Nerf the Prowler!

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Darkroyals, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Darkroyals

Everyone knows the prowler tank, a strong and small tank, which has double barrel canons with a deployment mode.
    But the prowler got huge advantages against other tanks.
    First of all, the Anchored mode (also known as the deployment mode), the anchored mode is built in by default inside the prowler - it gains you a faster reload time, and increases the projectil speed up to 50% (!!!!). I think this should be reduced to 25%! This makes the Prowler op by himself. Second of all is the range of the main weapons, in alot of cases, the prowler hits me, before i can see the rendered landscape, the range should be reduced in total, this includes the default projectil speed. Third of all is the damage of the prowler, as an example: you fly with a lib, and a prowler is up the hill, the prowler shoots you while being in anchored mode and hits you one time, you can see, that you have a massively hp loss. In that case, the damage should be absolutely decreased. The prowler is very op in total, i can see the TR guys hating me right now. There is much more, that could be nerfed on the TR, but the prowler is the most annoying one. I hope the prowler will be nerfed soon, because this is very unfair towards other fractions. And it should be nerfed at all, i've asked others, and they agreed.

Thank you!

-DR
    • Up x 1
  2. ZDarkShadowsZ

Firstly, the Prowler is not a strong tank. It has the weakest armour of all 3 factions.

Second, Anchored Mode does not give an increase to both projectile velocity and reload speed. Only projectile velocity. The two were separated years ago. Reload speed is its own Utility Slot ability known as Barrage. Not every player who uses the Prowler even runs with both of these things together.

Third, if you're getting gunned down by a Prowler whilst flying a Liberator you're doing something horribly wrong. Trying to shoot down air can be difficult for the majority of players at best, and is often the most easiest when the pilot in question, is flying really low, flying slowly/stationary, or a combination of both. Not only that, if you're getting hit by a target that has literally pinned itself to the ground, and can't even move, you're again, doing something very, very wrong. Moreover, a tanker should 100% be deserving of such a huge HP loss on a flying target for even manging to land a hit in the first place.

I'd also like to point out that, as with any MBT from any faction, getting hit with a tank that uses AP rounds is going to be devastating. Yes a Prowler has two shots to hit, but that doesn't mean a player will always hit both shells on target. The Prowler does 600 damage per AP shell. A Vanguard does 850 damage per AP shell, and the Magrider does 750 damage per AP shell. Yes, if both shots hit, the Prowler will do 1200 damage, but again, that's only if both shells hit.

So let's combine the potential of 1200 damage plus Anchored Mode, and Barrage. Yes, that would be an incredibly powerful tool. In the right hands. Just because a person has access to these sorts of capabilities does not mean they are going to be very good with them.

Overall, yes, the Prowler can be devastating under the right circumstances, but these circumstances are not going to happen all the time.

Finally, yes, the Prowler has Anchored Mode... which means it cannot move. Imagine how powerful a good Liberator pilot can be under the right circumstances too. A combination of decent piloting, vehicle stealth, and the overall art of surprise are a very powerful tool which will render that 'op' prowler dead in seconds.

This is like the times I've seen debates on how the Magrider is considered the 'weakest' tank in the game. These are words spoken by a player who has no idea how powerful the single most manoeuvrable tank in the game can really be.

I apologise if this come across like I'm putting everything you say down, but your thread comes across like you want the Prowler nerfed to the ground just because you had a bad day. It kind of shows with the way you've written your thread, and the lack of well-researched information before posting.
    • Up x 3
  3. Darkroyals

If you want to take a look on the informations: https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Anchored_Mode
    Either you are from the TR, who is 24/7 inside a prowler, or you don't twig it!
    The Prowler is too powerful, the bullets are extremely fast, aeven more on the anchored mode. You camp on a hill, while being in anchored mode and you can easily take-down a liberator, of course you can move. but that doesn't mean anything, yeah you can also be taken down by a lib but not within "seconds". You also you can hit everyone twice, you just need to aim correctly. And i don't have a bad day at all, it's just kinda annoying - that at any time the prowler destroys almost everything. One bullet from the prowler does the same damage as some Hesh weapons, and that shouldn't be at all. Atleast the range should be reduced. As i said, you are probably 24/7 inside a prowler - and a prowler is definitly too strong, and should be nerfed. Some of your sentences are not smiliar with the prowler theme. I also don't know, what you want to tell me with "just because you had a bad day" - How would you know, i have a bad day? You've never seen me, that means you also don't know how i play Planetside 2. Why are you excusing? That makes zero sense, also sounds arrogant. If you still don't know, what I mean, watch on YouTube videos about the TR. The TR is also well-known as the most op fraction.
  4. Gazyfox

And pls dont come with "In the right hands. Just because a person has access to these sorts of capabilities does not mean they are going to be very good with them". The Dalton and Lib also got patched dead because "some players" were rly good at it.
    • Up x 2
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

Let's go with your source of information here...

