No one, or at least the mass majority likes the new death spot indicator...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ComradeHavoc, Mar 13, 2014.

1. ComradeHavoc

No one or the vast majority of players like the idea that players are rewarded for being killed. This damages stealth play, and it was downvoted so hard in the road map. So why are you guys shoving this down our throats? Think of the time and resources spent on this that could have went to bug fixing or features that EVERYONE wanted since beta, you know the ability to switch loadouts on vehicals that have spawned already. This makes me worried that the roadmap, things that everyone did not want and down voted to oblivion, wasn't scrapped but instead quietly forced in with slight changes. I don't understand what's the point of this "I die so you get punished" killmap. Is this to apeal to MLG? CoD BF3? This is PS2 damn it! Fix old features and use PS1 as your road map. Things like the ANT, or the Loadstar. Not this hold my hand and point to a stealthy player crap.
    • Up x 86
  2. LIKE A BOSS!

I hate this change with passion.
    • Up x 47
  3. DieHard2Live3

Well, I did propose an idea that the silencer will hide you from the killmap in 2 separate threads.

So far, people like it. I think it's what should've been thought of before this was launched.
    • Up x 10
  4. Winfield

As I stated in 2 other threads already, I ended my subscription because of this.

Kill"maps" or cams might work in smaller scale games like CoD or BF but here they cause more damage than do good.
    • Up x 39
  5. SinnerX

New player retention > vocal minority
    • Up x 12
  6. Robertooooo

It's a bad idea to force players to learn from their mistakes. It's probably better do dumb down the game :rolleyes:
    • Up x 11
  7. Kam8T88

"better do dumb down the game" lol ironic.
    • Up x 6
  8. Robertooooo

Haha lol :D
    • Up x 2
  9. MostlyClueless

I like it. Anyone else want to join me in not over-reacting massively to a fairly minor change?
    • Up x 22
  10. mclitch

Oh how this will make life a royal pain. Its already hard enough staying hidden as a sniper considering the amount of guys in a base typically spot you long before you kill em. Giving em this is just gonna make it easier to have focused fire. a pity the infiltrator class is more or less worthless now.
    • Up x 4
  11. libbmaster

Guys, If you were undetected before, it doesn't reveal you.

You only get the line if you were spotted before killing the person.

If you were not spotted, the dead player gets a vague indication of you direction... something they got before with damage indicators + tracers.

The only thing it does is package existing info to make it easier for new players to digest.
    • Up x 17
  12. mclitch

no one has said whether or not said spot thingy happens if an ally does the spotting and then you get the kill line helper. Example you're running your partner 10 ft behind spots the sniper, said sniper then picks you off 10 ft ahead of your buddy and the line is given to you.

That would be a bad design flaw.
    • Up x 1
  13. MostlyClueless

If only Infiltrators had a way to both un-spot themselves and hide from sight.

They should put that in the game.
    • Up x 9
  14. libbmaster

@mclitch

If the shooter is spotted by anyone before taking the shot, the kill line shows up in the death screen.
    • Up x 3
  15. Kam8T88

I just renewed my subscription to cancel you out.
    • Up x 9
  16. DieHard2Live3

Well, I've tried the new deathscreen, and here what I had to say.

If you were killed by an enemy that is not spotted, a red cone from your corpse will show you where the incoming fire was coming from.

If you were killed by an enemy that is spotted, a line between your corpse and your killer will show you where he is, and how he shot.

Also, the map screen stays for a second, and it changes to your performance during that life.
    • Up x 1
  17. TheBlindFreak

I've been thinking about taking a break from PS2 for a while now. I think this is a fantastic breaking point. I'll still keep eyes on the forums to see if SOE decides to remove this.
    • Up x 13
  18. PlatoonLeaderG

no....
    • Up x 13
  19. Angry Scientist

Sorry that you can't farm with impunity anymore. If only this was added when the UBGL was still godly. Would have saved a lot of grief.

Yeah, it's a simplification of a part of the game. But older players don't need it. You're really crying that the helpless noobies that were still trying to get their feet might...fight back? Oh no, no more easy perpetual kills. No more endless farming of the clueless! The game is doomed! Where will the easy certs come from now? WHERE?!
    • Up x 3
  20. DieHard2Live3

Also, I would not recommend going onto the server now.

It's still pretty buggy, connections seem unstable and you will get kicked out after a while.
    • Up x 3