New AV turret

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Talizzar, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Qaz

while i generally agree that we shouldn't be nerfing things prematurely, i do think that if something gets released in a blatantly broken and op state, nerfs are in order. this turret is taking it very very far on the OP scale. Its AV capabilities is superior to tanks in that does more damage than primaries or secondaries, and it's even superior to rocketpods (in terms of doing massive single shot dmg while being free to pull). in short, we'll see a lot more instagibbing of stuff, which is never good imo. on a weapon that can be deployed instantly, repeatedly, and at no cost (in contrast to 250 per vehicle, e.g.) this is worrisome.

if the damage stays, a cost of 150-200 vehicle resources should be added.
  2. ChironV

Before you all scream NERF. Look at this things natural predators.
    Annihilator rockets lock on to turrets and can two shot them. Snipers love turret users. If you launch from any sort of an exposed position and try to guide a rocket in you are utter sniper-bait.
    I should know. Every time a mana turret is deployed every sniper in the area including myself is gunning for the hole in the shield to pop a skull.
    One tank shot, he's dead. ESF's can obliterate him in a heartbeat with a few A2G missiles.
  3. TotalNoob

Just been to the crown, rows and rows of these on the hill. You can't see them because of the render distance so you can't hit them unless you're a sniper.

Three shots for one to kill a turret on the tower of the crown and they are impervious to sniper fire (might as well be shooting a tank).

A massive game changer and probably not what intended at all.
  4. RomulusX

The Phoenix works nothing like the AV turret lol.
  5. prj3ctm4yh3m

good. the fewer heavies on the Crown, the easier it is to take.
  6. Zotamedu

I sure hope so because then I'll be standing on the bridge killing them off with my own rockets. One Decimator and the turret is in bad shape and the engineer is dead. Should score me loads of kills with a minimum of effort.
  7. Ayre

Anyone know if you can use the alternative fire mode button to switch to the ammo pack on the AV turret? I'm genuinely curious about that. If you cant, that'll be an interesting balance dynamic.
  8. Sinist

You can switch to an ammo pack just like you can with the AI turret ACE tool.
  9. Flix

I deninetly totaly like that SOE now implemented abilitys for cash..nice way to go SOE. How about you start selling certs directly? Why is a ABILITY buyable? And why does it have its own category even if a "ability"-category already exist....
  10. Flix

Hey and you dont even have to worry hitting the shield....because there is non. A stationary turret with vehiclevisibility without shield where you need time to disembark the bun if something fires at you...Epic lulz. And let me guess guys...its a onehit on infantry is it?
  11. Sharmanti

If you're quick enough you should be able to.

Shoot towards corner, just before the corner on the left side, swing the rocket right, then left and aim at the corner. The rocket should hit just around the corner
  12. Sharmanti

I am not sure the guided missile was a good idea. Stationary anti-tank rocket launcher, just dumb fire. Fine. Punish tanks that are still

Guided missile? Not much you can do unless there's a wall real close. You don't know it's commin either
  13. RealityWarrior

No zoom. not really possible to hit targets you can't see at those ranges
    • Up x 1
  14. Gavyne

Choice is guided missiles which takes aim, which skill is what people are asking for more in this game right? Or lock-on rockets, which I think we can all agree we have way too many of in the game. Even without a wall to hide behind, the person shooting the rocket still has to aim and follow your movements. Not to mention they are 1 shot from being blown up by a tank.
  15. Sharmanti

Did I say we needed lock-ons? Nope. I said guided is way to easy and rewarding. The rockets should be dumb-fire.

It's really harsh as a tank already. Everything counters you.

All aircraft, sunderers, any class with c4, mines, the new AV turret, heavies, other tanks, AV-turrets, MAXes etc etc. Not to mention that flak armor is available for infantry.

Grabbing a tank often doesn't pay off. With these guided missiles the engis can sit safely at 1000 meters away and fire at you. And you have no idea.
  16. Eclipson

All rocket launchers should be like this. This actually requires some skill to use and vehicles can out monuver you. Its an actually competition instead of just lock and leave. Its so much fun to use. It will prob be nerfed, but I will enjoy it while it lasts.
  17. Tiedemann

Very situational and not very safe, but it's mostly worth the risk cause it actually do some damage. I love how this makes me a ranged suicide bomber :p

I fear it'll be nerfed just because ppl who don't use it might think it's OP. I hope not cause then I just wasted 700SC or whatever it was.
  18. Talizzar

The turret does not take resources whoever asked that.

Not having played PS1 it was not intuitive to me that you would have to select this turret from the class console and "equip" it. All purchased mana things should all be equipped and the Engineer should be able to specify which device he wants built. It is not like the ammo box is broken up into Small Arms box, rocket box, ub nade box, etc.

I can see these being used in certain areas. As said before an engineer behind a turret is soon to be a dead engineer.
  19. Talizzar

Oh and as you would expect you can fire them from spawn rooms.
  20. Raital

On the bright side, if all the fourth faction heavies switch over to engineers and spam the hell out of the AV, we can all pull liberators and farm like it's December all over again. Won't that be nice?