[BUG] Not able to launch game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orga, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. equinub

Q8400@3.2ghz
    6GB DDR2
    ATI 5850 and GTX 1060
    SSD

Above system offered playable performance in fights < 24-48.

Now i can't play on this system.. And have to visit a mates place to borrow his pc..

PS2 Live worked fine during last weeks double xp weekend.

PTS didn't work a month ago, they apparently they pushed this PTS patch LIVE...
    • Up x 1
  2. OU7CAS7

I'm guessing DBG failed to properly test the latest update with quad core systems, perhaps?

Slightly off topic, I just looked at the minimum specs for PS2. Interesting to note that, at least according to the "minimum recommended specs" provided by DBG, you need at least a quad core CPU to play the game properly. Surely that can't be right...
  3. MeliboeusVS

Rather they Patch on Tuesday so there's devs around to try/fix/deploy.
    Friday update is a bit too much *light-fuse&run-away*
    Another quad core ( Q6600 ) patch fail
    • Up x 1
  4. Ufficiale31d

• Up x 1
  5. DirArtillerySupport

Is there any reason to report that your computer is not able to run sse 4.2 instructions? They kinda know all this already from their end don't they?
  6. Delta Faya

It just since the last update that they use sse4.2 instructions ? I didn't read that on the detail :/
  7. DirArtillerySupport

There are several threads on reddit along with a response from a dev on the Thursday patch. I had to find out the same way when they stopped supporting vista. Upgraded a quad core without sse 4.2 to Windows 10 to get around it only to encounter this a month or 2 later. It's all our fault...our poor potatoes :(
  8. Delta Faya

Ahem, actually, there is a i5 7600k / 16 gb DDR4 / MB Asus Strix Z270 / GTX 1080 on my desk. I'm waiting for the case -_-

But... I hope they explain themselve about dumping the oldest configs, or ... fix it :/
  9. DirArtillerySupport

Well while we wait I'm downloading Battlefront to see how it fairs....at $9.99 it's a cheap shot in the dark and PS2 has been getting kind of stale so out with the old! ;)
  10. jpesadilla

So it is Sunday evening approx. 1930 Eastern. The last official message I can see from DayBreak was back on the 9th.

Is anybody working on this issue?? Do you think maybe we can get an update? when will you rolling back the update??
  11. jpesadilla

Already have. Yesterday. All I have gotten for my trouble is an automated reply asking for details of my ISP and Network setup.
  12. MacBaren

As you can see they do not care at all about this topic.
    This is the official forum, why is there no official response?
  13. OU7CAS7

I've got a question:
    Does anyone know if PS2 has a game log or crash log of some description? I think I came across some launcher logs, but that doesn't really help us. If there isn't one, then this is something that DBG should consider implementing to discover and fix bugs quicker.
  14. Maddens

15. Ivorycheck

i think it's not hardware problem. either battle eye or garbled response from client side. no logs, no errors. i wonder how this problem looks like from the server side.
  16. OU7CAS7

Hmm... not sure whether to read into this as a simple mistake / oversight, or if they are inclined to push out computer systems running older (yet still perfectly capable) parts. Still, if they are planning to fix the issue for the mean time, then I guess I can't complain too much...
  17. Sgabinato

same me .. I play for 20-30 seconds and crash to desktop without error.
    when a new patch, please ..
    (my conf: Q6600 oc 3.6Ghz - GTX 770 - 6Gb RAM)
  18. Tagguritt

I looks like all of the people having problems are running quad cores. Please tell me if i am wrong.
  19. DirArtillerySupport

*showing you the door* We do not speak its name!
  20. OU7CAS7

It seems all older quad core CPU families are affected (e.g. Intel Core Quads, Intel Core 2 Quads). I haven't seen anyone having problems with the newer "i series" (e.g. i5, i7, i9). This gives credence to what jkriegshauser from DBG said.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.