New Higby Sucks - Bring Back Old Higby

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FnkyTwn, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Duff_Chimp

I felt the exact same way about Superman, but Christopher Reeve is dead, dead goddammit!
  2. Nikushimi

Old higby?
    heh the guy has always pulled this kinda crap, long before PS2(or even PS NEXT) gone into concept. You only need to look at the patterns in his game development resume. For the people who played SWG, higby was one of the people responsible for "CU" and "NGE". He is also responsible for that steaming pile known as EQ2.
  3. Autarkis

Wait, seriously?
  4. Nikushimi

Yes, seriously
  5. RasFW

To be fair, on any server he's only really insulting 23% of the playerbase. ON a good day as much as 30% :p
  6. Imperium Assault

You say that like it means something. Seems like typical vs handwaving, excuse making, and aspy storytelling

Number of vehicles pulled only proves Magrider OP. You guys are not thinking far ahead enough on this, or are simply in bad faith

And whatever the values of those other variables, these are in sum the actual combat situations of the game, and therefore the tanks must be balanced over these areas
  7. Xae

So you're saying that 5 HE/Nothing prowlers should have a 1:1 KDR against 10 HEAT/Saron Magriders?
  8. Imperium Assault

Only the magriders that got a killshot would get a kill
  9. Xae

5 HE/Nothing tanks run into 10 Heat/AP tanks.

How many tanks from each side die (Roughly)?
  10. Imperium Assault

Yeah, I know what you mean.

But there was a magrider driver claim on another thread that he was always outnumbered by prowlers, which was frankly ridiculous if true, and if not true

We have our reasons to believe why there are no prowlers, and I would be reluctant to say the magrider itself has nothing to do with it. It is telling that VS more than once have complained about TR air zerg. Should we just believe that no one on TR liked to pull tanks, until now, conveniently after the patch? Even if the magrider had only a slight advantage, the effect would snowball as tanks were destroyed

Magrider proponents themselves admit their advantages in key situations. Regardless of these claimed special circumstances, e.g. Crown fights, if they are all that are being played, then they are what must be balanced.
  11. Xae

Right, which means that adjusting for things is important.

The whole "No one uses Prowlers!" thing is funny, because it depends on the server. Connery has never had a shortage of Prowlers, while Mattherson almost never has Prowlers. On Connery few people complained about magspam, on Mattherson the ******** was nonstop.
  12. iller

Well I guess no Shoops are better than Bad Shoops.

... And really... for this one.... Nothing else will do, this one calls for the dancing Higby.