NC6 Gauss SAW attachments and recoil test

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by RHINO_Mk.II, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Messaiga

I have a way to fix these guns with a ROF of 652 without modifying anything but damage value, and it brings it up to somewhere just in line with weapons like the Gauss Saw, Em6, and other weapons with stats like 600 RPM 167 damage. http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/...g-the-af-4-cyclone.112395/page-2#post-1523972
    On Topic: I do indeed love the Gauss Saw with all of those attachments, since I got my Auraxium Medal on my Em6 next up is the trusty SAW, less than 100 more kills to go and I get my Auraxium Medal! :D
  2. RHINO_Mk.II

At point blank range, and with no headshots or misses, the NC6 Gauss SAW can get 20 kills before having to reload. The EM1 can get 14 kills and deal minor damage to one more before needing to reload.
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

So you're saying the EM1 is better because you go full auto, and have never used the SAW, leaving it in its stock form (which is vastly inferior as proven in the opening post)
  4. TheBloodEagle

One thing people BARELY ever mentioned damage at range degradation.

Most TR Weapons: 143 @ 10m to 125 @ 65m
    Most NC Weapons:167 @ 10m to 143 @ 75m
    Gauss SAW: 200 @ 10m to 167 @ 85m

Not only do the higher initial damage weapons have better bullet damage at medium and long ranges, with a slower degradation, the SAW's minimum damage is the max damage of all other LMGs. And at 65m it is doing much more damage as well than the other weapons. It's definitely a beast of a weapon. Not for everyone of course but a real menace to skilled folks.

NS-16M: 143 @ 10m to 112 @ 65m
    So it has to worst degradation of an LMG in game if the Weapon Data Sheets are true.
  5. ladiesop

The 'degraded' damage is often more useful, and at most ranges it's often in between which muddies the waters as at 10m the number of shots is 'just' enough to make a kill, when you will need one more shot after that distance.

It's muddied when more than one person is firing, along with Nanoweave that gets full advantage at below 10m and above the min-damage drop-off point.
  6. Mekhazzio

Yeah, that's the weirdest bit about the NC-15. All no-drop Vanu weapons lose two tiers of damage like that, but they do it to twice the distance. This thing not only has the extra dropoff, it has it extra-short and still has bullet drop. It really is the worst of all worlds.
    • Up x 1
  7. KnightCole

Umm, I didnt even quote your post, I quoted LibertyRevolution. As for one kill every 4 minutes sniping with a HA, lol, im bad at sniping. I am usually right in the mix or somewhere very close by taking advantage of people's obivious-ness and raking in kills.

But to understand the spraying with EM1, no, its not hard to understand, its a LMG, spray and pray, profit!
  8. Messaiga

I got my Auraxium Medal on the NC6 Gauss SAW today! I feel very happy, great gun at all ranges when used properly, now what weapon is next on the list............. I am thinking the NS-11C, or the GD-10 Blitz, or the Phoenix.
  9. LowTechKiller

The SAW is my bread and butter, but I bought the NS-15M this week and I really liked it. It felt better than the SAW, and the recoil was much lighter. The 55 round mag is NOT an issue, especially for habitual re-loaders like I am, because it reloads FAST.
    However, after a few days of using it, I switched back to the SAW. The bottom line is that as much as I like the NS-15M, and as easy as it is to hit targets with it, the NS-15M just doesn't kill as well as the SAW.
  10. ColdCheezePizza

EM6 is better at close, maybe mid, NC6 flat out owns it at long. If you burst it right, the first 2 bullets always seem to hit dead on where your pointing from across the field. The EM1 does the most tickle per bullet, its a cruel joke of an LMG, only daily sale I ever regret buying.
  11. Revanmug

You are amusing if you believe I have a stock SAW. Like if certs are hard to get.

Though you should try a few other gun, like I did, to make your own opinion.
  12. ladiesop

Some people just play better with different weapons. The difference between the best and worst TTK for the LMGs are 0.1s at most.
  13. Cigg

I like my Gauss Saw for HA and "s" version for attachments, my newest combo is without the compensator and using the suppressor makes me less of a radar target and still handles nice with advance grip, The cone pattern is also affected by optic your using increase the optic and you increase the cone effect under auto. I also tried the High Velocity Ammo and still has the mule kick good for single shots but also has a higher flash flare, more noticeable at night. Do and dam go hand in hand.
  14. hostilechild

Not sure about TR but on the VS side no reason to get the NS-15 they have better rifles to use. NC use it for the hipfire more than anything, yet its still viable at 100m and even 200m with bursts.
  15. Zaik

you would be better off with the anchor for hipfire, or perhaps a real hipfire weapon that isn't an LMG
  16. hostilechild

I use it mostly for the 10m-50m ads range and <10m hipfire in the oh **** scenario. Didn't like anchor as i felt gimped outside cqc with it. If i expect mostly over 50m i will go to the SAW and if a <10m fight occurs, pray like hell my headshot aim is good or just run if possible to create distance.