NC on Ceres.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheAntiFish, Aug 25, 2013.

1. TheAntiFish

I ragequitted. That's how much you suck. I have never rage-quit in my life.

You people are like a bunch of headless chickens, with guns, who kill me more often than the bloody enemy forces.

So here it is.

If we're being trapped in spawn, and you people decide to continue spawning there firing out and achieving nothing. I will C4 you.
    If you cant be bothered to turn your lightning 30 degrees to avoid running me over, I will C4 you.
    If you blow up the terminals i'm in the middle of hacking, I will C4 you.

In fact you're going to have to try very hard just to avoid me C4'ing you.

Here are a few ways you may survive.

1. When being zerged by enemy tanks.... BRING YOUR OWN TANKS.
    2. When being zerged by enemy aircraft.... ANTI-AIR!
    3. When unsure if it's an enemy aircraft or not, Use your eyes. If it's not a liberator it will look different.
    4. When firing out of spawn. Stop and get out of the bloody spawn. Nobody else can run out past your fire without taking 50% damage from you moronic dickheads.
    5. If you're a squad/platoon leader. LEAD. There are ways that you can defeat large numbers of enemy with a small force without shouting SPARTAAAA and rocket spamming your own team.
    6. Co-ordinate ffs.

I've had my whine, i actually feel vaguely better.

But be warned, If you're NC and useless, I will probably C4 you.
    • Up x 3
  2. Torok

First
    • Up x 4
  3. Gendomaoken

"But be warned, If you're NC and useless, I will probably C4 you."
    You sir, are my hero.
    • Up x 2
  4. Lagavulin

I don't play on Ceres, but I have to say - OP get a feckin grip, it's a computer game! Play to enjoy, but you have no influence on others (why the hell should you) so if you don't enjoy it, try dsomething else. It's that simple!
  5. Pikachu

They are better than on Cobalt and has better population during night. :)
  6. Torok

Today i got teamkilled by 2 differenst NC MAXs, but that's not the big deal, it's the fact that they both had HACKSAWS.
    God help PLZ
    • Up x 1
  7. DramaticExit

The situation is nothing like as bad as the OP paints it, but it does have a grain of truth... Admittedly, ragey and over-reacty truth, but truth none the less.

Just one thing I want to address...

I'd disagree with this.

There are a few reasons why this is stupid.

If people will insist on jumping under the tracks of a tank that is moving at speed at the last possible moment, then there is pretty much nothing the driver can do to prevent the idiot from getting run over.

If people insist on standing still firing rockets ineffectually at something in the far distance, in a narrow passage, holding up the armour behind them and preventing them from moving, then the tank driver is well within their rights to just roll over the guy.

If lag compensation means they try to avoid you, and miss you by some distance on their screen, but you die anyway, that is not their problem.

If a tank is sliding down a slope (which happens for no god-damned reason sometimes, even on the most gentle of hills), and you happen to catch the rotten end of the luck, that is also not the tank driver's fault.

In short, you're not seeing what they're seeing. You might be the one getting in the way. C4ing those tanks hinders the team, does not help with coordination, and generally antagonises the completely innocent and well intentioned folks, who might have been about to make far more of an impact on the fight than you...
    • Up x 1
  8. Lord_Avatar

The NC on Ceres usually put up a very good fight (especially Indar-wise).
  9. TheAntiFish

Actually i haven't C4'd any vehicles, Those things usually have more than one person in and i'm not THAT out of order, But what i'm getting at with the vehicle TK's... well let me paint you a picture.

We've just taken a base and we're fighting our way to the next one. I'm an infiltrator, My EM4 is fully stocked and i'm aiming for the hill 400m in the distance that overlooks the base so i can tag sunderers and max's and so on. My path is clear, there are no friendlies nearby.
    SPLAT.
    "**** where did that come fro.. 'You have been killed by [Insert Friendly]..GOD DAMNIT!!!!"

This is a frequent occurence. The drivers on my team have zero situational awareness. (Apologies to those of you that aren't useless, You've picked up a lot of slack.)