You say that the Prowler shells are extremely fast... yet their muzzle velocity is actually exactly the same as the Magrider. It is in fact the Vanguard whose shells fire the fastest.

https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/P2-120_AP - 250m/s
    https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Supernova_FPC - 250m/s
    https://planetside.fandom.com/wiki/Titan-150_AP - 275m/s

Of course the Prowler's shells would be the fastest once Anchored Mode is activated. That's a no-brainer. That's the purpose of it.

Yes it can. Even if the Prowler driver undeploys, the Liberator Pilot will have already tank-busted you in the rear, and then Dalton'ed you as a finisher.

Exactly. You just need to aim correctly. Meaning, not every Prowler driver is going to.

Which weapons would be? If you're comparing Prowler AP rounds (which bypass armour) to a High Explosive Squash Head that does not bypass armour, and is meant for infantry you're absolutely right. But this is exactly the same with all faction MBT AP rounds.

Respectfully, I think you need to re-read what I said before you say that I am sounding arrogant. I never said you were having a bad day. I said your thread comes across that way. Meaning, what you had written, and the way it was written, was implied you were having a bad day so needed to vent. Again, not once did I make a sweeping statement that you were 100% having a bad day. How can I know whether or not you were?... I think you jumped the gun a bit here and made a bit too much of an assumption.
  6. Darkroyals

As i said, you don't twig it with the lib thing, the tank buster can't help you in a 1 vs 1 situation, a good prowler driver will takedown the lib within seconds, you can't even go nearly the prowler. Yeah and you can see on wikipedia, that the Prowler needs 3 ****** shoots to take-down a whole lib with it's full health. The prowler kills a vanguard or a magrider faster than themselves. The projectil velocity at the anchored mode is definitly too fast. The range is way too far!
  7. ZDarkShadowsZ

Yes I do. I understand exactly what point you're trying to make. And yes, I get it. I really, really do. You want the Prowler's Anchored Mode ability to be changed because you think it kills Liberators too quickly. Maybe even changes to its AP damage or the fact it fires two shots.

Now, please see my point of view. You're asking for these kinds of changes without considering that you may be doing something wrong. This is the point I'm trying to make here.

It's all very well and good bringing in Wiki stats and saying it does X thing or Y thing, but these are on paper. Bear in mind that when we're all out there in the field, yes these things are set on concrete, but it how humans use these things vary from person to person.

Not every single person is going to make every shot count. Not every person is going to be able to deploy in a safe enough area in order to hit you. Not everybody even bothered to use Anchored Mode to shoot at you in the first place.

Similarly, not every Liberator pilot is going to know when to fly high enough and be manoeuvrable. Not every Liberator pilot is going to know when to engage in a fight and when to stay away. Not every Liberator pilot is going to know when to attack an opponent and when not to.

Also, if a Liberator takes 3 hits from a Prowler, and a Prowler has only 2 shots.. even in Anchored Mode, there's still that 1 shot left. Yes, the Prowler may have clipped you twice, but if it killed you, where did the rest of the damage come from? By the time the Prowler has reloaded, surely you will have already made the decision to boost away beforehand? Surely this kind of thing can't be happening to you all the time?

Again, my point in all of this, is that it's human nature to quickly blame the other person for a bad situation that we could have avoided. I have been on the receiving end of an Anchored Prowler. It's not very pleasant to say the very least, but I also think it's important to adapt, and reflect upon what went wrong and how we can deal with the situation differently next time.
    • Up x 2
  8. Gazyfox

The thing is. It was the same on the liberator with the dalton and tankbuster. It got changed because "some people" were to good at it. If played correctly by someone who knows what to do u can pretty easily outplay like 99% of all prowler drivers. No matter if its with a harrasser a maggy a vanguard or a liberator.
    • Up x 1
  9. ZDarkShadowsZ

All of what you're saying is exactly the point I am trying to make to the OP. They are claiming because they are being shot down by Prowlers using Anchored Mode, they want the Prowler nerfed.

