Next Live Update news and status

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jun 20, 2014.

1. DevDevBooday

We have 3 continents atm, we arent overpopped.
    With continent locking we will have 4 continents with 1 locked, so 3 active,
    3 = 3
    Nothing will change.
    • Up x 1
  2. dezusa

Posting on PS2 official forums? This aint muh reddit page.
    Who are you and what have you done to the real Higby :eek:
  3. Teshrrar

Sounds good on paper. Hope everything runs fine to improve the gameplay.

Nice job, SOE.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ac3s

Less bases, bigger and more protected bases and more open space for vehicle combat.
    I cannot agree more with this idea and it worked perfect for planetside 1.
    Basically the more bases you plop on a continent the more it leans towards infantry fights and the more they will keep nerfing vehicles for this reason.
    • Up x 3
  5. JorgeSarcos

Continent Locking sounds good, new outfit funtionality is good, and the outfit base capture... i take my hat off, that is awesome!

BUT

How on earth did you rework Amerish so fast then? because the change made there was from night to day (for good though), completely different and has your new standards, so how was it done so fast?
  6. EliteEskimo

Higby, please try to design maps to allow for more open field battles and battles with major bases that vehicles can take part in without the battle coming down to vehicles shooting at the spawn room. We need more cool unique ares to fight like the areas between crossroads, Allatum bio lab, regent rock, and Vanu Archives. Places like Abandoned NS Offices or Snake Ravine, or the various other small outposts which only serve a mere bump in the road, should be taken away to create longer distances in between bases to have more vehicle epic vehicle battles.

After the Merger Smash the other day myself, 4 other BWC 2/2 Prowlers, a Ammo Sunderer, and a Skyguard had a back and forth battles with the NC armor pushes between the area of Indar Comm array, Quartz ridge, Indar Excavation, and Coramed Labs. It was due to the large empty spaces in these areas that allowed us to have an epic rolling armor convoy that destroyed numerous NC armor pushes, and have epic vehicle battles for around/over an hour. There are very few places like this in Planetside 2 , and it would be awesome if we could have more spaces between spaces and more major detailed bases and no small outposts.
    • Up x 7
  7. Edfishy

All the yeses!

+1 Add "Early Expedition" continents as more raw landscapes. Barrels + construction equipment + cookie cutter bases.
    +1 Make the "Early Expedition" continents more vehicle oriented.

Probably need to treat them like battle islands though so they're connected with a "Hi-Fi" continent for newbs.
    • Up x 2
  8. Stopper

Great news ! Thanks to the dev team !

I just hope that continent locking doesn't prevent us to try Hossin everyday now it is at last released : is it possible to have Hossin continuously unlocked the first weeks ?
  9. Shadoiex

While your at it, remove the chemicals out of Amerish's ocean water :)
    Ive thrown a few beach parties....
  10. CDN_Wolvie

Agreed, I would "ghost town" quite a few bases that exist today, if it was my call. For an example of a base that was ghosted, see the base that is in the desert of north-eastern Indar, just north of Howling Gate. https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/the-spawn-and-base-overhaul.189895/

And I am glad they are releasing Hossin unfinished, I don't even consider the most worked on (in terms of the number of times it has changed, did you know it used to be bigger, so big you could take a dip in the northern ocean, and there was a base called Spec Ops Training) continent Indar to be finished, these kinds of games should be ever evolving.

That said though, I haven't been playing PS2 for a while now. #1 reason why? Hitching. I have played since before this game launched, the last time I remember it being close to this bad was just after launch and they got that fixed within a few months right around the same time they reduced/removed throwing your opponent's aim off by shooting them IIRC. And hell, even then it was possible to fly!

I just checked the latest patch on Live, testing it out by reducing every graphical setting as low as it can go at a time I know my internet connection is as good as it can get (you know, the same one I used when the game worked just fine last year) with a reset modem and so on, the works. The hitching aka (slideshow) in fights is still making the game unplayable, let alone crashing vehicles and airships into all manner of instant deaths.

And from what I have read, I am not the only one experiencing this. As much as I hate to say it, even with the release of these wonderful features I have been anticipating for a few years now, I can't play this in an enjoyable fashion when it used to be smooth and is now like trying to play a screen shot gallery.
  11. ZeroErrorz

hey higby if your reading this just a question, when will valkyrie show up on the pts ?
  12. Sulsa

With updates from the developers on a pretty consistent basis on a game that's pretty much 2 years old that still has an active 'roadmap' on features that will still 'probably' appear...

...yeah I will be around until the last hamster on the last server dies.

Love it:D
  13. Tito

wee need more points for big bases and small to more points ABCDEF 5 Points place
  14. HolyMohli

seriously...

Hossin & Continent lock DOESNT make any sense atm...

if i have to fight every day against a 50% overpop. NC faction....
  15. Sandpants

That's big.

Go all the way and good luck.
  16. Foxirus

17. Sgt.Mile

What is going to be the case for Outfits that the founder of the outfit no longer plays the game and someone else is now in charge of the outfit but the founder is still in the outfit? Will I be able to set the Decal/anything else in game if I am not the Founder of the outfit but hold the same rank in game?
  18. MichaelS

Read: We need this features for PS4 release
  19. DeadliestMoon

Just because it worked in Planetside 1 doesn't mean it will work in Planetside 2.
  20. ScrapyardBob

In general, most of the continents need fewer bases. With at least 300-500m between them except maybe a random few buildings (like the buildings between Quartz Ridge and Indar Exca, or the buildings between Regent Rock and Scarred Mesa).
    • All of the mini-outposts around bio-labs should be reworked and moved inwards towards the bio-lab to act as ground-level content. They should be part of the main facility rather then separate bases.
    • Leave only 2 capture points up in the bio-lab, put the other 3 or 4 capture points on the ground in the new ground-level content.
    • Teleporters should be initially locked. There should be a ground-level generator that you disable/destroy before you can enter the room with the teleporter and use it to get up inside the bio-lab.
    That would eliminate around 9-10 bases per continent just from reworking the bio-labs. Something similar could be done with the Tech Plants that have satellite bases, which would eliminate another 9-10 bases. By designing sprawling bases that are 300-500m from end-to-end, with multiple capture points that are at least 80m apart, you spread the zerg out as well rather then having 100 people all stacked on a single control point.

Indar outposts that should be merged/destroyed:
    • Hvar West / Hvar Northgate / Hvar Southgate -> Hvar Tech
    • Mao Watchtower / Mao SW / Mao SE -> Mao Tech plant
    • Tawrich Depot / Tower / Recycling -> Tawrich Tech plant
    • Allatum Botany / Research / Broadcast -> Allatum Bio-Lab
    • Saurva Overflow / Data Storage / Saurva South -> Saurva Bio-Lab
    • Rashnu Cavern / Watchtower / S Pass -> Rashnu Bio-Lab
    • Up x 3