[Suggestion] Need Gore!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kungflu, Jan 10, 2013.

1. the pestimist

that sight would make me throw up a lot
  2. TheBloodEagle

Because suggesting something like this means it has to be in ASAP and **** all the other issues, right? Good job. *golf clap* There a big update coming out on the 30th if you haven't noticed.
  3. smokemaker

exactly death nice and clean, no gore no mess just a body that disappears.

Part of me thinks there should be smell-O-vision as well.
    Burnt flesh has a smell all its own... and when the bowels get released or just plain opened up... You will gain a new fact of knowledge.

Make a game about killing, you bet. Make it as real as you can.
  4. TheBloodEagle

That's thing, you're a kid, I'm not. It would be an optional thing. (I'm just asking for blood though and splatter, not gore)
  5. the pestimist

why don't use just play tf2 if you want gore.
  6. TheBloodEagle

It's ******* weird how desensitized generations of people are with really violent movies and games but blood & gore is an issue.
  7. MarlboroMan-E

8. Espega

Its just not that kind of game, plus how am i supposed to run bases when its completely red
  9. Cirevam

Good point. I wonder if part of it is that we can feel more like we're part of the game since we take active roles within it. It's one thing to listen to a story. It's another to represent or be the guy knifing everyone.
  10. L1ttlebear

I think you are missing the entire point. It is just plain wierd for an adult (assuming you are one) to want to see blood and gore SO BAD that they will ignore all the gameplay functions of a game like planetside 2 and post forum threads demanding blood and guts on thier computer screen.
    Personally I stopped feeling the need for blood and guts when i was 13 and started to mature. You should not play this game just for the violence it potentially offers. This game is supposed to play so that one can feel like they are part or a war without all of the uncomfortablilities of warfare like blood, fear, sweat, tears, pain and all the other negative aspects of acctually trying to kill another human being.

Real war is NOT fun. It is NOT cool. You do NOT yell "pwned" after every kill and most soldiers at some point have to become jaded to some pretty terrible stuff just to keep from becoming depressed while in active combat. For you to come onto a game like this and think that the number one problem with the game is the lack of blood shows only one thing...that you are either currently sick in the head, or young enough that you dont understand why games are made.

I realize that horror movies and violent games ARE appealing to the masses, one thing that history has shown is that the masses are capable of some pretty messed up stuff...why would you go OUT OF YOUR WAY to encourage that sort of behavior when it offers (literally) no benifit to the game itself?
  11. kungflu

Do not blend kids and blood censorship together.

Halo.
    It has gore. blue blood, purple blood, green blood. assassination, close-to-being-nude cortana.
    And it is still overrated to kids and adults still being spoonfed by moms.
    • Up x 1
  12. SirBurning

Go play TF2 you guys say LOL,
    the game where a rocket makes somebody fly into pieces?
    Did you do any research at all?
  13. Clay Pigeon

Illegal in Europe.
  14. Nocturnal7x

I agree, and if they added physx to the blood oh man. Imagine limbs n **** flying when a grenade is lobbed on the point haha. What would bereally cool is when someone is revived if it pulls their limbs and blood n **** back into them, necromancer style.

I approve.
  15. SirBurning

ILLIGAL? Are you saying blood and gore in videogames is illigal in europe? Seriously?
    Because if you are, that's the most stupid thing i've heard anybody say in ages.
    LOL ,ye right...
  16. TheBloodEagle

Nah, he's right generally. They ban a lot of games in Germany especially and they pretty much make it hard to get violent games. But boobies are ok to show on TV where youngsters will see.

I'm telling you folks, this **** is weird in the US and Europe. It doesn't really make sense to me.
  17. Ripshaft

Not consistent with the style of PS2.
  18. Clay Pigeon

You mean the style where soldiers crumple up when they die and fall into the geometry so they can't be found to be rez'd?
  19. smokemaker

Not only do i want blood. I want a better murder simulator.
    Games about death. But make it clean... lol
    No. You want death.... you bet in all of its glory. The sights tastes and stink.....
    I want real ballistics. Blood that bleeds and needs a medic to stop. Gasping lung wounds that screws your screan up till fixed.
    I want exploding skulls with brain matter splatters.
    I want it all.
    And when I sneak up behind you. I want to hear you gag as you choke on your own blood as it fills your lungs as my knife slices your throat open.
    You bet, death in all its glory.

FYI { in RL } I am a gentle sole. Really >:)
  20. DarkMatter223

Performance issues aside I dont see why anyone would not want blood in PS2. Im not saying they need to add realistic deaths and flying limbs but if you snipe someone in the head, stab them in the back or run over someone in a ******* tank there shoudl be blood splatter on the walls or a puddle around their body.

At this point there is 0% chance of it happening but I think it would of added something visually to the game that would make me enjoy it more.