Nothing but air zergs again, why bother playing?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paisty, May 2, 2014.

1. Paisty

Another double xp event, more WDS style air zergs.

AA duty sucks in this game, you cannot even make certs playing AA.

Waterson is overrun with aircraft already. So is there any reason for those of us that hate PS2 flight controls to play at all?
    • Up x 4
  2. TheBlindFreak

It sounds like you're doing AA solo. And I can understand how that could be frustrating. Try finding a group to work with for dedicated AA.

3 Skyguards will incinerate any ESF that dares to come into range. Liberators too.
    • Up x 6
  3. Trebb

Except for the occasional lock-down AA max, I've given up on AA support. Skyguard fire is too random, and the certs are so crappy. Plus, I swear that the instant I pull a skyguard, those 50 aircraft vanish, only to come back the instant I get blown up by Random_tank_09. Everytime!
    • Up x 7
  4. MajiinBuu

I've made 100 certs in 20 minutes as a lone burster max on top of an amp station.
    "Can't even make certs" :rolleyes:
    • Up x 4
  5. Tentakewls

Bruster MAXes are the way to go if you want AA, Skyguard is awful and is just going to get you killed by libs.
  6. minhalexus

how many boosts did you have active?

Keep in mind what i mean by boosts:-

Manual boost.
    Pop boost
    Alert boost
    Mission boost
    Squad Boost.
  7. NoctD

Are you kidding? Tons of glorious certs playing AA - but you'll need a Skyguard or certed dual Burster MAX for it.

AA just isn't great for kill farming or padding your K/D. Or when your enemy isn't pulling much air. Air zergs = great cert farm.
    • Up x 2
  8. Paisty

Yep exactly.

Again for those trying to give me advise, i appreciate what your trying to do, but I am not exactly new to PS2. I was here for the original Airside2 .

AA is not a fun endeavor. But due too the silly notions of the Dev's playing AA is only a deterrence by design. Until AA is made to kill aircraft, there is no point to playing it.

With that said, due too the enormous amount of aircraft over every base with infantry, there is no other choice but to play this game as "deterrence".

Deterrence Simulator 2 is not a game that anyone into a FPS actually wants to play. Presently that is the proper name for PS2.
    • Up x 1
  9. MajiinBuu

50% with auraxium membership. No pop boost, no squad boost. No alert boost, alert was on Esamir (I was at Dahaka amp on Indar).
    Might have been a mission boost, I try to ignore missions.

So without boosts it'd still be a good amount of XP in a short time.
    • Up x 1
  10. Paisty

Yeah ok, an engineer gets more xp ticks from just an ammo pack. Stop fooling yourself, AA in this game is a bad joke, the dev's do not want you to take away the pilots farm.
    • Up x 1
  11. Paragon Exile

If more than two people pull AA or lock-on launchers, air units have no choice but to flee or stay and get slaughtered.

Stop playing with people who suck.
    • Up x 5
  12. Modern Ancestor

AA is pretty much stuff you do only if the situation is unbearable without it. Seems like its just broken beyond any enjoyment. And yes you guessed right i dont fly apart sometimes gunning Lib/Gal. I choose not to like fighting infantry more anyway.

But doesnt bother me much i can adapt to situation and not worry something i cannot chance just bit sad that AA isnt fun or attractive thing to do. Used to enjoy doing it.
  13. libbmaster

It's funny, I knew a guy who went by the name "paisty" on another forum.

He was really very reasonable in his tone and actions.
    • Up x 2
  14. Paisty

Yeah, two or three people playing AA fighting one aircraft may be a deterrent, which is ridiculous in itself. But if you read my post I am talking about overwhelming air zergs. 10 people fighting these zergs with all the AA they can pull, will just be fodder.

Read the thread and stop assuming.
  15. Paisty

Might be me but after months of the same ******** AA duty, I am beginning to believe all the people that told me to stay away from SOE games in the first place.
  16. MeDPaX

17. Casterbridge

AA would be more enjoyable if it at least had a chance of also participating on the ground fight to a reasonable degree.

I'm not saying it needs to be capable of taking all things on all the time (carefully does not look at aircraft), but it's frustrating to pull an AA Max or Skyguard, and not be able to do anything else well but shoot at aircraft, and even then it's only mediocre at that job, because otherwise it would decimate aircraft to easily in groups.

Most of the time I'd rather just switch to my Heavy and use dumb fires.
    • Up x 2
  18. NoctD

But you can - you can switch load outs on a MAX very easily, and a Skyguard is good vs. infantry and vehicles as long as you're not trying to be totally rambo with it.
    • Up x 1
  19. Huxer

Well, I agree with the OP mostly. AA is not fun for me either. I have a dual burster MAX, I have an annihilator on my heavy. Generally speaking I'd rather redeploy to a different fight first. I might try to spawn room usethe burster if that didn't work but I wouldn't enjoy it. Lastly I would probably try to ignore them and get inside, I hate being stuck with the annihilator but I will carry that crap to the point with me if I have to.

So my suggestion to you good sir and fellow player on Waterson, press "U" and fight somewhere else, or stay inside.
  20. Zenanii

If every HA on the ground make a point of carrying the G2A launcher, you can usually shut down all esf and minimize the damage from liberators. Get some friendly ESFs up in the air and voila, you have air dominance.

Air might be strong, but it's not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. Those massive air zergs that just wipes everything are usually outpopping you either way, redeploy to a more even fight.
    • Up x 2