NC Theme Orchestral, v2.0

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CVTG, Feb 13, 2013.

1. CVTG

Hope you enjoy it, and of course, constructive feedback is always welcome.

• Up x 3
  2. Charlie

I like the arrangement, though I'm afraid I don't like the samples, though that's hardly your fault! Can't expect you to have a full orchestra at your beck and call!

Overall, good work :)
    • Up x 2
  3. CVTG

Ugh. Yeah. It'll be the day when VSTs will finally sound like actual instruments. Doesn't help that I'm pretty new to this stuff as well.
  4. CVTG

Sorry, quick bump, since I'd like to get some more feedback.
  5. Nteger

I like it. I think stronger/more real sounding low brass would make it better.
  6. TheShrapnelKing

Instead of sounding like "**** yeah! We're badass!" it's "Justice and Freedom".
    • Up x 1
  7. Duo Oratar

Nice work :) It's a big improvement over the actual in game racket.
  8. forkyar

no,let the devs worry about the more important stuff thank you.
  9. WitcherKing

I liked it. Nice job.
  10. Sharpe

Good job - however being "orchestral" in nature it gives it a TR vibe.
    Sounds very MIDI though?
    It would benefit alot from a program with better sampling like Reason 6. (Just a sugestion really)

As for so many people hating on the actual ingame NC music - I think it just developed as being cool to hate the NC soundtrack - like it's cool to hate on world of warcraft or justin bieber - everyone hates it because all the cool "kids" hate it.

It's really not half as bad as people make it out to be - I quite enjoy it.
  11. Terran537

I like this, it's not bad. The TR music always sounded awesome to me (not that the NC default isn't bad), but this is great. Too bad it probably won't get in the game, I'd like to listen to this when I log in.
  12. riker

this is so good i almost decided to fight for freedom.............bbbbbuuuuuuuuuuuuuuttttttttttt i think i like the vanu more.............could you make one for the vanu?
  13. DukeFlash

Pretty much what Charlie just said.

I do like the arrangement, a lot, but I can't stand .midi sounding files.

Edit: To be a little more constructive, I don't really like the first 10 seconds... almost a bit cartoony sounding?
    Not really sure how to describe it or what to suggest but I can only tell you. Maybe try just a drum intro, see what that's like.
  14. Zaik

I like it. I like it a lot more than the stuff that plays in game now.

Always preferred the TRs music too.
  15. Bill Hicks

Makes me want to recoil my way to freedom!
  16. the pestimist

Great music I hate feeling like a badass I like feeling how proud I am to choose nc so good for those who want feelings in a game I mean like tb made a top 10 list and game that gave him feelings got 1st so yeah vs feels pretty pointless the way the music sounds
    tr won peoples choice by a landslide this would boost nc peoples choice also do a vs one this could make it so next time there is a peoples choice everyone is 30 to 40% at least.
  17. the pestimist

18. Suroped

Ok, auraxium hit me with some nostalgy and i decided to bring this old masterpiece to my NC bros. Over 9000 hours on the site.
    Space America
    And a little gift for our VS friends - Vanu smiles upon you.
  19. PeanutMF

Personally I don't think orchestral automatically means TR or gives it a TR vibe, especially with the VS theme that was apparently played during the UES.

Also the NC one is amazing:

Funny, since to me the TR seemed the weakest of the three when played with a real orchestra, although it's possibly they simply didn't do it justice; perhaps it was simply because it was too similar to how it was in game.

I for one hope that the in game soundtracks can break away from the mindset that each faction has a single genre of music, because I love the orchestral VS theme.
  20. the pestimist

if like more emotional music not crap you listen to when you are bored. (the default music)