NO XP FOR KILLS - Did you even notice?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Lewk, Nov 14, 2014.

1. Lewk

2. JudgeNu

Nope.
    Never noticed.
    I don't camp spawns.
    I rarely kill anyone at a Sundy.
    I go for the action...
    Not for cheese.
    Not me.

Poetic.
  3. Astriania

People will stop farming sundies eventually as they realise it's not a good way to farm certs.

Spawn camping is necessary because of the capture mechanics and redeployside and those need changing to stop it happening. (SCUs everywhere is the easiest way out of that one.)
  4. ronjahn

Multiple SCUs and Multiple spawn rooms in most/every base would actually be a good start.

If the attackers had 3-4 spawn locations to guard against instead of one, or sometimes a second spawn 10m away or a terribly inconvenient location, it would spread them out and make it much more difficult to spawn camp.

It also gives the defenders multiple options to choose from when deciding how to bust out of the spawn.

Having multiple SCUs also makes base capture more interesting then:
    1. Stand on control point for 5 seconds
    2. Run to safe location near enemy spawn door.

This might not work on the much smaller bases(most of which are crappy, laggy, and not even needed in the grand scheme of things) but it would definitely be helpful on larger and multiple capture point bases.
    • Up x 1
  5. Rogueghost

Whenever a fight gets to the spawn camp stage during an assault I just redeploy and find a proper fight.
  6. uhlan

Eh, who cares. It's such a small amount of xp anyway.

If you're making your "living" on spawn kills, you need to reevaluate your game-play anyway.

I don't miss it.
  7. BlueSkies

Yeah... because I'm just going to let people spawn at a Sundie unmolested (if I don't have a way to take out the Sundie itself).

Don't particularly care about the XP or kill credit, not going to let them run free.
  8. NoctD

SOE will never get it right. And the stupid players will always get spawn camped and farmed/killed regardless. Once a base is overrun, its seldom useful to spawn at that base. Players need to learn how to play the game - subject them to the school of hard knocks might be the fastest way to knock sense into their pathetic narrow minded view of respawn, run and gun that games like COD have caused.

I keep saying bring back cap point influence - objective guard bonus doesn't do much. Its not about XP. Spawn camping is just the most expedient/sensible strategy for base capture given there's really no need to guard anything else, people will always gravitate to spawn camping. Its just the smart thing to do since the game doesn't cause you to need to use more strategy/spread out/etc.
  9. SpartanPsycho

Okay.
  10. XsolarflareX

The worst part about the change I found was how quickly it was basically reversed. on one hand, sony does not want to reward spawn camping. Fair enough, I get it, it's cheap and can quickly devolve into back and forth hate spewing between players. But, on the other hand they introduce directives that pretty much say, go ahead and camp away. most weapon directives want at least one tier of ' kill 1000 players'. Where is the best place to do this? spawns. And getting it leads to unlocking things
    Not sure if i'm having my hand slapped for camping or high fived.
  11. Tuco

[IMG]

"We shall spawn camp on the beaches, we shall spawn camp on the landing grounds, we shall spawn camp in the fields and in the streets, we shall spawn camp in the hills"
  12. Sixstring

UUGGGGGHH! I can't believe the game has gone on this long without the devs getting a clue or a lightbulb in their head or even just looking at the situation and saying "What is the REAL problem here?" They always take the side of the downtrodden "victims" who's negative behaviour they continue to reinforce by allowing them to sit in the spawn indefinitely with no reprocusions instead of doing the smart thing and encouraging them to fight from the next base,guess how they make the game flow this way? By kicking them out of the spawn room,SCU's are fine but they don't really matter in the current gameflow if people can't leave the spawn they need a time limit that makes them leave and bring a tank,sunderer or ANYTHING that would be more useful than camping in the spawn. That's why we have bases that are linked together but instead of taking advantage of the game they built the devs just say "No let's just punish the smart people who brought vehicles and managed to trap the enemy in the spawn which shouldn't even be allowed to happen in the first place if we just made the defenders give themeselves a chance and do something useful in the process." But they won't do any of this because it would actually work.
  13. FieldMarshall

To quote myself from 2 months ago about no xp for spawncampers:
  14. \m/SLAYER\m/

most of them camping for directives
  15. Goretzu

Pretty much this. :)
    • Up x 1
  16. Anomalous Entity

It's just another change for the PS4 crowd, they only know Call of Doody and BrainFart 4, so they are under the rules of NO SPAWN CAMPING NUBZ!!!!111!!!

Nevermind that locking down the spawn is a good tactical decision in a more cooperative team based FPS like PS1 (no not PS2, that ship has sailed)...

Soon all the bases will be in separate zones called 'arenas' and you'll have to queue up for them in teams of 8 to 12...
    • Up x 1
  17. gibstorm

It's a bad idea.

No one is going to stop spawn camping . It's part of the game. The best way to defeat the enemy team is to push them into the spawn and keep them there.

The only thing this will do is make people angry
  18. Jachim

There seems to be this consensus amongst people that spawn camping is somehow a fruitful, farm-filled dream. I mean, it is sometimes, if those spawn-camped are idiots, but for the most part if a base is being taken, everyone converges on the enemy spawn to ensure they don't break out and take back points. That's spawn camping yes, but for a very valid, objective reason. Keep the enemy in their spawn gives you a better chance at beating them.

The issue comes to light usually from the defenders side, who claim the attackers are only there to farm certs and ignore the fact that the point is (generally) flipping etc. If the point isn't flipping, then that's some serious squad control, as even a stray random will just cap the point on instinct, but that is extremely rare and frankly counterproductive for the attacking force.
  19. UnDeaD_CyBorG

The problem really arises wheneveryone goes spawncamping and they forgot that lone infiltrator who caps back the point, and then no one takes notice.
  20. MarkAntony

saw this coming from a a mile away. spawn camping is because of base design not because of XP gain. this change is idiotic.