No warp gate connection = no more Sunderers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by centurionvi, Feb 16, 2013.

1. centurionvi

This would solve so many problems.
    • Up x 5
  2. Neopopulas

This would cause even more.
  3. Sinclare

I would have to agree, much the same way that MBT is handled. It would force factions to reorganize when cut off. Another benefit would be that instead of everyone following a single unstoppable zerg, forces would have to be split up to protect against being cut off. In other words, not just capping everything and then leaving empty bases behind.

Personally I would take it one step farther and say no deployment to cut off sectors; hot drops but not regular deployment. It's so annoying when you have a zerg taking over all the areas around your warp gate while 1/3 of your server pop is still defending some biolab (or crown) deep behind enemy lines for no reason while you need support on the front lines.

This would also keep a fluid battle going with constant front lines and attempts by platoons to encroach and cut off the enemy instead of the static defense fests we currently have (TI alloys/crown/etc.)
    • Up x 3
  4. Zer0range

What specific problems?
  5. Jagdwyre

Interesting proposal so long as you're still allowed to spawn sunderers from the spawn points that surround an enemy facility I don't see too many negatives with this suggestion.
  6. Jaggedmallard26

It would make it so people wouldn't just be defending somewhere like the crown when they've been cut off for the last 12 hours.
    It would add strategy to taking the larger bases as cutting off their vehicle supply would make it easier to push up.
    It would make an actual metagame maybe?
    • Up x 1
  7. DukeFlash

It makes sense and would make cutting off territories a bigger deal.
    I like this suggestion a lot.
    • Up x 1
  8. Zer0range

OP mentioned Sunderers, but if I'm not mistaken you're talking about vehicles altogether.

It would most certainly make the Warpgate connection a bigger issue than it is now.
  9. Jaggedmallard26

Someone above mentioned cutting off vehicles as well and for some reason I thought that was the OP's post.
    But it applies regardless as mobile spawns allow the defenders to push out as without them they have to trek from the spawn point reducing the area they can defend.
  10. Uzii

I like this idea, but there are a few others about. Personally, I would prefer slowly increasing the spawn timers on everything (Bases and Sunderers) in a cut off region. But whatever it is, something must be done about it, who here actually gives a damn if they are in a cut off region, or even notices? Maybe once when your Bio Lab was cut off because you ran out of Infantry resources, but that's it. It really just doesn't matter to anyone.
  11. Colt556

To be honest, every vehicle except maybe the flash and lightning, should abide by similar rulesets. No AMP station connected to your gate? No MBTs. No tech labs? No air units. etc

Help make vehicles a more strategic resource. I've always wanted it so the more advanced vehicles could only ever be spawned at either facilities or warpgates and nowhere else. The rarer and harder to get vehicles are, the more powerful they can be. 5 strong MBTs is way better than 10 weak ones. So yeah, this idea shouldn't be restricted to just sundies.
  12. TimeyWimey

better yet, how about you couldn't spawn in a facility (spawn room) unless it was connected to your warpgate?

e: would solve the "we must hold ze crown" -syndrome at least.
  13. Sinclare

Sundies would of course remain as mobile spawn points no matter where they were but if you just cut off the ability to spawn them (and spawn in general from bases except hot drops) in cut off areas it would drastically increase the flow of the game.
    • Up x 1
  14. McFly

I find you very immature and can't take the word "bs".

Or you can just actually be a bs, that's why you feel being offended. Ex. When people say, "Yo man! that thing is G*y",, actual ****-sexual people will be offended, because we are appearently "Not using the word correctly".
  15. Backf1re

Make is so this also stops back capping bases, where you need a warp gate link to flip capture points and not replying on an adjacent hex.
    • Up x 1
  16. BlueSkies

You don't need a Sundy to defend the crown... or most places for that matter.
  17. SmellyBoots

Then what is the point of the SCU, the no spawn if you are cut off is a bad idea, It also takes away the last stand at bio-labs which have held continents for fractions.

Perhaps they should give an SCU for almost all bases you can spawn at.
    • Up x 2
  18. TimeyWimey

yep, didn't think that much about my idea, just threw it out there. SCU for all bases / outposts I like..
    • Up x 1
  19. Sinclare

Yes! this really needs to be done first and would make a huge difference
  20. SmellyBoots

I have seen some interesting bio lab tactics before, and I really like the SCU idea they have in this game.

I wish they would put SCU at smaller bases , but near the spawn point. perhaps in a building right beside the spawn point with the shield generators on the bottom floor with the SCU above it.

I know it wont happen though as it would cost too much for them to do it