New AV mine trigger sound. Seriously? Dogmines?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Quinnocent, May 19, 2015.

1. Quinnocent

Look. I've defended Daybreak in the past. I've even been accused of white knighting a few times, when I asked other players to cut them some slack after the SOE->DGC transition. But this . . . Yeah. I have to draw the line somewhere.

I get it. Sometimes you just swallow controversial stuff. I mean, I can at least SORTA understand the font changes. For those of you who don't know, there are going to be a bunch of PTS changes that are getting pushed to live without making it into the official patch notes. Among them is a change to the in-game font for things like spotting players. It's basically going to be bigger and bolder, to make the game friendlier for play on a TV screen, in preparation for the PS4 launch. I'm fine with things like that getting pushed onto live because it'll be a good venue to get broad feedback, even if there's bound to be a little bit of controversy. I'm sure it will be tuned a few times before it reaches a perfected state.

But sometimes you have to put your foot down, and I CANNOT UNDERSTAND adding random sound changes when the new sound is clearly glitched, and you have clear feedback saying so. To explain, they're also changing the trigger sound for AV mines, which IS a documented patch note. But the explosion noise seems to have had its length accidentally compressed or something, so it comes out as this really rough, sharp noise which sounds more or less exactly like a dog barking. We had at least two or three reports of this on Reddit, but DGC has shown no sign of them actually hearing about this or fixing it. I'm not paying for Dogside, DGC. ****. Get your act together, seriously.

I don't know how long we're expected to tolerate silly garbage like this. I guess I should just be glad that Dogside isn't as show-stopping as some of the other recent patch bugs. Between the shield glitch and some of the Lightning turret glitches, it's kinda getting insane. I mean, the lightning turret self-insertion bug was _horrible_ to watch in videos. I don't get how anyone could tolerate that happening to them, no matter how many bonus checks they got. But I guess you do what you have to for money sometimes.

Whatever. I'm over it. Another patch and more nonsense. I just hope stuff like this can eventually stop being a weird tradition.
  2. LodeTria

• Up x 3
  3. _itg

Sorry, you're 48 days late.
  4. Kristan

5. Lucidius134

6. HadesR

No wonder the game is ****** if Reddit intelligence is who they listen to :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  7. Quinnocent

8. Psykmoe

I would pay cash money for custom mine trigger sound.

Want all my tank mines to play the Sad Trombone when they trigger. Or the Kazoo.
  9. OldMaster80

Woody Woodpecker laughing would be great :)
    • Up x 1
  10. Diilicious

Id love for my tank mines trigger to be like "SURPRISE MOTHER******"

EDIT: or you could go full vine on it and be like "TANK MINES MOTHER******"
  11. Antillie

I am honestly rather surprised they didn't just copy the mine trigger and explosion sound from Planetside 1. That game had its issues but the mine sound was perfect. Beep-BOOM