Nerf claymores or give us a defence!

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by OldMaster80, Nov 30, 2012.

1. SixVoltSamurai

Don't sprint past corners, and look at the ground more carefully? Those are tools that don't need to be added! Heck, you even get experience for blowing up an AP mine without it killing someone!
  2. ComradeHX

There is skill in placing claymores in place that are actually of value other than cheap kill.

Such as jump platforms, or generator rooms.
  3. GolDraG

claymores and other 2 would be op if they would respawn after kiling some1. now its just one trick pony, u died to it, means theres none left or theres active infiltrator in the area placing them again. use stuff called brains and find a way to counter it.
  4. Lowerydro

I'm quite proud of my sundy kills with mines. Usually pick up a flash, scout way around the fight, come up on the sundy from behind, get the mines down and then shoot like crazy.

Nothing else other than C4, which is even MORE expensive, can kill a sundy if people are paying attention to it. It is pretty easy to counter too, just pay attention to an engineer running up to your sunderer, and don't ignore the rear flank.
  5. silverme

wow look at all the '....don't touch my mines...'
    but anyway, what I don't get is that, it should take longer to place a new mine then for the second person to run through the door? so just wait for a second person to spawn let him run out first and die to the mine. The you run out shoot the engineer in the face. Problem solved. Now the other couple of dozen players(who couldn't find a mine for stepping on one) can run out and join you. Or in your case. Run out and fight you.

however if your side has found a way for 2 people to halt the entire enemy force then good on them

as for counters how about they are high lighted if with in x meters of the spawn tube/door?

and lastly maybe you should change the title from 'mines=op' to 'spawn camping = bad'
  6. Davelantor

I NEVER got killed by a claymore, I must have shot like 15 so far, but never got killed from them.
    If you see one ... shoot it, it will blow up.
    Then again you probably get killed because you are rushing everywhere and dont care to look from the edges of corners before you turn.

You deserve to die from claymores if you dont bother to check for them.
    • Up x 1
  7. gunshooter

Claymores are the most obvious thing in the world, they're HUGE with a massive green cone on the ground.

Prox mines and bouncing betties are impossible to see in comparison. And yes, YOU CAN SHOOT THEM TO GET RID OF THEM.
  8. Fynov

You have to think about the fact that they are proximiti mines not mines you have to drive over. If i place 2 mines next to a stationary vangaurd they will blow up and kill it. Also works if they drive by them not just over them.
  9. Kracken

No.

Translated: I zerged in my Heavy without LOOKING at the area and died.

No.
  10. IshanDeston

Explosives cost ressources and even if you stocked up on them, after ~50 in a round its over. You won't gain all the ressources back you just wasted on those claymores and you had to always run back to a terminal to restock.

And you have a defense for them... its called "Eyes". Those mines are quite visible (something i always disliked)
  11. Pashgan

Your mom should tell you this: watch your step.

TL;DR mines are fine and aren't that easy to use.
  12. evansra

i have not found any deployable to be a problem so far but have admitedly not encountered them much yet. i would like to see a way of scanning for deployables tho, possibly a gun attachment where the lazer goes that gives a short range detection... possibly with some small trade off such as hipfire accuracy due to extra weight. just an idea
  13. jackrandom

Claymore types in game are just annoying and drag the fun factor of a game down.
  14. Luciuskane

Cannot stress this enough. There's no need for specialized equipment to get rid of these as everyone has them! Eyes, in-game knowledge of where the mine hotspots are and your trusty gun for disposing them.

I guess these are the bane for those players who loves to rush rush rush.
  15. krakendoom

I play engi and have prox mines (AI), my only issue with them as they currently stand is that they detonate on enemy corpses, it's really irritating. Also the blurb about AI mines does state movement. Perhaps they should just clarify the text blurb to explain exactly what they do.

I haven't tried tank mines they seem useful though. Damage wise they are fine. Detonating on a parked enemy sunderer...meh. I can see your point but what would you rather not detonating and then loading up going to move out and then BOOM! destroyed sunderer and full team.
  16. Ghoest

I have died nearly 1000 times so far - almost all an infantry.
    I doubt even 5 of them were from proximity mines. Definitely less than 10.

They definitely do not need to be nerfed.
  17. Vortok

I've mostly laughed when I died to claymores as it's so rare that someone is using them. If they become more common or I run into someone using them a lot I may actually start looking out for them, but at the moment I just lawl if one gets me. Half the time it's because I was running straight at a infil's camp spot like a newb and deserved it anyway.
  18. Yafes

I am very much new to mines and enjoying them greatly
    I simply do not understand the whine on mines. They are very expensive, easy to avoid in case of claymore. The worst part is they are placed by one of the most squishy classes. I want to feel usefull when we die quite a lot. If you allow a pathetic engi to place mine on you, its not your right to whine but you should give credit to the brave engi.
  19. Raka Maru

Cu the only valid way to play for you is run and gun.

Gotta look at the big picture.
  20. Fleabag

As someone said, don't we have one, Flak armour? All classes can cert it if I recall. If I remember rightly, during beta, Infil's had something somewhere they could cert that would mean they wouldn't set off mines as well. EMP 'nades, in beta, last time I knew didn't set off mines, but regular ones sure will.

It's odd really, see a lot of threads about how bases aren't easy enough to defend, yet folks want to see tools to help defense taken away. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1