New Set of Lmgs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Neo3602, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Neo3602

I was wondering anyone has heard anything about a new set of Lmgs being worked on?
  2. _itg

3. Skiptrace

I'd like an entire new set of each weapon, one for each faction. for LMG's TR need a better "long" range option, the VS have only 1 CQC LMG, and the NC don't have a great mid range option (The GD-22S Is not a great mid range option, and the SAW does not have the RPM)

Though, a priority should be re-factoring all of the current guns to all look different from eachother. the SAW S, EM6, and SAW all look identical...
  4. Littleman

• TR and NC could really use a .75x ADS LMG.
    • NC could use an LMG with above 1666 dps. MSW-R and Orion sport 1787 for reference.
    • The VX29, T32Bull, and EM1 all suffer from an identiy crisis.
    • T32Bull. Runt to the T16 Rhino. Save for the reload speed and attachments, is nothing special and is pretty much matched if not outmatched by the NS-15m. Change the T32 to operate similar to the Torq-9 and Lynx. 125@10m to 112@55m, ~850rpm. There will be many happy TR, I'm, sure.
    • I'll let DGC decide what to do with the EM1 and the VX29. Obviously CQC intended weapons that are absolutely terrible at CQC.
    • Working in .75x ADS on the EM1 and T32 Bull would further alleviate perceived imbalances with the VS' choices to a degree.
    • VS need a ton of remodels. Except for the Ursa, every LMG looks the same.
    • Up x 3
  5. RedArmy

i agree with everything Littleman said - make it so
  6. Scr1nRusher

No LMG should have 0.75 ADS.....
    • Up x 4
  7. Littleman

I'm humoring the idea that that isn't an option...

I agree though.
  8. Plastikfrosch

I would not create new guns for that.
    TR: MSWR and Bull
    NC: Anchor and GD 22
    --> those are the weapons that should get the the 0.75ADS (they have small mags and "look" not as heavy as the rest of the ES LMGs) but in my opinion Orion and SVA should get rid of 0,75ADS (and i am main vanu) because LMGs are by nature a very heavy weapon class and it makes no sense that there are 0.75ADS lmgs in the game.

Dont touch the Bull.

The VX29 is ok as a Vanu weapon but the EM1 (a good weapon) is just a clone of the Polaris and does not feel like a NC weapon. It should be more of a 200dps weapon with less muzzle velocity, smaller magsize as the gauss but therefore higher acuracy and faster reload.
  9. Littleman

Please DGC, touch the Bull. Touch it in a loving way, as I outlined above. It's NICE having a series of weapons across classes that function similarly.

1. T1 Cycler, Trac 5, CARV 9/MSW-R.
    2. SABR-13, HC1-Couger, TMG-50.
    3. Torq-9, LC2 Lynx, ...?
    4. Pulsar VS1, Soltice VE3, SVA-88/Pulsar LSW.
    5. Corvus, Pulsar C, Ursa/Flare.
    6. Terminus, Zenith, Orion.
    7. Gauss Rifle, AF-19 Mercenary, EM6.
    8. Reaper DMR, AC-X11, Gauss SAW/Anchor.
    9. NS-11a, NS-11c, NS-15m.
    Themed rather vaguely, I'll admit, but still themed. A lot of weapon "series" are missing their third of course. The Torq-9/LC2 Lynx just screams Terran Republic to me, and are uniques among the empires. I just want an LMG for the TR to match.
    And I... don't know about giving the MSW-R .75x ADS. It would just plain be better than the Orion then.
  10. TheMatulaakLives

Well, there are 7 assault rifles and 7 carbines for each faction (not including directive weapons) but only 6 LMGs. There is room for a new LMG for each faction.
  11. Skiptrace

Yep. The VS really need a second LMG for CQC, their ONLY CQC LMG is the Orion (750 RPM and 143 Damage Profile) Some could argue the Pulsar LSW and the SVA-88 are also CQC, but they need another high RPM CQC LMG, (700+ RPM and either 167 or 143 damage profile) The NC could use a 700 RPM, 167 damage profile CQC LMG also, my upper limit for an NC LMG would be 700 RPM as we are not truly meant to have anything really above that RPM. TR, I don't really play TR, so I don't truly know what they need, but from looking at the wiki, They could use an 800 RPM 143 Damage profile bullet hose in the LMG division. Yes, they have the MCG, but that does not count for LMG Directives, so something that acts similar to the MCG but is an LMG that counts for LMG directives, is needed.