The Liberator can be accessed by ALL factions. Whereas up until recently, the Prowler has only ever been accessed by ONE.

And back to my point... if the OP is getting shot down by Prowlers... even when they use Anchored mode... do they not think that perhaps they are doing something wrong?

There's more to being in a tank than a point and click adventure game. There is more to the OP's story than they have cared to explain. They have not explained what THEY have been doing in order to reach the situation they are in now. All they have done is write about what has happened to them, not what they have done in order for their situation to keep being repeated.
  10. Darkroyals

Yes, because the Lib was once too op, with moveable pilot weapons. But as i said, the prowler is in total too strong, it can even destroy a Mag or a Vang, in a 1 vs 1. TR fanboys are absolutely against a nerf, that's obviously. I want to hear the statement of some others. How come that you reply to an thread. I've never seen you, you also never contributed the last 5 years to this community. Just because i've opened a prowler-nerf thread, you are replying now. Kinda weird.
  11. Undrcvrsteve

As a TR player turned NC without even a certed out vanguard I can confirm the prowler isn't op, the vanguard entirely is. You think 50% faster shell velocity is op when the vanguard can just say no to damage? 65% frontal blockage AT 1ST LEVEL with the shield means that the prowler a "op" 1200 damage per burst turns into a measly 420, which can be healed by the Nimitz reactor. That's broken. If you say a lib pilot is at a disadvantage against an anchored prowler you are simply wrong, get above them and kill them in 4 seconds. Now I can already hear you mashing your keyboard "but the prowler will just kill me before I get close" yeah that's on you. If you get hit by a mbt round you are too predictable and that is on you, not poor game balance.
  12. Darkroyals

Ok. You heard me "mashing" the keyboard nearly 1 week later. The vanguard is with the shield op, that's right. The velocity is okay. The prowler has a shield too but only in anchored mode! Sure a lib can destroy a prowler, but if you targeted a lib first, you can easily take it down, and that's what shouldn't happen that fast. Why do MBT's have a walker or a ranger then? That makes it completely useless. To add it on top, a ranger or walker makes the prowler to the perfect AA. There are lots of players camping on a small hill, taking down AA's. A tank driver's weapon is not made at all to shoot aicrafts. Some are only inside a prowler, 24/7 like having no-life. You were only 1 hour inside a prowler, that means you can't really know everything about a prowler. -_-
  13. Lezzo

Darkroyals i just wanted to let you know that the prowler shield you are talking about when it is deployed is actually so useless that i’ve never seen anyone decent in mbts that uses it. it makes your hitbox so big that they can shoot you while movimg from far away, it doesn’t let u see anything through that bec of the colour it has and all those annoying light effects and last thing it just give you 20% damage resistance at max level while not even covering the side!!! It was meant to be used as a cover for infantry too, but it just doesn’t work, while vanguard shield can be used while moving, it covers sides too and gives you 65% damage resistance from the front and doesn’t make your hitbox bigger than a galaxy. And don’t forget that the vanguard already has 1000 more hp than a prowler and their speed is practically the same ( even thou the game says that the prowler is the fastest tank). And you have to keep in mind that the prowler is based on dps, but u have to hit both of your shells or you will have the worst dps in all of the 3 mbts. I tried all of the 3 tanks and i can tell that the prowler is the least accurate of the 3 if not deployed. The deal is that it’s not just really convenient to deploy it anymore in a fight against another tank in medium to close ranges bec it makes you too easy to hit (and it doesn’t give any reload advantage anymore) while a vanguard can just get in cover between each shot to negate the dps advantage of the prowler. It just doesn’t make sense all this tread of nerfing it. I think you’re right about the fact that its maingun is really strong against air bec it oneshots esfs and has 2 shots for clip, and if u deploy and start spamming at an aircraft u can take it down really easily, but as an experienced liberator pilot i can tell that if u targeted a prowler and it doesn’t have any kind of antiair gun near him and you fight him in the way that you are supposed to there is nothing he can do, instead a vanguard can put a shield up and get that 65% damage resistance from the top and maybe get under cover, while a deployed prowler would get dumped from the tankbuster from the rear in matter of seconds, even after the lib nerf. Maybe you are a bit unexperienced with the liberator or you just saw a prowler killing you and said that it was op. You should try it out and you would see its strenghts and weaknesses. I thought that the magrider was op before trying it out but after i did it i understood that it was the driver that was strong, not the tank, infact a magrider would lose against the other 2 mbts in a face to face fight, but if u use it as a flanking thank it is really good. You also said that prowler can kill a vanguard in a face to face fight, and that is literally impossible, try it out with some friends, the only way that a prowler can win a fight like that is if the vang miss literally all the shots. The prowler is built as an artillery tank that beams you from far away while anchored on a hill, but if you take it out of that context u can easily kill it with the other mbts in the game.
    • Up x 1
  14. TR5L4Y3R

