Next Live Update news and status

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Higby, Jun 20, 2014.

1. ScrapyardBob

That's a whole different level of developer-fail.

I'm fine with players being able to spawn into their squad sunderer/galaxy. Because *someone* had to move that spawn point into position. What fails is the ability to pull sunderers / galaxies from every frigging base on the map as well as the ability for everyone to spawn on every possible deployed sunderer. (Spawning at a sunderer more then 750m away should be limited to platoon use.)

The only vehicle that should be available everywhere is the flash. Lightnings / MBTs / Harassers / ESFs / Libs / Sunderers should only be spawnable at major facilities. You should need a connected AMP station to pull Libs, or a connected Tech Plant to pull MBTs.

Galaxies should only be spawnable from the warp-gate. Players should to back to spawning at the warp-gate when they login (it provides more immersion, more chance of meeting new people, and is worth it for the minor server load). More player interaction is a *GOOD* thing - it makes the servers feel less empty when your player can lay eyes on another player rather then just being spawned at the front lines.
    • Up x 1
  2. 3punkt14159

Hey guys,

First, sorry for my english, its really not perfect. But since this patch and the contintent lock i just have no fun.

The first problem is, some people called it the "indarside" problem. The most of the people like to play on indar. infact now 66 % of the day indar is locked. so now you can decide to play on a map where you dont want to play, or ,.. you logg off. and that means planetside looses again more players. Look on the server list, on the east coast you cant merge more servers,..and while the daytime the Euroservers are nearly empty,.. just think about that.

And then there is the population problem. On the miller server i was used to know that vanu moste of the time is the smalest empire. but we can handle it very good, fighting whit 28 % against 40 % Tr. But now we fighting whit 28 % and TR gets Tanks and Airplanes for the half price, its just stupid and unfair, the balance is completle destroyed.
    Because that vanu some times just had no chance by the alerts, so no Vanu is taking part of the alert when we only had less then 20 % of the map. So all Vanu move to hossin, where we have 70 %, because TR and NK are on the Alert Continent. So we ghostcapping there, ,. its just booring.

I mean, why are you looking Continents? Because there are not enough users to fill all the continents,. and a lot of people stack on indar, but you can bringt them easy to the other continents by changing the XP. Double the xp on Amerish or so and that continent will be full. And instad of bringing new content, just fix bugs and make the game stable,. thats the biggest reason why a lot of players i know leave the game.

So for my part its clear, i just take a break from planet side, maybe take a look in some month agian,..
  3. randomtree1

so i play on woodman server and as far as i am considered planetside is has died population is so low even at primetime we can't fill up one cont, and its all the same fights and same people doing the same things. Last night i went on emerald for a couple of hours, 3 conts unlocked almost all the time there while woodman only had 1 25-48 fight. needless to say it felt like PLANETSIDE again, awesome love it, So i am here to ask soe PLEASE MERGE THE EU SERVERS ITO 2 SERVERS it will bring the game back to where it should be and the game i love, untill then i am going to play on emerald (adding to woodmans problem) hopefully something will get done... please
  4. Sovietkoshka

Thats cool and all, but when do we get Basic control customization?