As far as ragey over-reacting goes i would generally agree with you, But the alert that ended 5 minutes before i posted this...
    Christ i mean it was a catastrophe. I have never seen a group of people so unco-ordinated. It was so poor they would have almost had to group together and decide to be tactically impotent.

Then again it could simply be that i feel that we had a better class of random with Planetside 1. :(
  10. Greddy

lol, replace NC with TR, and you just wrote my thoughts on the TR Ceres
    • Up x 1
  11. nooblet91698

I have to say the same for the VS on Mattherson ;)
    • Up x 1
  12. Lord_Avatar

What you describe here is how the zerg performs. Running with an outfit is a whole different story (most of the time).
  13. TheAntiFish

Ah, The two outfits i did join were also pretty aimless. I should probably shop around.

(P.s I did specify this was a whine)
  14. Chipay

atleast they have the numbers to cover up their mistakes :p
  15. DramaticExit

yeah, there are a few times where I find myself wondering exactly how anyone managed to run me over... Like when I'm standing on top of one of the cliffs, entirely on my own, and suddenly a friendly harrasser mows me down out of absolutely nowhere.

I play NC on Ceres myself. My main is there. There's some awesome folks around. generally the GBX and MACS guys are pretty awesome, and coordinate between one another extremely well...

But you get the same stuff everywhere, I've found.
    There's always someone who'll sit in a spawn room and fire out of the windows to no great effect...
    There's always someone who will find a way to run you over, despite the fact you're standing at the top of an ammo tower...
    There's always someone who will stand directly infront of you and completely block your line of sight...
    When you're an infiltrator, there is always a medic who will helpfully make you glow bright freakin' green despite the fact you want to remain hidden...

Just gotta shrug and take it like a man. Move on and have fun with the folks who're not stupid. Most of thsoe stupid folks will eventually become experienced and effective players... Those who don't, will leave. Just give 'em some patience, and then in a few weeks you'll see a new freedom dispensing super-soldier emerge from the masses of nameless newbs.

Might just be the guy who saves your *** in the next fight, is the same one that accidentally dropped a tank mine under your MAX's feet instead of repairing you, just as the TR threw a grenade into the room.
    • Up x 3
  16. Liewec123

look out for HAMMERTIME because if you C4 me i'll repeatedly kill your @$$ ;)
    but yeah we need more of us pushing for points and less cowering behind spawn until the bases get taken.
    Jackhammers to the ready, CHAAAARGE!

although lately there have been TR tank zergs on every map every night which makes playing the game offensively near impossible.
    • Up x 3
  17. nooblet91698

I never get to detonate my C4 because someone else always shoots my C4 first and kills me.
    • Up x 2
  18. TheAntiFish

You're right i suppose, I'm going to have to just get on with it.

I just wish people could see what needed doing, and start doing it. As opposed to the current mentality of "Someone else will do that, I'm going to sit here and farm kills"

Remember NC if you see 12 medics fighting to res a corpse, We could probably use more medics! :cool:
  19. Torok

4th unique NC max killing me today with Hacksaws.. what is this treachery :eek:

I think 3/4 of the players in this game have no clue how to make things happen, they just stick to each other and follow the "flow" of the battle, and by 3/4 of players I mean all those low levels without squad or in trash ones :)
    It's not like they are Evil, it's just that they have no idea how to change the course of the battle and how to deal with each situation until told (if they even listen, I wonder what's the % of players actually reading chat, and hearing voice suggestions and stuff) It should get better eventually if the player base doesn't refresh too much
    • Up x 2
  20. MrMurdok

See, he thinks that way, because all of the Ceres TR are actually Ex-military, who follow orders to the death and will always listen to their squad leader/platoon leader/proxy chat/region chat

Also, they all have perfect situational awareness and will always pull the right class and repair the AMS.

Oh, no, wait a minute, no, no, my bad guys, I left my sarcasm switch toggled to on.
    • Up x 2