[NC] The Gauss Rifle - Who swears by it?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by IntergalacticYoghurt, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Xhaleon

Whenever I play Medic:

I swear by the GR-22 in a Biolab.
    I swear by the Gauss Rifle everywhere else.
    I swear I still have ~1300 kills to go to get Auraxium medals for both.

That should last me quite a while, eh? Every other gun at the moment is pure gravy.
    • Up x 1
  2. MrK

I came back here to thank the OP, it made me come back to stock Gauss, and I don't regret it any minute.
    I found my own, very simple, jack of all trade setup :
    Gauss , 2x Reflex, Laser Sight
    That's it :) No need for more.
    Still struggling short range (not pure CQC) against shielded HA, where the GR-22 is a winner. In every other situations, this combo is great enough
    • Up x 1
  3. nick779

the gr22 with a 1x and grip is my bread and butter medic setup, learn to counter the recoil and its incredibly accurate

i like the gauss rifle, but the gr22 just suits my playstyle better since i have no problem countering the heavy right recoil even with long range targets
  4. KnightCole

Having played the GR in VR yesterday, damn, I never noticed how much left and right recoil the GR has.......its no wonder I cant hit **** with it. the LMGs have a fraction of that recoil.
  5. Novmiech

Since playing around in the VR I now swear by the "Carnage-BR"; I seriously think it might be the best gun in the game - period.

It's 1k certs and I would buy it in a heartbeat - I would use it on every class of every faction if I had the ability. If you are NC: go. get. this. gun.
  6. IntergalacticYoghurt

I've had it for some time Nov. Have a quick look at this thread: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/nc-carnage-br-assault-rifle-discussion.86683/

It's a good gun.. but it's not without its drawbacks.
    In all honesty, I think it's the low damage drop-off which could, arguably, put it ahead of the GR-22.