[Suggestion] New NC Max Guns

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PYROxSYCO, May 19, 2017.

1. PYROxSYCO

I was in my boredom thinking up ways to make the MAX class a little better for the NC because unlike the factions counterparts they have automatic weapons.

I present the ORGAN GRINDER!!!
    [IMG]

A slow firing tri-bursting gun that has short to medium range capability, this gun covers the area that a shotgun cannot no matter how much those damned guns are improved. This to me is what will make the NC Max come out of the ******* house and play with the other maxes. I have played as the other factions classes and thought "WOW, these maxes are kickass I can shoot a gun and while it is reloading, I can shoot the other one and return fire without having a moment of vulnerability between each." The better part about this is that you have a constant firing weapon, there is no need for timing the perfect shot. It allows the operator to hold the trigger down and lay down a nice spray of lead.

I’m not much of a stats man but if you can bear with me. I think the gun should be slow firing gun to that of the Basilisk on the Sunderer. Have an ammo count that is close to the multiple of 3 like 66 - 72 because it is going to be shooting three bullets at a time. A reload time maybe of the 3.5-4 second mark.

The drawing is my “handy work”, don’t expect me to care too much on how great my lines are. It’s a rough idea. If I cared enough about the other factions you may see weapons about them too.
    • Up x 2
  2. LordKrelas

So a tri-barreled auto-cannon?
    Steady suppression fire sounds like.
    Not bad ammunition either, I think? Been around NC max mag sizes too long.

Ain't a shotgun?
    Hell yeah!
  3. Liewec123

i love how you watermarked it so noone can steal your amaaaazing artwork and sell it on the black market! :D

also any faction specific weapon suggestion gets a thumb up from me!

we need more faction specific stuff, NS is the bane of planetside, cross faction cashgrabs! :mad:
    like now, Tengu a shotgun-like SMG exclusive to the NC EVERYONE :(
    i've long said that the commi should have been ours, its square and blocky,
    its slow firing, hard hitting and just has that "murica f%%k yeah!" feel,
    commi should have been an NC sidearm.
    /offtopic_anti_NS_rantmode_disengaged
    • Up x 6
  4. BadCoding

Rotary slingshot for TR and handheld microwave for VS then to compensate !
    • Up x 1
  5. TheSunlikeOne

I've played with it during playtest (from my friend's acc, so that he could get analyst helmet, but that's not the point) and I had one thought in my head while using it:
    "THIS is what Mag-Scatter should have been in the first place - buckshot machine pistol".
  6. Rydenan

Agreed.
    Commissioner should have been NC-specific
    Swarm should have been TR-specific
    Emissary should have been TR-specific (although it sucks so hard that I doubt anyone cares)
    Shotgun-SMG should have been NC-specific

The only faction that seems to be magically able to avoid having its stuff given away to the others via NS is the VS. Where's our NS Lasher? Or our NS no-drop laser weapon?
    • Up x 1
  7. PYROxSYCO

I watermark because I am paranoid. (It's just a "me" thing) And i want to prove I thought of it before these asshats use MY idea to make a "Brand new" NS weapon.
  8. Rydenan

Watermarking a drawing doesn't stop the devs from implementing those ideas. Even if it did, why would you want that?
  9. PYROxSYCO

I just want that small amount of recognition that would come with something like a new weapon. Just acknowledgement really. And i watermark just because i can.
  10. Zagareth

How about a water cannon? :D
    Finally, you could make your enemies wet in their pants...
  11. PYROxSYCO

No, I'm not going to make the VS already more sexy. I'm not going to give them a wet T-shirt contest.
  12. PYROxSYCO

MORE DETAILS! LESS WATERMARKS!

[IMG]
    [IMG]

I think my design changes overtime of what I can do, and what I want to do.
  13. Problem Officer

[IMG]
  14. Nintyuk

This reminds me of some weapon concepts for max gun's I made yonks back:
    Thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps2/index.php?threads/prototype-max-ai-weapons.204555/

15. Eternaloptimist

Nah, TR have the T4 AMP autopistol which seriously outclasses the Emissary - give the Emi to VS!

Frankly, I've only seen/got one NS weapon I use in favour of an ES version and that is the Blackhand sidearm, to give my guys with the short-medium range primaries a pocket BR (my stalkers all run burst pistols or the T4).
  16. PYROxSYCO

Interesting, though I don't really care about the lore. I more or less care about the look and functions. There are reasons for that, but i do enjoy the lore background. (Always thought the NC was a miner/builder types.) You seem to use alot of burst functionality? Reasoning? I always wanted to add different features like heat, ROF-/+, bullet types and other functions that break away from the point, click, bang, reload.
  17. Nintyuk

Bear in mind these are old now, before guns had fancy affects.
    And I wanted to make not-shotgun close range weapons for the TR and Vanu so it would be fair to add a medium to long range weapon to NC