New Assault Rifles on the PTS

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Facta, May 8, 2014.

1. vanu123

Give the terminus 167 damage to be viable. Right now the Corvus and CME are both far better guns for the role it fills.
  2. Nakar

The Terminus isn't supposed to fill the roles of the Corvus and CME. Read the description. It isn't intended to be a long-range gun.
  3. Iridar51

Agreed, why the NC have so annoying sounds? Here's how Raven / Phoenix sounds to me:
    • Up x 1
  4. Van Dax

not much point in a low damage short range burst gun.
    high damage short range burst-good, high skill players make it a headshot machine
    high damage long range burst-good, controllability and suffers less from damage drop off
    low damage burst short range-why not just use an automatic? controllability isn't an issue and headshots are less rewarding.
    low damage burst long range-debatable but I have'nt really seen a good implementation of this so far.

tealdeer it isn't good at its proposed role, the sabr is so emulate the sabr.
  5. Elrobochanco

Only did a bit of testing but I find the terminus super underwhelming. If I wanted to click 3-5 times to accomplish anything I'd still rock a beamer. The accuracy is very nice, but I don't understand what range/role it's intended for since the corvus will do it better at ranges and the CME/HV45 will do much better getting closer, without the need to you to be tap firing as you track a target.

It needs to do more in a single burst, whether that's more shots or better damage profile I don't know. Or better yet the burst should be a firing mode and it should have a different ROF full auto mode as well. Right now having only the 2 round burst with sort of middling daamge output/dpm for the clicking involved doesn't stack up against the other options.
  6. Epic High Five

I feel like if it got the should-be-universal burst rifle feature of 2x AND 3x it'd be pretty ideal. 3x for spammy situations and 2x for precision fire ones.
    • Up x 1
  7. Elrobochanco

I think that would be alright. I want to be rewarded for well placed bursts, but I don't want to be just destroying mouse1 or being tempted to bind mousewheel to fire and unlock my logitechs ratchet into freespin mode.

I get that the burst guns are for a different playstyle, but at the same time weapons that require a lot of clicking don't typically fare well in player favor or actual field use (looking at you battle rifles).

Still disappointed for just regular rifles rather than actual faction flavor special weapons, so hopefully they can make these all appealing until they have the time to be creative again.
  8. libbmaster

Thought to be fair, I would like to see the terminus' recoil brought down a little bit.

It feels slightly harder to control than the SABR.
  9. Epic High Five

Tough to tell without much live fire time...I'd love to see the datamined sheets because I don't think its FSRM is over 1.0, meaning it's very SABR-like in that regard. All I know for sure is that it feels like an absolute dream handling-wise after auraxing the Gauss Rifle Burst, although to be fair this same thing can be said about an ice cream truck.

The Tross' feels minimal for its damage tier but definitely more like 1.5x or so. It's going to be weird using it because the 2x burst is going to be best for mid-range while the full auto will be best for long range.
    • Up x 1
  10. TheKhopesh

I'm just waiting for SOE to dispense with the subtlety and just name something the " 'Murica Eagle Blaster".
    :eek:
    • Up x 1
  11. TheKhopesh

I agree. The Reaper is far superior simply because it has -nearly- the same accuracy even with sustained fire, and higher DPS.

If you want my opinion, keep the A-Tross as-is on all stats except the two below.

---------------------------------------------------
    Change damage and RoF.

200 @ 10m
    167 @ 85m

469 RPM
    ( 1,563.33 DPS )

To:
    225 @ 10m
    167 @ 85m

445 RPM
    ( 1,668.75 DPS )

Please note, the Reaper DMR (Our other 200 dmg per shot AR) has 1,667 DPS.
    (Well, actually it's exactly 1666.666666666666 -and the 6's continue indefinitely, you get the point.)
    The starter Assault Rifle for the NC, the NC1 Gauss Rifle, has exactly the same DPS as the Reaper DMR as well.

++++Side Note++++
    I chose 445 RPM over 444 RPM as 444 produces a lower DPS than the standard weapons (225 max dmg at 444 RPM is 1.665 DPS exactly).
    +++++++++++++++

Now it's an acceptable weapon on par with other hard hitting NC weapons, entirely unique in it's damage type as well as RoF, and stands a decent chance at combat at closer ranges.
    (No better or worse than the Reaper DMR, which is the main point.)

Please, tell me what you think of this idea.

++++Edit++++
    I made a suggestion thread for these changes as well.
    You can find that here.
    +++++++++++
    • Up x 1
  12. LibertyRevolution

I am really not impressed with the terminus...
  13. TheKhopesh

I'm rather fond of it.
  14. LibertyRevolution

Why? You have to click 3 times to down anyone even a VR dummy.
    If you don't pause for a split second between clicks and try to just spam 3 clicks it goes all out of control.
    The description says it is for close/medium engagements.. why would you want a burst only riffle for close combat.

I think the CME is just a better riffle.

The VS AR are lacking.. they have the worst of the 3 factions, I was really hoping for something decent..
    I mean I use an NS-11A on my VS the AR are so bad on that faction..
  15. NCDaniel

Can't wait.
  16. TheKhopesh

I actually find that the Corvus and H-V45 are the only two weapons I ever need as a VS medic.
    • Up x 1
  17. LibertyRevolution

I have the H-V45 and i think it sucks.. its like a bad version of the TAR.
    I don't have a Corvus though.. that a long range one? I like the CME.