[BUG] New bug detected, developers not listening.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trucky, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Trucky

I understand that this has been mentioned thousand of times, but before you go into massive nosense pointless ****posting please read Deconstructing abuse is getting out of hand and now more since of the last update, my suggestion is [if we have devs anymore] that
    deconstruct gets unusable when getting attacked by an enemy. That should be fair enough, same
    deconstruct time but no abuse from it.
  2. FigM

increase deconstruct timer to 10 seconds. Reset timer if vehicle receives damage.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lord Robert

I'm sure they will get around to fixing it at some point. It gets mentioned around here more than anything else. Don't worry about it.
  4. S1eB

Or just set it so you can't deconstruct unless you are stationary.
  5. Trucky

I dont know anymore, the recent update just make the people deconstruct like hell since the exp buffs. Deconstruct shouldnt work like that.
    • Up x 1
  6. italktowalls

just because they didnt fix something doesn't mean they are not listening
  7. Lord Robert

I'm really not sure why we even have deconstruct. It seems so obvious that people will use it to try to grief, its not really worth it. Just remove it completely-sure you will have a lot of flashes lying around, and stock ESF's that people only use for transportation, but at least no more deconstruct frustration.

If at some point they want to take the time to actually code a solution, making this kind of griefing impossible, then put it back in.
  8. Gary

I have found them to be listening a lot and are more then helpful D:... even been given ways to contact them more directly about issues... They have responded on todays problems pretty swiftly.. Very swiftly compared to some Dev teams :)...
  9. skull4squadron

Its funny how ppl are so worried about other ppl getting points. ( talking about ppl deconstructing)
  10. SgtScum

Also just because someone doesn't like a particular mechanic doesn't mean its broken.

The only thing deconstructing does is deny someone a bit of xp provided they are too slow to kill a vehicle before the driver manages to actually deconstruct the thing.

Eh, no one is really concerned past a few vocal min/maxers and/or forum trolls.
  11. Gary

Fixed :D
    • Up x 2
  12. Trucky

They dont deny a bit of the exp, they deny totally all the exp. And you dont get exp for the suiciding guy falling putting ESF as an example
  13. Scatterblak

wtf are you talking about a 'bug'?? The vehics are made of 'nanites' (supposedly). Why leave assets for an enemy? Or is it more realistic that a faction has the super technology to create vehicles out of basically thin air, but for some reason they're stuck with them until an enemy can blast them?

R3t4rded. Kill the vehic when you can, and if you can't because someone deconstructed it, get over it - it's not a bug, it's not abuse, it's just strategy, keeping an enemy from growing stronger via hp's.
  14. SgtScum

I was talking in the context of a normal play session.

If the loss of a single vehicle kills xp is having an impact on your total xp per session then the problem lies elsewhere.
  15. Trucky

I want yourself to calm down and count to 10, Then when you're calm get back and post like a human being. Now regarding your point, you're basing your commentary in something that is ''natural'' in the game just because is in the future, is not justified. Let's put nanite repair as an example, that upgrade is based in what you said ''nanites'' when an enemy attacks the vehicle it repairs itself after 8 secs or more if not updated. After that it will slowly repair itself. Now if someone is attacking this vehicle, the nanites shouldnt and really shouldnt be unable to work in 8 or more secs, this including deconstruct.
  16. Trucky

At last in helios after the update people is deconstructing like crazy because of the exp buff i mentioned before.
  17. BalogDerStout

Wouldn't mind seeing a change to decon. 5 seconds should be enough since the last time you took damage. Ignoring being on fire, if possible but that shouldn't matter too much really.

Till then, I expect to see even more de-connign since we'll get more xp for it if we were to get the kill :p
  18. SgtScum

Really? Well then leverage the power of the built in video recorder to name and shame the dastardy xp deniers!
  19. Trucky

Is that really a solution?
  20. SgtScum

You can't have a solution if there is no proof there is a problem.