No suppressor for Underboss and Commissioner is a deal breaker for Infiltrators. :(

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hoki, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Hoki

I just, I don't.. in this very thread I've already shown that

1) the underboss is not a sniper pistol (top of this pate)
    2) suppressing a weapon renders it less suitable for sniping (top of this page)
    3) ^ #2 means that your fear and loathing of an inf with a silenced smg using a commissioner as a backup sniper-rifle is already possible right now, and those infs would not want to suppress their commissioners, as that would be counter-intuitive.
    4) If I have an LA in my face, I would want a TR Repeater. Or an SMG. Not a low ROF, low DPS, high recoil commissioner. You do realize the commissioner is the worst CQC pistol in the game?

What is so hard to understand?
  2. HazyW

Why would a sniper want a silenced pistol? Are you suppressing your sniper rifle? Why would you ever do that to a long range weapon that relies on bullet velocity? Are you trying to snipe with a pistol? Dear god, what terrible things are you trying to do with the infiltrator class? When I said this is a sniper's pistol, I'm saying that a sniper would want to carry it, not that a sniper would want to snipe with it - that makes zero sense.

If you are running a suppressed SMG, you want as suppressed pistol, ie not the NS ones. The revolvers are not for you.

Lastly, if only every empire had access to the TR repeater, alas. Thankfully, the underboss is a CQC pistol. So what are you attempting to say so poorly?
    • Up x 1
  3. Hoki

1) The revolvers are not superior CQC pistols, they're statistically inferior for CQC in every relevant way. The commissioner drastically so, the underboss less so. While these are just statistics it of course comes down to the shooter aiming better than the other shooter. But for the same reason why people say TR is dominant in CQC due to high ROF and high DPS, so too is every other pistol superior to the revolvers for CQC.
    2) Suppressing anything that you intend to use at a distance is counter-intuitive to it's intended purpose.
    3) Letting them be suppressed would not hurt game balance in any way whatsoever.
    4) I like the new pistols and want to incorporate them into my stealthy systems.
  4. Phyr

Considering I find infils by listening to the wet fart or the high pitch fart of TR, this isn't really an issue.
  5. RHINO_Mk.II

This thread makes about as much sense as people complaining about no silencer for pump action shotguns.

Seriously.

Get over it.
  6. TeknoBug

The Rebel for NC is a competent pistol that can use a silencer, but the Beamer, Manticore, Repeater, and Emperor aren't all that great compared to what we got now.

Today I was playing with the Commissioner on my TR as an infiltrator, shooting and cloaking and relocating didn't give me problems, I even 1 shotted a handful of infiltrators that I felt sorry for them, I wonder if it sitll 1 shots infils with nanoweave 5 (I wear that).
  7. Rudette

I think my favorite form of stealth can be summed up in the tactics used by Ork Kommando's in Warhammer 40k:

Put on your warpaint. Creep up on your opponent, ambush him, scream bloody murder while stabbing and shooting, maybe toss grenades. Terrifying.

So what, I show up on the minimap? That's why you keep moving. Pick and choose your fights, fight on your terms, but always keep moving ;p
  8. }{ellKnight

Hehehe... keep telling yourself that ;)
  9. Quadron

Please learn your facts before speaking.

Define distance? 60m? First of all, good luck shooting someone at that range with iron sights. If you manage to hit them, it will take 5 shots to kill them... not 3. 225 damage per bullet at 60 meters. If you add a silencer the increased bullet fall + slower bullet speed would make hitting them virtually impossible.

If you are talking at short-medium range between 10-30 meters, then yes, it will take between 3-4 main body shots to kill depending on distance and if they have nanweave. But once again, good luck hitting them consistently with iron sights. Any half decent player will start moving when they get shot once, which makes it even more difficult/impossible to land hits.

This pistols only strengths are catching people off guard who are standing still for 1) a quick 2 shot body shot kill at less than 10 feet away 2) one shot body shot + knife killing people.

I've used both of the new pistols for several hours now. I can tell you it's not OP and a silencer would not be OP either. Quite frankly, I think the both of the default NC pistols are significantly better in most situations. But because I dumped a 1000 certs in the NS-44 I'm going to use it for a while before I switch back to my Rebel.

-Q
  10. Yil

Um, you're a cool guy.
  11. Plastikfrosch

1. even in the reality (yes i used the bad word) its possible to silence revolvers with special ammo and silencors.

https://ps2model-axiom.rhcloud.com/#sttk/sh25-10-10/la/1/7389/12/7414/70013/70012

2. the repeater is the fastest killing sidearm followed by the underboss (both have the same damage model) but the repeater has access to a silencer and is easier to handle as the underboss because of lower recoil.

the spiker and the desperado try to fill that gap for NC and vanu but they are simply not that good and it would be very nice if you could have the option to supress the underboss (not the commissioner but the underboss so that the underboss would get some more love than it does now).
    This way all factions could have an equally strong silenced sidearm (especially nice for LAs and infiltrators - the flankers).
    Also it would be nice for people who put SC in this game so they would have to pay only once for the underboss and the special ammo /and or silencer to have it for all characters.
  12. Czarinov

For f @cks sake, why would you necro such an old thread?
    • Up x 5
  13. Plastikfrosch

lol, i pressed the "whats new button" and it was there. i saw the year after i posted it but i didnt care afterwards.
    • Up x 1