[Suggestion] Need Gore!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by kungflu, Jan 10, 2013.

1. MasonSTL

this has got to be a troll.
  2. L1ttlebear

gental and probably 12
  3. smokemaker

My 1st pc was the Vic 20, pre cursor to the commodore 64.
    I have already been to my 20 yr reunion. :)
    I just simply dont care and enjoy killing digital people.
    My goal, tears.... love them.
    Gore... would be nice, will it happen no. But i can dream.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ripshaft

Uhhh... I mean aesthetic style. Game mechanics have nothing to do with that, also they are going to add ragdoll at some point.
  5. SteazyStich

Just to play devil's advocate, or whatever... a blood splatter effect would provide pretty good feedback for when characters are getting hit. Feedback in games is good, it makes them easier to play and more rewarding.

The shield does a pretty decent job (need a shield depleted effect though, see Halo, or maybe I've just never noticed) but once the shield is down all you have is the red crosshair indicator... which IMHO is the biggest cop-out ever. Instead of providing good feedback that you're hitting your target, we'll make this light flash.

I agree though that this is *way* down the priority list. If they added an option for "disable gore" which was enabled by default (like the language filter) I wouldn't think twice before turning gore on because I know that some red pixels on my monitor aren't going to turn me into a ruthless killing machine and I hate that I can't tell when enemies are getting shot unless I'm the one shooting them. Plus imagine what a biolab would look like after a 2 hour long battle... I think it would be nice if it looked different than when the battle started.

That said, I would continue playing PS2 even if they changed all the guns to marshmallow launchers... It's not about the special effects.
    • Up x 1
  6. L1ttlebear

i retract my statement, you just never grew up.

The desire for gore is ironically the smaller indicator as to your immaturity, it is really your replies that indicate your lack of sensability.
  7. smokemaker

I hope I never grow up.
    And I couldn't care less about your opinion of my mental maturity.
    I just dont care. I am here to kill you. Your only value to me is to be a target.
    And If it was glorified blood splatter all over, the better.
    • Up x 1
  8. Yil

Yeah cause there is no gore at ALL in this trailer. :rolleyes:
  9. FateJH

There is no blood or guts. Just nanomachines.
  10. Dubious

NO

Cause this is not Doom
    Cause they would change the game rating, pretty much locking out players
    • Up x 1
  11. Newsense

That's one way to play the game. The other way is to play the game to capture base/ continent. Another way to play the game is to troll other people for one's own pleasure (not condoning it). But to each his own.

As for the OP PS2's esbr rating is teen not mature. Teen does not allow gore, but it does allow minimal bloody (idk how much is minimal.)
  12. Eyeklops

When I shoot a male player in the codpiece I want a finger like appendage to go flying off into the distance. Then an NPC named Bohn Jobbit yells from off screen "It's ok, they can re-attach it." That would be the best epic game moment evar.
  13. smokemaker

I indeed play to troll other players. I enjoy this. I play to murder you. For in RL I could not. But in game, be aware, I am out there. I could care less if we take or lose the base. I am hunting you. I want to deny you your fun. I want you to die in ways that do not allow you to counter me. I enjoy your frustration.

Then I go pick up my kids from school, make some dinner ( ham and beans tonight with a fresh salad ) And make nice with my wife. Then kids go to bed. Out comes my bong, my smile disappears and I start hunting tears.

what was this thread about... gore oh yes... that too.

:)
  14. Pivke

add all this blood, body parts, flying intestines and whatnot -> render distance in decent fights decreases for another 50%
    you wont see any enemy past shotguns effective range :) just perfect eh?
    i dont think so....
    • Up x 1
  15. Fear The Amish

I play this game with my Nephew and my outfit actually has a Junior division so people with kids and younger relatives can play together... no this isn't needed.
  16. TintaBux

Yup, the game seems dumbed down for kids very much.
  17. kungflu

Sure. You do not want blood, but you want your nephew, kids to kill virtual people*. Knock some sense there.
    Nobody said this option is mandatory, it could be defaulted to OFF and made optional to graphics enthusiasts.
  18. the pestimist

well what do u think is better for soe earning more money because of the fact that a player can be all ages or just appealing to a certain amount of the players. Which would you choose. More money or appealing more to people who just want gore.
  19. bluEyedillusions

It's the thread I posted here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...o-be-blood-in-planetside-2.74702/#post-942835

Picture:
    [IMG]

I think it's a sad situation we're in, in which people who advocate blood in their shooter are called 12-year-olds.

I'm 25. I graduated from college with a 4.0. I am neither stupid or a child. So lets get those arguments out of the way.

I fully stand by the notion that I find violence in my video games more enjoyable with blood. It's a preference mutually exclusive from age. I'm not a deranged psychopath. I like killing people in games and seeing blood when I do it. However, In real life I once hit a cat with my car and cried for an hour. Video game violence has nothing to do with how I am or feel in real life. On the contrary, I'm an EMT in real life. I, sometimes, save lives (I say sometimes because the vast majority of calls aren't about saving lives).

What's okay about killing people (ending someone's life) but not okay with seeing imaginary blood? How is blood where we draw the line? How arbitrary.

As for the arguments that it doesn't fit the style of the game: Planetside 2 was going to have blood, and you can see from the picture above that it was in the game. It was probably temporarily removed because it wasn't up to par with other features, or perhaps it was permanently removed because of ratings. I can't answer that. But as of alpha/beta it was in the game. Maybe it'll make a come back as an option, at the same time the other features that were removed come back (such as the ragdolls they removed temporarily but were confirmed to be coming back).

For people worried blood would bring down performance: it wouldn't; at all. Not even on a poor computer would you feel the performance difference between having it and not having it.

So let's at least end the argument that people who would like blood in their first-person-shooters are childish/immature/deranged.
  20. -Zlodey-

I need blood in PS2 - atleast, I will see where my bullets go.
    And as old FPS veteran, I will appeciate some gore. Its stupid to not see any gore in 2013 - especially after classics like DooM, Unreal, Quake. BTW, you can turn off gore in some of these old games.
    I`m not became bloody maniac because of this classic games.