New dynamic xp

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cowboyhomer, Jan 9, 2013.

1. Cowboyhomer

If players with long kill streaks are worth more when the patch comes out....who thinks this just put a giant target on their aircraft? Who will have longer kill streaks than those guys?

Is there a cap on how much xp one kill can be worth?
  2. Littleman

Yes, surviving and successful aircraft will be worth more now. Yes, this means people might just suit up into power armor. Yes, this means on top of damage exp, they'll probably get ludicrous kill/assist exp.

Problem?
  3. ReNiki

Ah yes we finally get rid of those flyboys!
  4. Bejita231

Im going to be shooting the **** out of liberators all day long, hell I did it before this patch when i got 0 xp for shooting liberators for 10 minutes because they would just leave at 50% health, and on top of assist exp, people might actually start playing flak again and the air problem might go away, but libs still need to be nerfed their guns just make the game boring for everyone else
  5. Cowboyhomer

No sir...Im happy with it...I have been saying that I dont want a nerf to air...just more incentive to fight them.
    • Up x 1
  6. forkyar

nothing was wrong in first place.
  7. ABATTLEDONKEY

why is that the desire? every other FPS game out there has already gotten rid of their fly boys. why is it that vehicle lovers cant have one game. why is it that you inf )or ground thumpers) lovers cant just let one game be? why does everything have to fit your mold when you mold is available to you in so many other boxes?
  8. Littleman

This is the only box with 2000 people in it, and it's billed as an FPS, not a flight combat sim. There ARE games for the latter though. NO they're not MMO, but since a majority of air just pounds the ground and few actually engage in dogfighting, I don't think one will notice much difference.

But ah, I'm seeing a paradigm shift in game on Mattherson. More and more people are readily grabbing their AA methods to "deter" aircraft to maintain a good battle, and after the 30th, they'll be rewarded for doing so finally.

Also, Cowboyhomer, my apologies for misunderstanding.
    • Up x 1
  9. ABATTLEDONKEY

no they dont. libs dont need a nerf. they just need more defined roles, like any other vehicle in the game. the problem is that every gun kills every target, kind of like the HE round for the tank. if the zepher only killed soft targets, like flash inf and maxes, and the dalton had a lighting projectile that ripped apart heavy armor, like MBTs, lightings, and sundies, then libs wouldn't really be an issue. the problem is that for every lib you see in the sky, you are a potential target.

Like most of the problems in this game, people think straight DPS nerf/buff's are the answer, when in truth the game could be fixed with simple tweaks that add depth and complexity to this game. next time there is a problem that you see, think of alternative means for fixing it rather than the simplistic, and damaging nerf/buff. Much like this thread, AA is going to be fixed with usage incentives instead of nerfs/buffs.
  10. ABATTLEDONKEY

this is not a flight sim either. at any given time, ground units outnumber air units 5 to 1 at the least, and many times there is only a few aircraft in the seeable sky. ( I play on genudine, so I dont know how it is in other servers). Air is incredibly simple to deter, and ANY number of AA units can easily deter a larger number of air units. there is NO reason to get rid of the fly boys. such a mentality is immature and COMPLETELY inconsiderate. why not strive to balance and find a means of having every arm, in a combined arms game, interact with one another.

All im saying is that those who want to get rid of air are being completely selfish. you guys have a ton of options to choose from. we have 2 that i know of: BF3 which is a joke, and PS2 whos size (the very thing you want) is COMPLETELY built for vehicle combat. I would like to see this game with no vehicles. the servers would empty out and noone would play. its to big. Look for balance instead of driving for your selfish desires above others wants. THINK alittle bit about others in life. Its a really good characteristic to have.
  11. FigM

Aircraft are already giant targets. Do you think now people see a Liberator and think "I shouldn't shoot that guy, he doesn't give much XP"? No
  12. D0n

I think it will be entertaining for once, I want a bounty icon on top of my head as well.
  13. Littleman

I want AA that kills ESF reasonably well, and doesn't take a dedicated squad to repel a single liberator before it can drop a pay load and still bug out successfully. I don't even have composite armor on my mossy and it's too easy to escape a barrage of flak only to repair, and I'm getting EXP doing so!

Fortunately, with the increased incentives to go AA (specifically, exp rewarded for damage done regardless of a kill) it wouldn't be surprising to see so much anti-air there wouldn't be too many fliers to begin with. I'm all for that balance point too. Flying into enemy territory with a strong AA presence should be dangerous, fatal even, for pilots. Hello? Mixed arms? Ground forces need to take out the AA just as air needs to take out the tanks so that infantry can take out the AA. A nice circle of life and death is what PS2 really needs to work.
  14. jak

I fly in Light Assault so nobody can shoot me down anyway...
  15. HadesR

Maybe a Skull icon next to your name to denote a high xp kill :p
  16. Cowboyhomer

Its more incentive...is it not? I know right now I dont shoot at them unless there are plenty of others around to help me. Without supoort all I did was shoot a rocket that might have missed but for sure let them know where I am. If the exp is so much higher, I will be alot more inclined to take that risk. Maybe it wont be incentive for you but I bet it is for alot of players.
  17. Xaturas

Won't do much. What's stoping the pilot/gunner from bailing out ...
    Assists will still be worth ****, but heck I'm gonna wait for the patch and maybe play the game again then.
  18. ABATTLEDONKEY

I think that where we disagree is at the point of how effective AA is. I personally killed 5 ESF's and 1 liberator today with me in a dual buster max, and my brother in an AA turret. We were completely outnumbered and outgunned but to me, AA is very effective. if AA were any more effective it would be OP IMHO. AA against libs? yea that takes alot of doing. but when it comes to ESF's those things are a breeze!

The problem is that you have a huge numbers game to play. on average, ground units will outnumber air units by a GOOD margin. if a single ground unit could be taking down a single aircraft, or even multiple aircraft, then aircraft are effectively rendered useless. It just cant be that way. so how do you play it? how many ground units should it theoretically take to neutralize air units? that is an answer i dont have, but i feel that however SOE did it, they did a good job. 2-3 AA units (im speaking of maxes) can take down a number of aircraft, but wont be a solid base defense. when that number jumps to 6-10, then its pretty much all bets off for air. it would take a force 5-6 times that size to over come it. AA has INCREDIBLE range, and aircraft cannot hide, they can only run. while libs have good range to, they cant see most of the targets they want to kill until its very close. but they have an even bigger problem with running.

All in all this isnt an air balance thread. I think that the patch is going to see BIG changes for us, and it wont be in the airs favor. My point is that to many people dismiss air as an actual part of the game. the very nature of aircraft dictate that they need to be a large force, both individually, as well as in a group. for someone to dismiss them, and want them gone is both ignorant of the current generation of FPS games, as well as selfish and completely inconsiderate. any one who wants the so called "fly-boys" gone needs a shot of humility and a little education. thats the reason i responded with my post.
  19. BengalTiger

All the spawn camping Libs and HE tanks will now be even more rewarding to blow up.

Guess the new competition will go from "who killed the most" to "who killed the most of those who killed the most".
    Killception.