OR they could just change all of the Heavy Guns into LMG's (with the Jackhammer being redesigned into a LMG that fires Shotgun Slugs and it has 20 rounds per mag with extend mag extending it to 25 rounds. [Slugs deal around 500 damage out to 8m and drop to 334 at 40m could tune it to say 350 to 8m and drop to 200 at 35m for balance])
  12. KnightCole

We dont need a new set of LMGs, the existing ones need new models, and tweaks to better fit certain roles.

For the NC
    Gauss SAW, M240B looking model: Long range, slow RoF, high recoil, hard hitting. Low bloom stationary, high moving. Good defensive or long range weapon. High velocity, like 650ms. 200@15m-167@85m, 500RpM

Gauss SAW-S: M240 model, more general purpose mid range LMG. Better On the move accuracy and bloom as compared to the NC6. lower velocity, 590-615ms. 167@10m-143@75m, 585Rpm. Remove Exmags

EM1: Can keep its current model, it looks sleek and fast firing: Change it to a 167@10m-125@65m@625RPM. Good close-mid range DPSer. GOod handling and CoF at mid range, but high drop off for damage and high bloom fired out at distance. Lowish Velocity to better reinforce this, 570ms like EM6 has. Weapon gets Exmags and Adv Laser, no grip options at all. Fairly jittery Left and right recoil, low upward recoil.

EM6: General purpose MG; M60E4 model: Keep its stands now. Buff on the move accuracy and COF bloom a bit. Give it 167@10m-143@75m. Remove Exmags from it. Fairly steady, a bit worse then the Gauss SAW-S. Only gets basic attachment options

GD22S: Assault Rifle LMG. Good handling for mid range, accuracy, bloom and OTM acc best of any LMG. Handles like a nerfed Gauss Rifle now. Bit more bloom bit more jitter and stuff, buffed velocity to like 615ms. 167@10m-143@65m 585rpm

Anchor: High mag cap, closer range oriented GD22S. Gets 65 vs GD 50rounds. Gets adv laser sights and other CQC oriented attachments. Good ROF and dmg for close in worse at range. 167@10m-125@50m, 620RpM.
  13. Kulso

New LMGs would be nice.
  14. Iridar51

That's funny to hear, considering the entire NC LMG lineup consists of "mid range options". EM6 at the very least.
    • Up x 1
  15. Psykmoe

While I agree, you're quoting a guy that also suggests a 700rpm/167dmg LMG which would be flat out insanity! That was so baffling I forgot the 'no midrange LMG' line in the first post he made.

I feel like it was probably design intent that HAs don't get automatic weapons as damaging as say, the TRV or GD-7F. First-gen SMGs are roughly on par with the Carv/Orion (roughly). Sure, shotguns do tons of damage but at much lower ranges. Battle rifles are clunky.

Take the Cyclone. It has 652 rpm at 167dmg. Fastest firing 167dmg gun in the game. That's slightly better burst damage than the Carv/Orion but at the cost of range and mag size. The Armistice does more damage than that (not by a huge margin) but has even more of a mag size problem.

Putting in a 700rpm/167dmg LMG would be madness! That's more damaging than a fully spun up Mini-Chaingun. And the MCG is significantly less accurate over range than actual LMGs due to bad starting cone of fire. On other classes, those bullet hoses are limited by small mags and often, increased damage loss. Carnage/Jaguar don't suffer the extra tier of damage loss but don't exceed the 750/143 limit. Same is true for first gen SMGs. Putting in such high damage LMGs (there is also a suggestion for an 800rpm/143dmg LMG in the post - still less damaging than 700/167) would completely change the nature of the HA's loadout.

I would be extremely surprised if they added any LMG more damaging than the MSW-R with SPA. And frankly, I suspect the NC doesn't get LMGs as damaging as the Carv/Orion because the Jackhammer exists, which is fair enough in my opinion. Certainly it would be ludicrous to invent the game's most damaging LMG and give it to the faction with the best shotgun ;)
    • Up x 2
  16. Psykmoe

Apologies for the double post but I hadn't actually really addressed the original thread starter.

I don't think we should expect new LMGs soon. I think there's less design space here.

First, credit where it's due - the last round of ARs/Carbines were mostly pretty distinct, most of them have damage models uniquely their own. A-Tross is the only 200dmg gun slower than 500rpm. Bandit is one of two 167dmg guns faster than 600rpm, between the Mercenary and Cyclone. Torq-9 is the only 125dmg assault rifle. Terminus and Zenith both use rpm numbers we haven't seen before in conjunction with the 143dmg bullet. Sorry Cougar, you're just a Razor that gives up velocity for mag size.

