New lib guns are worthless

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by whitescar911, Mar 13, 2014.

1. whitescar911

How did these weapons get cleared to be put in the game? Why would anyone take these over pre-existing weapons? The new belly gun's spread makes it garbage and the new tail gun lock-on range simply isn't good enough. The only decent things to come from these changes are XP for all gunners and improved tail gun angles.

I simply do not understand why people complain about libs being OP when they are by far the worst air unit in the game. There damage has been nerfed over and over again while SOE hands out lock-on's nearly every major patch that can track and hit lib from massive ranges while still keeping flares reload speed to 25seconds while tanks get 15seconds for smoke? WTF. You make it so the spread on AA guns is loose enough so ESF's can avoid it but not libs, AND you buff skyguards WHY? Hell why are AA max even still in the game?

How long are dedicated lib pilots who have been at this since day 1 gonna have to put up with this BS? Some of us actually work extremely hard to get into good positiond and get our gunners kills. Sort it out SOE and stop listening to no clue idiots and part timers on these forums.
    • Up x 1
  2. Shockwave44

Oh look, no videos to back anything up...
  3. SafetyDance

Don't worry about the new guns, the lib is now worthless and only useful to unskilled scrubs who want to farm infantry but have no interest in participating in the air game anyway.
  4. whitescar911

every gunner I have had says they would rather have the zepher or dalton over the new gun
    • Up x 2
  5. Pikachu

Has anyone seen a duster 3 hours after servers came alive? People trialed it and left it.
  6. Boof

Never thought I'd see someone complain about the liberator. One liberator is ridiculously hard to take down unless more than 5 people on the ground make a coordinated effort to hit it all at the same time with flak or lock-ons. It has the best air-to-ground as well as air-to-air capabilities in the game and only costs 350 aerospace.

Oh, and it also just got an insanely gigantic buff.

Seriously, take a step back from piloting the liberator and try out other vehicles. You are really lacking perspective on this topic.
    • Up x 9
  7. Pikachu

And the liberator has just as hard time dealing any meaningful damage to the enemy.
    • Up x 1
  8. IamnotAmazing

yeah the new belly gun is trash, the nosegun is interesting, maybe not as effective as a tb cause you're trying to use it as a tb, but hyena's are op as all hell. I'm freaking tired of a lockon weapon two or three salvo'ing an esf, when it requires very little aiming.

The new composite armor buffs are good for both tank hunting and countering dalton libs, personally I think the shredder needs to turn down it's damage to armor. The new angles for the tailguns are insanley powerful, it's like having two shredders if you put a walker, or even more awesome with a bulldog.

Funny how people always complain with what they have...
    • Up x 3
  9. Cirevam

Yes: once. It couldn't hit me at all. I stood still for five seconds while it was looking right at me. Every explosion went around me Michael Bay-style. It's like the automatic fire of a Saron but with several times the COF bloom.
    • Up x 1
  10. ShumaKun

I certed new nose gun and tailgun. The new tailgun, hyena, is decent, but only up close and thermal optic seems bugged, because it have range of ground weapons. The new nose gun is fun to use, it is quite good if for fighting ESFs, but tank buster is still better for other libs and ground targets and thats fine. Duster is trash imo I dont see any reson to use it over the zepher. By far the most fun thing in this update is buff to speed frame and afterburners, I was running this setup all day. You can move up to 300 in Lib!!!
    • Up x 1
  11. Schwak

You are a joke in game and your opinions are even more of a joke on the forums. Just because you lack the minimal skill necessary to kill a lib doesn't make it OP. L2P. And major buff? Hardly. If anything just a reason to jump in the tail gun.
    • Up x 3
  12. dstock

I'm finding the missles are best used like a mini Rocket Pod on your tail. Thermal scope, spam infantry, collect points. The lock-on range seems very short, the round only flies at 150m/s, and the damage is relatively low. I find it frustrating there is no indicator, so you can't tell if you're in range (aim straight on), or you need to dumbfire (requires serious lead).

I can't afford Thermals on my Duster yet, but it seems mediocre. It is definitely AI only, maybe AV.

I haven't personally used the Spur yet.
  13. Emotitron

The new guns are obviously for newer players as they are lower skill weapons. Of course they are going to be lower damage. If they gave high skill weapons a run for their money then we would be right back to the same issues of easy mode weapons being OP.
  14. Pikachu

The funny thing about adding new low skill weapons for new players is that they always have the highest price. I think new players are among the last to spend money on the game. Especially the 700sc items. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 9
  15. Emotitron

New players also haven't opened their wallets yet... so maybe this is the push?
  16. BrokenMirror

Coming from a Liberator Pilot.

Look at his character... https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428010618020012305/vehicles

Most used: Lib Highest Score: Lib Most Vehicle Kills: Lib Shots Fired: Lib

If they are the worst Air unit in game why do you use them?
    Why do you still use them?
    Why on your killboard at the time of posting is 9 TB Kills?
    If they are so weak, why is the thing that killed your lib suicide?

Now: The new Bellygun is Flat out useless, the spread is too great for it to do ANYTHING effectively.
    The new Taingun is good AA, better then the walker and bulldog for medium to close range.
    The new front gun is Cheesy, good enhanced aim, however, useless compared to the sheer brute force of the Tankbuster.

You know for a fact, The dalon is the best brute force Jack of all trades gun in the game, Scary effective at Killing Tanks and infantry and decent at killing Air if you have an excellent gunner.

You know for a fact, The tankbuster makes Everything run from you, making you the most deadly closerange flying thing, PERIOD.

Now if they are the worst Air unit in game, Stop using them, Why not pull a galaxy so a lib can drop you in the blink of an Eye?

He isn't talking about the Taingun, hes talking about how it now takes 4 Vanguard AP shells to drop a Lib with composite armor. Making it the tankyest thing in the sky.
    • Up x 1
  17. Rak

I called it...I said that as soon as these go live, people will start calling for Shredder nerfs lol.
    • Up x 8
  18. IamnotAmazing

I always thought it was the best lib gun, I had the araxium with it way before this update had been announced, now that the dalton is less dominant in the skies as people just want to infantry farm. The shredder does quite well against tanks when it really is just an aa/ai weapon, or a meh all around weapon, which it currently isn't.
  19. Pikachu

Oh get real. Nerf my shredder? :mad: That thing has crap damage for any practical range. It loses 40% after 175m! After that range an uncerted dalton has shorter time to kill than a certed shredder. Shredder should havw its damage falloff removed. I always have better results when using dalton than shredder. You cant say walker is useful for ground targets with a straight face...

There is nothing saying ahredder is an AA weapon. Not the description and it has smaller firing angle than the other belly guns.
    • Up x 3
  20. RIctavius

So wait .... the Liberator is an A2A weapon.......????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????