[BUG] No more double ammopacks

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RF404, Feb 2, 2013.

1. RF404

It is no longer possible to have both the regular ammopack and the "turret ammopack" deployed at the same time.

I am 90% sure this is a direct side effect of two things:
    1: Before the patch there was a bug that made you unable to have two ammopacks deployed if they both had the same cert rank. The turret ammopack was always considered a rank 3 ammopack, so in other words; when your regular ammopack was levelled to rank 3 you couldn't have both of them deployed at the same time. When you leveled it up to rank 4 it would start working again.

2: In the new patch an adjustment were made so that the turret ammopack is supposed to have rank that is equivalent to whatever rank your regular ammopack is.

Appearently they didn't fix the issue that made you unable to have two ammopacks of the same rank deployed at the same time, so when they now changed turret ammopack to always have same rank as regular ammopack they basically worsened the situation. How? Well, previously it only affected players with rank 3 ammopacks. Now it is affecting everyone who has an ammopack equipped.

And before someone feels tempted to speculate whether the double ammopack was a bug that simply got fixed:
    If you're not meant to deploy both, why would you ever want to equip an ammopack if you're already able to deploy one from the turret?

All in all I think this patch looks great and I would like to thank all you devs for doing a great job.

I just hope you will be able to look into this issue quickly since I really am looking forward to being able to deploy two ammopacks again... especially now that I will (or should) be able to deploy two packs of rank 6 instead of just one rank 6 and one rank 3.
    • Up x 2
  2. Tvayumat

This really is one of the most confusing things about playing Engineer.

Since beta, I have not even seen SOE acknowledge that the ACE tool ammo pack existed. With this latest change they not only acknowledge it but tweak it, and still no answer on why we have TWO ammo packs?!

WTF, SOE?
  3. Prolefeed

I mainly play engineer. I ran around with no ammo pack for a least 1 month. Ammo? Pfft I choose mines. I always thought it was a ridiculous choice to have to make.
    Then I saw someone mention "hit B with the turret for ammo pack" on the forums.. Are you kidding me? Where is this top secret information hidden?

I still see Engineers run away from me as I call for ammo. I guess I know why.
    • Up x 3
  4. Punjab

Does anyone really still equip an ammo pack outside of the ace tool?? Seriously?? Why would you not get mines? Its not like you can't just redeploy the ammo pack after it disappears. V, 4 ingame is my goto as a max. I've seen engi's run like 200m to drop me an ammo pack. I wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't remove the utility ammo pack all together.
  5. dr_Fell

I equip.
  6. Lewbio

Having 2 packs is REALLY handy when you are in a defensive situation, you can drop 1 pack round a large group of defenders and then drop one as and when you need it on the fly or for a second group. Lots of XP >_>
    • Up x 2
  7. Bhudda V1

having 2 ammo packs was a god send when holding the bio lab's a **** load of guys shooting at each other and honestly a ton of good positions to put them in and i have at and ai mines i rarely find them more useful IMO as the ammo pack, the only time i find them more useful is in small scale defenses and at to hunt down enemy sundies that's all i find.
  8. Chiggerbite

I concur. Having 2 ammo packs for attacking large bases was a godsend. Using mines during large scale battles usually means you'll end up TKing someone because of close quarters fights or a grenade/rocket setting it off.

I'm not so sure this is a 'bug'... feels more like an undocumented nerf. Yes, they made our turret ammo packs work with certs... but at the cost of using the two packs independently. Personally, I'd prefer to have it the way it was before the patch, even if the turret ammo pack doesn't get the bonuses from certs. I guess I'll be forced to go with C4 in that slot like every other class during large scale fights now.
    • Up x 1
  9. Lewbio

Actually

You can lay [edit: up to] 6 ammo packs,

The 'B' function on the mana turret has 6 different ammo packs
  10. PresidentFreeman

Lolwut? Is this for real?
    • Up x 1
  11. Lewbio

The 1st ammo pack after the turret is the highest level, then the next ammo pack is the next one down, and so on and so forth

• Up x 2
  12. siiix

its stupid , i cant even switch back to turret ... it feels like its a bug
  13. KAHR-Alpha

At that point, it really got to be a bug, because if not I'm just going to drop them everywhere o_O
  14. Revanmug

Your memory is **** up then because they did acknowledge in Beta(higby? post about it) that it was how the ace tool was suppose to work. The thing is that they never finish the "making it more obvious" part of their intention.
  15. Tvayumat

It was probably tweeted. I don't tweet.
  16. Gumbo

I didnt even know i could drop 2 packs. I normally have AI or AT mines in the other slot.
  17. Zapon

yea, saw this today, they bugged it up :(
  18. JP_Russell

It speaks volumes about the mana turret that I would feel no loss if I found myself unable to switch to it.
    • Up x 3
  19. Lewbio

If you B enough times it will cycle back to the mana turret. All the times you hit B and just get another ammo pouch up, is just a different level of ammo pouch. If you were to go from turret press B and deploy ammo pouch, then wait for the cooldown on the mana turret slot and go to it, press B again and deploy the next ammo pack close by, repeat until you get back to turret and watch as the lower rank ammo packs slowly disappear.
  20. RF404

This seems too fishy to be true. If it really was this simple I would without a doubt have noticed it before, considering the endless amount of times I've been placing it already.

My bet is that this video was taken during the release week, when the servers had problems with despawning objects.