New sniper rifle stats (plus TX2 Emperor change)

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Xiphos, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Caspartine

Okay, can anyone cofirm/deny this once and for all (for the current, I mean "old" BA Rifles)? Cause there are 2 general opinions on this. As far as I know, for TR and NC there is no range-related dmg drop. I can shoot a guy in the head 500 away, and he will still die. Did someone actually thest the nanoweave health boost effect vs the 750 dmg the bolt actions do?
  2. Xiphos

I have a Nanoweave 5 character on TR Cobalt side. If anyone wants to test this (easy with the NC starting sniper rifle) I'm available.

BTW I do not believe that Vanu bolt-action rifles have any damage drop.
  3. Grizdale

Vanu bolt actions do have bullet drop our semi auto rifles do not.

all bolt actions have the same bullet dmg degradation nothing special about vanu here.
    Yes it is rare but all current bolt action rifles can sometimes leave an enemy with a small sliver of health. I don't think 50 extra damage will be enough at the furthest ranges to have 1 hit kill with the maximum nano-weave but I have yet to test it.

I don't know the actual distance but when an enemy is far enough away that I have to aim a full notch higher on my x12 scope V10 they will survive if they have nano-weave lvl 5, 4 and possibly level 3?
  4. Dead

Wish i could put a 2x red dot sight on the RAM .50, looks like i'm sticking with the TSAR.
  5. ISKNausicaa

What this guy said, max rank nanoweave would save infantry from a headshot and leave them with a slither of health, that extra 50 (100 on headshot?) will ensure that headshots will once again kill guys who have maxed nanoweave out.

What scares me is us getting into some sort of ****** arms race between armor and weapons (nanoweave rank 6+ and new sniper rifles to combat it)

Each weapon is supposed to be a side grade, as it is now each successive new sniper release has been a clear upgrade from the previous (for the vs spectre=x98<V10<new one, the same goes for the other factions)

Basically a sniper just starting out is at a significant disadvantage to guys who have been getting the new weapons.
  6. Hoki

750 * 2 = 1500 damage
    They'd need nanoweave 24 to survive a headshot.
  7. Mibeshu

I'm not usually one to complain about SOEs decisions in this game but I agree with people, this new gun is useless. I tried it last night and can't see any reason why I'd buy it now that I have the LA80. Given the choice between the two, I'd have the Longshot since the reduction in reload speed isn't a factor when sniping with a bolt action but since I already have the LA80, it's nothing but a good way to lose money.

This is simply giving the impression that the infiltrator is nothing but a sniper. We should have been given a tool, not a weapon. I have my long range, mid range and CQC weapons, I don't anything else in terms of weaponry.
  8. ISKNausicaa

You have to take damage degredation into account there.
  9. Atreyu1989

TL/DR new sniper rifles are the best on the market right?
  10. medbot544

Until next weapon additions which will up the bar with new and improved re-colored same model guns.

Guess I better go buy more SC cards in preperation, huh? Ugh.
  11. Atreyu1989

yes but we don't really need these toys. I've always played with the basic NC rifle...even tough the la80 is better since it's easier to snipe with. Just doing fine anyway.

I don't think they are gonna improve much more than this anyway. It will always be 2body and 1head. And speed travel on best snipers is already top notch...they could improve it only if the bullet would kill your target before you even pressed the fire button.

Anyway im gonna buy the new one. (with certs ofc, ain't spending 1 single Euro. Sorry SoE LOL)
  12. medbot544

Uh, when play on TR; I simply have to buy a 7 buck gun since the starter sniper rifle is total trash.

Was going to buy the SR but thankfully I held off and might...might purchase the new one. I pretty much have to if I want to snipe.

NC on other hand get a great bolt action stock...
  13. Garzin

so what is the point in buying any of the 1000 certs old sniper rifles?
  14. MadcowwithSwineFlu

I almost bought the SR7 last night. I am glad I did not.
  15. Atreyu1989

is the new sniper for NC called HITMAN?

I cannot see this Longshot o_O