NC Medic Guns

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by anaverageguy, Dec 19, 2012.

1. anaverageguy

I couldn't find a post with the information I was looking for, so just throwing this out there.

I recently found an interest in playing as a medic, namely because there are times when assaults / defenses completely fall as people are picked off but the only medic in the area is busy shooting at the enemy, serving only to draw more fire.

My only issue with the stock NC medic weapon is that I cannot stand guns with diagonal recoil- it irritates me to no end.

So my question is this, are there any NC medic guns that have a recoil going straight up? (I'm still in the process of trying other guns.. so far they're all diagonal.)
    If not, which gun has recoil with the closest-to-vertical slope?
  2. ohmikkie

Not sure about NC weapons but have you tried using the fore-grip or switching to burst or single fire mode?
  3. }{ellKnight

My advice is try to get used to it. It might seem awkward at first but you get the hang of it after a while, Just go at the warpgate and fire at a wall till you manage to control it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ipecac

According to the usual spreadsheet, the only NC ARs with balanced horizontal recoil are the Reaper DMR and the new Carnage BR. I don't actually use either of these guns (or any NC guns), but judging by stats and reputation those guns basically exist on two ends of the range spectrum: Reaper is only really good for long range plinking if anything, Carnage is a hipfire hero though it seems to be slightly worse stat-wise than the GR-22. And if you prefer annoying leftward recoil to annoying rightward recoil, you may find the NS-11A to be right for you (though that gun is by most accounts excellent).
  5. irishroy

gauss S has vertical recoil, too.
    i nuse it with UB-Gl.
    it´s nice
    • Up x 1
  6. CruelPhilisopher

as was stated above a forward grip specifically reduces horizontal recoil so that alone might fix your problem. as far as the guns themselves go i have been trying to figure the specific differences out myself.

afaik i know all the gauss rifle variants have the same weapon stats but feat different fire modes and attachment options, on this link you can find which attachments fit where: http://planetside.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_Rifles

other than that i am afraid the best way to find out is to use the Trial option and have a go yourself. i found the GR-22 to be a beast in close quarters with a general low rather undirected recoil. the reaper dmr is tuned for longe range and considered to be rather weak overall.

i think the general thing about PS2 is that mostly there is no "best choice" either in infantry weapons or for vehicle slots. everything has its up and downsides and you should probably equip the right loadout for the purpose. You need to storm a tech plant ? a shotgun or fast firing low range rifle is probably best. you are defending from cover ? get something with a scope and high accuracy...

cheers
  7. irishroy

everything has his pros and cons
    that´s nice and good
    in most of the F2P there are OP and UP guns.
    but not here :D
    you can easily own somebody with the standardgun^^
  8. anaverageguy

I find it hilarious that so many people that don't know the answer to my questions any better than I did bothered to reply.

For those that are looking for the same information as I was, the Carnage assault rifle is the only one that fits. It has horizontal left right deviation bad enough to match the SAW, which is to say it's also just as manageable.
  9. Mikeel

I actually love the starter NC assault rifle. And I do have 500-600 kills with it (and yes, I do rez and heal people - maxed meditool..).
    IMO it is a very good all purpose weapon. I absolutely destroy with it at low to medium range with a laserpointer+2x reflex sight.
    All the NC weapons I have tried so far are pretty bad a long range (unless on single fire), but then Again, I started out as playing as TR ;)
    The horizontal recoil is VERY easy to manage IMO.
  10. Daswen

Dont bother with spreadsheets, try NS11-A. This gun is really accurate, and honrizontal recoil on it is almost inexistant. Put a forward grip on, and you got a gun with half-inexistant vertical recoil :)
  11. Rabbitofdoom

Actualy basic one with foregrip is also very decent option for those who dont want to sink that many certs in geting NS-11
  12. Garrix

If you used the gr22 at all you will love the carnage, it's essentially a clone with more attachment options. I am currently using the carnage with compensator and advanced forgrip, it's much more effective at range than you would think from the rapidfire nature.
  13. Zwan

personally i find the Reaper dmr an awesome gun. very good at close to long range. it does require you to be a good shot though as it only has a 20round clip and has a bit more recoil then the gr22. i still go back to the 22 every so often to see if i like it better, but so far i prefer the reaper much more. Piston shotty is pretty good on a medic too
  14. Bill Hicks

NS -11 all the other NC guns are trash
  15. Streetrip

Carnage has the most balanced horizontal recoil. It has a punishing first shot kick back. Successive shots are a bit more manageable. According to what you're describing, that's what you want to look for. Trial it first to see if it suits.

Now that's out of the way, I would like to say that for all NC troops, it's worthwhile investing time into managing recoil, burst firing, using that single shot feature. With single shot, some calm nerves and a steady aim, you can work miracles with the default Gauss Rifle. It has the fastest bullet velocity of all assault rifles as far as I'm aware and if you have the opportunity to aim for the headshots, it hits hard. Eventually you'll find with the NC assault rifles, it'll take you a third of the shots to kill than others because they're just jamming hard on that trigger content with letting every third shot fly past.
  16. Rabbitofdoom

Did a Carnage trial yesterday feels to be much better CQB weapon than stock gaus even with foregrip. Long range it feels slightly worse but could be caused by having to get used to different recoil ,rof and having to use iron sights. Could be also caused by gaus rifle natural recoil compensation for bullet drop leting score 1-2 hits in 3-4 round burst while aiming at target upper chest.
  17. Vargs

I thought this whole "NC guns suck" thing was overstated nonsense until I tried the NS-11. Now it's hard to go back to any other gun, or any other class. So good. Not the greatest at point blank, but I don't tend to find myself engaging at those ranges all too often as a medic.
  18. Rhapsody

personaly i use the Gause Burst S (or Gause S? whichever it is called). Mainly becauase i like the optio to fire off 2 round bursts, or go full auto, while still having the single-fire option. Is recoil is more vertical than horizontal (or so it seems to me anyway).
  19. }{ellKnight

Thing is a lot of VS and TR people praise that gun for the same reasons. It's a very good gun.
  20. xyc

NS11-A is hands down the easiest gun to control, good at short - medium range. CQC and long range are a bit meh though.
    Carnage BR is harder to control, but imo as effective in short - medium range as the NS11-A but also good at CQC, long range is meh.

If u're just starting out with ARs pick up the NS11-A get ur 1150 kills and then either switch to the Carnage or keep using the NS11-A.