... if you are flying a dalton lib, no matter which tank shot you down, you deserve every bit of it ..
    if there is one vehicle that is OP it´s a frigging daltonlib, have a nice day ...
    • Up x 1
  15. RabidIBM

I wish Harstem would play Planetside. The OP deserves an episode of Iodis.
  16. Tr34

The most OP thing about it is the ability of one-shot killing an ESF with each of two shots. Incredibly fast projectile velocity
    makes it really easy to hunt enemy ESFs when you think about you have 2 chances with this tank. Also its HESH can kill an infantry with single shot. Both of those should require 2 shots to balance this tank. And when it equips AP shells with a Gatekeeper gunner, a magrider gets wiped like in 1 seconds. Can't even turn and shoot back at it. It's burst DPS output should be balanced.
  17. meggarox

So, hiya, I'm usually a TR main, but over recent years I branched into all 3 factions, and am now happily an NSO ****ter. It's great fun. My opinion on the matter is as it has always been: None of the tanks should have the innate pinpoint shots that they have.

When you shoot a tank shell, it goes directly at the centre of your cursor, this means that with fine motor skills you can snipe any target from virtually any range. The solution, if only the devs would read this information, is simply to give tank shells innate bloom. So that when you fire, the shell doesn't travel with absolute pinpoint accuracy, but is offset by a few fractions of a degree, like how infantry bullets typically are.

This way, prowler could have its inherently high DPS balanced into line with the other tanks by adding bloom-per-shot so that the second shot fired is even more inaccurate.

This wouldn't be a direct nerf to the prowler because the other two tanks (And, with any luck, the top guns including halberd) would get innate bloom added too. There are too many circumstances where an extreme tryhard magrider main can snipe harassers from 100+ meters that are moving at top speed and even swerving. The added bloom would help balance this level of innane ********tery.

I can only continue to pray over the coming years that the devs will finally do this. It's currently too easy to just park a tank next to a base and rain hell directly through a doorway 500 meters away. The added bloom would at the very least help in balancing this trash spam as well.

Tank on tank combat wouldn't change all that much because everyone would just get the same accuracy issue to deal with no matter their vehicle, lightnings, MBTs and harassers equally. It would also make weapons like Basilisk which have innate bloom a tiny tiny bit more competitive against ground vehicles relative to Halberd, Bulldog or Fury.

It's genuinely the most perfect solution to the problem, and I don't ever see anyone talk about it. Just give them innate bloom, devs, please!
  18. ✩FRISK✩

Then why not add " Chance of Bounce or Ricochet " on shots base on where it lands on the surface.........wait....that idea might make Maggots OP after that.....

and i still get more deaths from Vans and Mags than i do getting kills from them.....

id dif like to see the ability to fire both rounds using a ... say Utility slot " Double Barrel " with a slightly longer reload vs when firing both single rounds reload timer
  19. Knjaz136

Sure, I'll swap my Prowler for a Vanguard any day any time.

Where do I sign?

Prowler's "special abilities" are weakest of the 3 anyway, simply due to them having 0 effect on the gunner, unlike other 2 factions. But, at least it got 2 of them.

Did you just seriously compare Prowler's shield to Vanguard's one? You sir have absolutely zero clue what you are talking about. Please, play a Prowler for a few days at least.
  20. Clone117

Honestly prowler seems fine where it is, an 8 second resist shield is pretty much worthless in most situations. If it lasted 20. Than itd be golden. magrider being able to glue itself and roam around stupidly steep hills and shell things to death from safety is what makes maggie relatively op. As for over all balance. I think increasing shell and dumbfire rocket velocity would go a long way in balancing the field.