another clear spawn point in the area and no friendly sunderers around. Need to learn when to give up.

Has anyone said anything good about ANY F2P handling game company?
  9. Rossinna-Sama

Hey Mr.Ranter... You do realize there IS an AUS server, right? That it actually has some of the fiercest fighting in the game according to some SOE people who fought down here while they were fixing some server issues?

But if this is the sort of attitude you do have... I'd rather you never realize it. Last thing I need is to hear you over proximity voice chat.
  10. Gavyne

You really want lockouts? Lockouts mean once a place is taken, you have to move on and you then have absolutely ZERO reason to stay behind. Where as right now, having taken a place, sometimes the enemies are still around, or another faction shows up, the place you just capped you may have to turn around to defend right away. I find that more realistic and more action oriented. When you start having these lockouts, you are allowing the game control where you can & can't go. We've been there done that with MMO's.

Zero reason and impossible to defend, tell that to the TR that defended bio lab from NC tonight. Bio labs are very defendable. Also tell that to VS that successfully defended amp station. It's a hard station to take when you have a lot of defenders, especially ones that know how to protect the generators. You require 2 generators to be down at once for a good period of time, and that can be hard to achieve if defenders know what they're doing. As for reason for defending, how about my 300 certs I got defending bio lab from onslaught of zergs? I play heavy assault so no I'm not getting support exp but I'm sure whoever was feeding me ammo and healing me got good exp as well.

Sometimes these games can be played different ways. You can choose to frustrate yourself, or choose to play it wisely.
  11. Thunderhawk

This is starting to sound more like a "I hate ESFs" then a "I hate Planetside 2" rant......

Let me tell you, from an ESF pilot 95% of the time in game:-

1. Yes, Rocket Pods are spamming infantry and killing them, but hey, they're exploding rockets and you're Flesh and bone, deal with it.

2. If you get 2 X AA MAXES out, you deny Air space of that area totally until yo're taken out, and if you know how to coordinate and stand back to back, thats it, game over, MAXES take an insane amount of rocket spamming to go down, not one pass, but 2-3 passes.

3. Yes, Turrets on Bases get taken out with one Salvo, so may need to be buffed a little so one full Salvo from a dive bombing ESF does not kill a Turret (buff HP of the turret, not nerf damage of rocket pods)

4. Skyguards are not that common right now, blame the players who probably don't know it's effectiveness, but get 2 Skyguards out and good bye Air Cav in the air........(Counter the problem with Tactics, not with rages on the forums)

I could carry on, but I want to login and spam some Infantry at a Sunderer with Hellfire missiles.
  12. ghnurbles

• All the deaths you've described are player error - they're your own misplays, and certainly not SOE's fault.
    • Briggs is located in Australia. You're playing against Australians on a local server, not "Americans with superior ping".
    • The game isn't perfectly balanced, but it's very good. The developers have been doing an amazing job with balance, considering what they're dealing with.
  13. Gavyne

People have hated SOE since the whole SWG fiasco, they then blamed Vanguard's failures on SOE even though it wasn't even SOE's game, they didn't make it they saved it. EQ1 players, like me, hated SOE for creating EQ2. But look at EQ2 now, it's a populated game with a lot of happy gamers there. So times change, I know EQ1 is a thing of the past and while we can be nostalgic about it, like planetside 1 players being nostalgic about it, things change.

I would say people do have a love/hate relationship with SOE. They've hated SOE on several things before, but yet they, just like the OP, keeps on coming back to play SOE games. Like I said, gamers are fickle.
  14. Binkus

shame to lose any players frankly

but as a PS1 vet, loved the old game for game play and the community

PS2 is a very poor relation, driven by such obvious greed rather than making the game what will keep people in it for the longterm

I dont mind paying, paid for Member and Alpha but sadly my cash feels so wasted now

and i fully agree, the game will probably crash and burn in about 3 months time when numbers drop,

when numbers drop they will start to add trash like BFRs, some more weapon unlocks "look at this new shiney rifle etc"

empire specific vehicles which will cost 1500 SC or 1 mil cert points and then it will undergo a short revival, and then lose everyone again

its all about adding stuff to the shop for them now rather than making the bases better, the access to continents better ie sanctuary where people could atleast talk to other players rather than sit in some massive queue (member generating massive queue, well played $OE, soon the member queues will equal them)

people who are saying goodbye are in denial, sad to see any players go as PS1 was the best gaming experience i have ever had all round

they have made a one trip pony, instead of listening to the Vets they thought they knew best for the modern game...

the modern game = forfeit quality and longterm play for fast cash, the players are fast to jump ship so get their cash fast

the modern game should be = keep players for years because the game is unique and will have a huge following, lets charge them reasonably and not seem like some back street insurance company, gain their trust and have loyal players who will help us and generally stick with us.

fair well OP probably wont be far behind you
  15. Binkus

they also killed Poxnora when they ramped up the cash grab pay to win
  16. Schisist

I'm sure if you could isolate the developers who worked their ***** off on this game and could ask them without any possibility of them being punished by SOE "Do you think this game was ready for launch? Do you think these prices are fair?".

I honestly think they would answer no to both.

I'm not meaning to bash the people who made the game, i'm bashing the finance derpartments, the Suits up stairs, the marketers, and the ones who see only $$ and want it ASAP despite whether the game is actually ready or not. **** those people.
  17. Schisist

How can you expect them to care about these games? They're rushed out cash-grab F2P games.

If it fails, they just rush another one, when that dies they do it again. But before each one dies they ramp up the prices etc to milk it to death then shut it down. Rinse, repeat.

Imagine if the developers of this game were working under someone like Valve? This game would be amazing. Not because of their money or anything, but because they care. That's why they are successful, and SOE is looked down upon.
  18. RykerStruvian

You need to revamp your playstyle. I finished playing yesterday after three hours as light assault NC side with 74/6

No, I don't drive vehicles. I did that on foot using default weapon without certs, but I did have nanoweave armor 3 and desert camo.
  19. Shadestrike

You've never been on a Duckhunt, then.
  20. Gavyne

Vets of PS 1 are often in denial about just how popular the game was/is. Planetside 1 capped out at 75k players max, it was at best a niche game, it catered to a very low percentage of players by any standards. You can compare it to a MMO, compare it to a FPS game, no matter what genre what game, 75k during its prime is not that many players. So while I understand you and other PS 1 vets who post plenty of disgruntled posts here are nostalgic about that game, you got to understand the games have changed, gamers are different today. For better or worse, these new games probably do attract more players to them, and the company probably do make more money off these new games. If they didn't, they wouldn't be headed this direction, and all other games in MMO's and even online FPS games are headed into this cash grab direction. Again I use Battlefield 3 as an example where Dice promised players updates and new maps, then they put all the goodies into a separate "Premium" package which you had to pay for again.

But for better or worse, while I liked Battlefield: Bad Company 2 better than BF3, BF3 outsold the previous. It does comes down to numbers, and there just seems to be more gamers that like whatever's coming out today than what was released back in the early 2000's.

I don't mean disrespect at all, I just want to bring that fact out about Planetside 1. The game was a niche game that never got wildly popular, so it's quite hard to suggest anybody here is in denial when PS 1 vets are here lobbying to make Planetside 2 to be more like Planetside 1.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.