[BUG] Not able to launch game

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orga, Jun 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orga

At the end of the second loading screen the game simply crash to desktop.
    The loading bar is running faster than the usual time needed before the patch.
    Files validated, nothing changed.
    • Up x 3
  2. GammaRay984

same, at the end of second screen crash, loading bar goeas all the way, as all loaded then crash to desktop.
    • Up x 3
  3. Orga

Just noticed a discrepancy between my main character and others that I use in the same server and in other servers that may help find out the cause of the CTD.

All 3 achievements on my main character are at 0 and that is not possible, on the others characters achievements are correct.
    I tried to launch the game with my main character and the game always load VR Training then CTD, with another character same server the game load regular world (esamir, for example) then CDT.
    Same applies to my others characters in others servers, CTD at the end of the second loading screen.
    • Up x 1
  4. cogum1

Me too. All my characters are at zero achievements its impossible. Maybe its a server problem.
  5. Eternaloptimist

These kind of glitches are common after a big patch and generally self-correct. I'd be expecting to see a few small (47k or so) patches over the next day or two.
    • Up x 1
  6. TR5L4Y3R

able to launch but get booted like 30 seconds into game .. tried 4 times .. everytime got kicked ..
  7. OU7CAS7

• Up x 1
  8. TR5L4Y3R

corection ... get booted out after 3 seconds now ... geez ...
  9. Orga

Still not able to pass the second loading screen.
    I just read on another forum that someone had this kind of problem on PST server just after the new biolab dome was introduced.
    His cpu spec are similar than mine and my cpu is the same as others players having the same issue.

Here my system spec.:
    CPU Q9550 @ 3777 MHz
    6 GB @ 1333 MHz 7,7,7,21
    EVGA GTX660 FTW
    XFX 790i
    • Up x 2
  10. GammaRay984

Still no changes, cannot get pass second loading screen. :(
    • Up x 1
  11. Ivorycheck

saem ****e, game closing silently after 30-40 seconds
  12. MacBaren

Same here.
    Q6600 oc to 3Ghz 8 gb DDR3 ram

I've been playing this game since 2012
    Everything worked correctly until the last patch.

I can not play anymore.
    The problem is the game, it's not my PC
    I can play games with better graphics online without problems.

It seems that if you do not have an i5 intel 760 the game NOW does not work.
    This is what makes a bad company with the players.

And the people in charge of the company do not ignore all the players with this problem.
    I find it very embarrassing for them to kick like that.
    Painful.
    Since they do not say anything officially that they know the players that is not your PC problem, drivers etc.
    They are the ones who have kicked us out of the game in this creepy way.

But the money they spent all those people who now can not play if they did well.
    • Up x 1
  13. Glyphs

Wait wait wait.
    They locked out customers who don't have the latest pc hardware?
    Holy **** that's dirty as ****.
    • Up x 2
  14. qtech

Well in any case an official response should have been given already. If it is true about the hardware than I do regret paying for this game. In the long run it will be their loss.
  15. Delta Faya

Same problem here.

Q9550 - 8 gb DDR3 Ram - GTX 780

I voted on the bug report too.

I hope they fix it soon, even if i will buid a new config in two day, i would like to use the old one too.
    • Up x 2
  16. Delta Faya

I

I'm not sure they do this deliberatly. I mean, developping for PC is really hard because of the diversity of player's configurations. It's perfectly plausible that they tried to improve performances for the latest CPU/GPU, and sadly it results in crash for some oldest configs. I rather think that than you way ^^
  17. Maddens

What the HELL, game closes after 30sec, just quits to desktop. Daybreak hello?
    x5460 here (quad).
    • Up x 2
  18. The Rogue Wolf

This often happens when your character has been put in the VR training area. It's not permanent.
  19. Orga

3rd day, not able to play.
    Is the dev team aware of the situation we are facing?
    At least a word of acknowledgement of the problem from the dev team will be appreciated.
    Are they working on the problem or the problem is not a problem, they simply moved forward leaving us owners of "old" cpu's out of the game?
    Since I'm paying for this game I want at least an answer from them.
    • Up x 2
  20. Maddens

They are aware, but dont give a noticable fk. Radar said on reddit that older platform stopped being supported in 2015 after minimal requrements update.
    Total bulls(*t, I hope they know how many, HOW FKIN MANY people they have rolled with the new super duper opaque requiring SSE4.2 biolab dome. Cant say if im more angry then dissapointed, man, i mean if they tell me to upgrade my sh*t if i want to play, then bam- bye - unistall. Especially if the game was working great for 5 years until now (DIRECT X 9 game!!)
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.