Not fair for infiltrators

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Bape, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Cymoril

Well if u build it to be an assualt team then you can do something similar 2 or 3 infils drop into a base, plant BBs and shut down gens or pod into crossroads and terrorize 2 in and 1 out sniping during the chaos. The 2 I regularly play against just try to run by in the top of the tower like theyre one of the team cause the maxs are up there and not many "Q" "target" for some reason. All the new colorful gear they tend to blend in at a glance and then drop down a level or wherever. They at least break even on K/D. So if they do a gal drop with a squad it can be real annoying. Sabotage a terminal, wait at some range for people to walk up and change their readout and snipe or decloak and pop em with a pistol. Ive had it done to me successfully many times.
  2. Dubious

They should just rename the class to Sniper as thats what it starts as and its its main priority

Infiltrator were a concept in beta, where they had the perma stealth option (locked)
  3. ItsDangerous

I think Im one of the few that think infiltrators arent that far off of where they should be...

I would love to play or at least hear about these games you guys play where infiltrators are absolute gods. legit, not sarcasm. TF and TF2 ... sure they could get a bit out of hand but had recognizable down sides as these do. Would everything be ok if we got boxes to hide under like snake?

*I dont mind our guns, as they are slightly downgraded in close combat due to our cloaking capabilities*
    *I dont mind our cloak, it lets me do silly things the other classes cant dream of while still putting me in a cat and mouse game*
    *I like our skillset, I just wish it applied to vehicles in some manner (Markerlights/hacking empty vehicles)*

Think about some of the times you are playing, say capping a off the wall point or trying to shut down a amp station.
    Ever get on any good kill streaks, or completely shut the other faction out of those generators being and infi?
    Think about if we gave you better guns in that scenario, gave you perfect invisibility, or even more crazy tools.
    Now think of how people would spam the forums with nerf infi threads and no one would care about magriders or AA missiles.
  4. GSZenith

The issue is, as LA i can do all that but better, i can park my maphack flash 100meter away, i can sit on a roof and wait for the little dot to show itself, i can slip behind him without making a sound and unload a shotgun then fly away.
  5. ItsDangerous

As an LA can you hack resupply terminals, vehicle terminals and base turrets/AA? Nope
    As an LA can you spawn a sundy inside a shielded base? Nope

There is the niche.

Its not about the cloak, the l337 snipers, or whatever fantasies people still have about PS1. Is a LA more handy in the average situation? By a small margin, however those two stated points above make this class extremely valuable. Its not godmode cloaker hunter, or master sergeant corporal major sniper. Infiltrator. It does it well.

The point that you are comparing LA to infi is silly. Lets do this fun one. Whats the point of a LA when you have an engineer?

"I have a jetpack" - LA
    "Ok Ill just take the stairs and still do twice what you do" -Engi

Say it slowly I-N-F-I-L-T-R-A-T-O-R,
    By definition it does what it is designed to do. Yes an LA can also "get in a base". The Infi just does it more low key and at times with more utility.
  6. Vaphell

so you are saying the class is fine because in very specific scenarios it might have a brief moment of glory. Unfortunately that is not true, the class is underwhelming for the other 99.9% of the time.

just like one guy in gameplay forum said - hacking itself in the current form is stupid and from the strategic point of view you should always destroy key terminals after use. If you leave them up and working, you are only gimping yourself and begging some infiltrator to pwnzor you. Once he hacks out the AMS, you have masses streaming into territory behind your back - why would you ever want that? Leave them destroyed and the infidel loses his job right off the bat

Besides if you participate in a big assault and arrive at the same time as first air/tanks, there is nothing left to hack as people demolish terminals on sight for 25xp a pop.
  7. ArcMinuteLight

According to Jesus here, the LA although applicable in EVERY situation and outstands and far surpasses the Infiltrator by LEAGUES!
    But, the Infiltrator is better just because he can spawn a sundie that gets instantly destroyed inside an enemy base once in a blue moon.
  8. modeSeven

I think the infiltrator class is okay. My gripe lies with the detection dart not being useful enough. With a minimap crowded with so many symbols and markers, making out a red dot from the dart is kinda hard and to be honest, pointless since it doesn't last long enough or scan frequently enough to make head or tails of the enemy's movements.

For me the whole point of playing infiltrator is getting superior positioning. Moving from cover to cover, getting on the flanks, then taking down the enemy one by one while watching their clueless moves (up there? no! behind us! ****, I'll just bunny hop and hope to live). Or maybe hacking /all/ the terminals in a base and disrupt the battle so that friendly vehicles can move in.
    This does involve 90% running around trying to stay undetected and 10% actual shooting so if the playstyle doesn't suit you, don't ask for a buff, change classes.

As for long range sniping, it doesn't matter what defenses do we have because if you're in range to get shot at, you're doing it wrong.
  9. McDonaldsMaster

Infiltrator class is fine. I'd say it's the best class.

Perhaps Infiltrator Class is not for you at the moment? Until you truly click with it?
  10. Bape

11. Enemy Pool

Infiltration in planetside amounts to scouting forwards into enemy territory and engaging the target from vantage points/cover, not sneaking into firefights or even compounds. If you're infiltrating a place, you're not assaulting it, you're testing it and taking advantage of weak points and opportunity. The LA doesn't infiltrate, he literally assaults positions.

I guess it boils down to personal interpretation and semantics, but I think the infiltrator is fine and is capable of doing exactly what it's supposed to.
  12. Zinus

When playing inf the only thing i need are the damn weapon terminals. Like some bases don't even have one that is outside spawn point.
    So many times i managed to stay hidden and actually infiltrate but once you use up your mine/darts, you become almost useless...
    If every base had the terminals then there would at least be a chance for the inf to resupply and continue his disruption, but like this we get starved after using our stuff once and that's it...