[BUG] ? No exp gain anymore after hacking several terminals?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Syntera, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Wobberjockey

if all you are doing is resupplying, then yes, you'll hit the cap, and i've done it before ( my squad was capping a biolab and the NC didn't bother defending. so we were shooting our guns off aimlessly)

however, if you do anything else, kill kill someone, or repair something, that cap timer is reset.

the same is the case for medics, but since they often heal and rez, they never get close to hitting that cap.

the only option available for an infiltrator is to kill someone, and i already explained how that could prove detrimental or difficult to do.
  2. Nikushimi

Its not a bug, its to prevent cert farming. Support actions cap, you can reset the cap gaining xp from different source/action or waiting a set amount of time.
  3. Agile

You are wrong on this one.
  4. Agile

And yet ESFs & Liberator gunners are allowed to cert farm with insane impunity at a rate that is unmatched by anything else in the game.

Ok... it's ok if you fly to farm crap tons of certs with impunity.... but infiltrators farming a a very slow rate is not ok.
    Make a single AA missile that can knock Air out of the sky and then you have a point, currently it is hypocritical to ban any kind of cert farming by anyone as the Air Gods will outmatch all of them and have more fun while they are doing it.
  5. Adamar09

RE: support XP.

I can repair every single turret in an amp station (takes about 20 minutes or so, not doing anything else) and never have XP stop.

Not sure why I can't hack them all and get XP for it. Nets much less overall, anyhow.
  6. Nikushimi

Support xp gains in general had been rushed in their implementation. The old PS1 system was far better at preventing xp farm and encouraging support actions. As you did not gain XP from hacking the terminal it self, If someone used the hack terminal. You would gain assist XP from their actions within a given time frame. My guess would be they did not do this for the same reason they did the "rendering", to reduce server overhead in order to improve profit.
  7. Texicon

Hence the Inf is locked out of XP faster.

Another suggestion would be for the Inf to get small amounts of XP for any kills in turrets he/she has hacked. We should also get small amounts of XP for resup's and vehicles spawn out of hacked terminals.

Lets be real...which is more important overall to the "war". Shooting some random idiot in a base OR giving your side a vehicle spawn point in the same base? Obviously that XP would have to stop if base flips.
    • Up x 1
  8. DeeX

I really like this idea. Atm its easier and more profitable to hack a terminal, get a tank out and kill all turrets/terminals on your own
  9. Texicon

Overall this game rewards destruction too much, defense and subterfuge....not enough.
    • Up x 1