So it's conceivable that they'll do something similar with LMGs, to fill some holes. Maybe a 698/143 gun for NC, or a 600/167dmg gun for TR/VS or something. An Ursa copy for someone, it's the only 550/167 LMG. But they wouldn't really add anything really new, and it might blur flavor lines to an extend.

Now this is all just my opinion but here are what I think may be limits to their LMG designs.

-I don't think NC will get a 750/143 gun because it has the Jackhammer, which dominates close range.

-I doubt anyone else will get a 600/167 gun, or 200dmg guns because those have been models unique to the NC so far.

-I don't think there will be any LMGs that do more damage than 750/143, give or take a few. Especially not for the NC.

Why do I not think there will be real high rpm bullet hoses? Well, let's look at ways that 800/143 (or more damaging) carbines/ARs are balanced.

-They lose an extra tier of damage. GR-22/TAR lose 2 tiers, GD-7F/Serpent lose 3.

-They have bad reload speed for their magazine size. This is already in effect with current LMGs. The Carv reloads slower than the Carv-S, which reloads slower than the T16/Polaris/EM1. All same mag size, slower guns reload faster. The Orion takes a full second longer to reload than the GD-22S/NS-15M at similar damage per mag but much greater burst damage. Pulsar reloads faster than HV-45, etc.

So let's look at the Orion, MSW-R and Anchor. They've all got 50 shots. They've got the best short range damage output for their faction, either by being the fastest one (Orion) or having SPA while others don't (MSW-R, Anchor). The Anchor does the least damage and reloads the slowest of these but has a damage per mag advantage.

So if you wanted to make a faster firing LMG, you'd either have to cut down the ammo count even more or make the reload take even longer, if we assume the same balancing methods are used. The GR-22, after all, has the worst mag size AND the longest reload of any NC AR.

You'd probably also add another tier of damage loss. Every high damage bullet hose has a poor damage curve if it does 800/143 or more damage.

So you'd have a gun that shoots fast, but has pretty bad uptime due to mag size/reload speed, and it's bad reload efficiency gets worse as the range opens due to increased damage bleed. I guess you could invent a gun like that but then you basically end up with the TAR (loses more damage and reloads slower than Cycler for extra 50 rpm), except with the LMG's garbage base hipfire. That'd barely count as LMG.

I mean to say that in my opinion, the methods historically used to balance high rpm bullet hoses are qualities that aren't in the spirit of an LMG.

Now, here's what I could see happening: They *might* introduce a 125dmg LMG for the TR. It wouldn't exceed the Carv's damage but they clearly want 125 dmg bullets to be part of TR's gimmick. But they'd struggle to develop sufficiently distinct LMGs for the other factions. Conceivably something for VS with the damage model of the Terminus or Zenith. But NC probably won't see an LMG with the Bandit's rpm. Maybe one like the A-Tross. But the the NC already has one of everything that's not 750/143 and they won't get that. I totally would buy an A-Tross with an LMG mag tho, it has barely any recoil compared to other 200dmg guns.

TL;DR: I doubt there will be LMGs doing more damage than 750/143. I don't see any real openings for unique new LMGs except a 125dmg one for TR. New VS/NC LMGs would probably just be copies of things that already exist. 698/143 for NC maybe and 600/167 for VS. But I doubt it.
  17. Neo3602

I didn't expect this thread to get so much traffic.

IMO if they did make a new set of LMG's I think that the TR should get a 125 damage LMG but with similar handling to the TORQ to give it a more general purpose feel. There was an interesting idea that I saw a while ago about a LMG for the NC that was meant for CQC but did 200 damage a shot so that could be interesting. For the VS I don't really know perhaps a LMG with .75 ADS movement speed and the RPM fo the Zenith carbine that acts as the middle ground between the SVA-88 and the Orion.
    • Up x 1
  18. Kirppu1

Or a minigun with 95 damage but with rpm of 1200 with tracers and it would be more destructive towards vehicles. Downside? Heats up pretty fast= half way the mag(one mag 300 bullets)
  19. TheMatulaakLives

sadly because of the way the game engine works weapons are capped at 1000 rpm
  20. Arkandae2

A 125 lmg would be funny but a bit op against non-HA (and we don't need that) :
    because it's a LMG, it would have a bigger mag and higher range than a SMG
    to compete with other lmg dps, the rof have to be > 750, and the only option is 800 because :
    750/143 weapons headshot ttk is 0.32, body ttk is 0.56
    800/125 weapons headshot ttk is 0.3, body ttk is 0.6 => reward headshot, punish for bodyshot
    845+ rof would mean equal/higher ttk than a 750/143 so a better weapon than the cyclone when ADSing (about the same ttk + bigger mag + higher range at the cost of 0.75ADS).