NC low win-rate - where is the balance?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trizadd, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lsp1

What this guy said. What has been said since 2012 when this game came out. Game is unbalanced, always has been. At an attempt to make the factions feel different, they failed in balance. Should have just been every factions weapons have the same stats but with different appearances.
    Then the game would be balanced. When you can win a fight because your weapon is better than mine, easier to use etc, that's not skill. That's unbalanced non sense.
    Some of you should try playing simulators, Squad is a great game for example. No non sense unbalanced ****, just guns that kill people when you shoot them. No stupid game mechanics like CoF and different recoil for each faction that effect your gameplay. If you can keep the sights on the target, you hit them. And they die, end of story. Modded ArmA, etc.
    • Up x 1
  2. LaughingDead

NC gets the worst players argument is simply bull. Imagine if you rolled a random number on a 3 result coin or die, the result should be that each one is coming out about the same, the data here is showing that not only are NC consistently losing more but that the VS are winning more and the TR are consistently middle ground. That would have to be saying that the VS always get the best players and TR always get the mediocre players, saying that result is always happening 5/6 times on each server is a pretty friggin big stretch that it's all "in your head" or "it's a psychological factor".

As unlikely as it is, even if that's the best argument people can come up with (either to prevent an NC buff or difference in gameplay) steps should still be taken to correct the imbalance. Saying that "its hopeless" or "there's no solution" leads the devs to believe that NC needs a better advantage in the fight or the other two need less in one. If the answer is that there truly is no solution for NC to be in the running and players continue to mock or ridicule NC for having the worst players will only motivate people to stop playing NC, leading it into a downward spiral of which of the two factions left can beat the other, if one truly wins then there is no conflict, only results, results are not why you play games, it is the challenge, if people believe only one side is to truly lose or truly win then they simply don't try. That would be the death of a great game like planetside, I would HATE to see that just because people wanted one group of other players to be under their thumb, balanced weapons or otherwise.
  3. freeAmerish

It´s often a lack of leadership - teamplay, when you switch from NC to VS/TR you will probably find more coordinated squads
    and platoons. This effects an alert.
  4. Slandebande

*Sigh*, this is going to be a long one.

The Vanguard can climb the exact same mountains the Prowler can, it just takes preperation and route planning (but so does the Prowler, especially compared to the Magrider). I'm perfectly capable of simply choosing an alternate route and surprising my enemies by coming from there. I don't need to "jump over mountains" very often to reach my flanking positions, but I do know my terrain pretty well though.

Yeah if you only look at DPS the Prowler has the advantage, but that isn't all there is to it, especially when flanking. Since you often give the impression you don't flank much, I'll try to list a few things coming into play.
    • High alpha from the Vanguard is very nice to have, and enables you to easily dispatch wounded foes without giving them a split-second to react (for instance, to use Shield).
    • If flanking properly in many fights, you can isolate enemies (or at least small groups of enemies) and take advantage of the Shield
    • Using Shield often has a demotivating effect on enemies, so that, in situations where they would've normally kept firing till their death, they KNOW it is useless, so they turn tail and try to run. Often they even bail from their tanks, rendering them not a threat much quicker, for that reason. It happens surprisingly often if you get the jump on enemies. Most people won't even attempt to fight a Vanguard jumping them.
      • Demotivating them quicker means they are in the fight a shorter amount of time (often not even joining the fight to begin with) meaning there are less enemies available to spot you and keep you engaged.
      • Often you don't even have to use the Shield itself, since the fact that the enemies KNOW you have Shield is enough to demotivate them.
    • The Prowler relies on volume of fire, meaning the audio/visual ques are greatly increased, making it MUCH easier for additional enemies to spot your location.
    • The Prowler itself doesn't mesh that well with Stealth, as you are exposed for a much longer time-period on the minimap compared to a Vanguard, even if done perfectly (not using Anchor, and with a Halberd, not a GK of course).
      • Using a GK and/or Anchor, makes it pretty much impossible for you to stay hidden on the minimap while firing due to a constant stream of fire.
    • Fighting against Vanguards always leaves the risk that they will try and turn and fight using Shield (yes, you will win against one, but not against 2).
      • Using the Shield enables them to increase the TTK drastically (especially if they also turn their hull like they should), meaning they are able to keep you spotted and call out your position for a longer time (and damage you).
    • Etc. etc.
    I'll also give an example: Flanking Prowlers on a cliff, while they are Anchored and firing at your allies below. You (and your gunner of course) open on the rear of one Prowler, and immediately duck down into cover. Now, if done correctly, (you are using Stealth for flanking right?) you can duck down into cover before they turn around (make sure to coordinate your fire with your gunner) and due to Stealth, you are invisble on the map after only ½ a second (typically only the experienced tankers will react fast enough to spot you on the minimap).
    The Prowlers are very unlikely to have good situational awareness due to them relying on steady streams of fire to be effective (even more-so with the GK), meaning there is a good chance for them to be distracted. Suddenly bursting away more than 50% of their HP makes them panic, and they know they cannot survive a similar volley. Their only option is to practically Unachor, and drive straight down the cliff they were firing from. This has several effects, one being they most likely won't even spot you due to their panic. Another is they most likely don't want to fight back, as they will either bail from the tank, or pursue my aforementioned escape path.
    Now, since their allies are typically relying on the aforementioned steady stream of fire, they are much less likely to notice something going on behind them (especially if they only hear a sound every 3½ seconds or so, compared to every ½ second for the Prowler), enabling you to keep the flank going without being detected for much longer in many situations.

Irrelevant when it comes to whether the Vanguard is capable of flanking. The Magrider cannot either, unless it uses the Saron, and even then, it isn't an instagib, as it takes around the same time to unload, as it takes for the Prowler to fire 2 shots. I'm sure the Enforcer can produce the same effect if you are worried about Lightnings screwing up your flanks :rolleyes: If you go on about range, the Saron+FPC cannot instagib a Lightning from behind if there is any form of range (meaning the Saron won't be able to magdump). With the GK, the Prowler cannot instagib a Lightning either, just for the record. And according to every non-TR that whines about the GK, EVERYONE uses the GK, so the other cases are moot, right?

Not on them being ********, but perhaps on you being able to out-think them (or simply out-play), or just the enemy being careless. You aren't ******** if you get flanked once in a while by competent enemies, but you are ******** if you get flanked all the time :cool: You'd be surprised how far a little bit of patience can get you in this game.

Well according to every non-TR every single Prowler is sporting either a Vulcan or a GK. If they don't want to lessen their DPS advantage, they will have to keep firing, meaning they have less time to "look around from time to time". If you are using the Halberd for instance, you have a good time window to look around between EVERY reload, which is much harder to do with the GK. Yeah, you can look around when you aren't immediately firing at enemies, but you enemy (who is flanking you) can see you are not firing, and can simply wait 30 seconds. Also, 10 Prowlers looking around from time to time? I'll choose 10 Lancers and instagib them from anywhere. Simple stuff. Or just get 10 Vanguards and start focus-firing them down with single shots (and then going back into cover). A good way to accomplish this (I've done it) is going outside your tank, go up and spot the enemies before moving out to shoot. Call the positions (also names, for good measure and to limit confusion), and time your movements. The Prowlers will die before they can un-anchor (½ a second). You don't even need to flank them. THAT's what Alpha does for you. I've never feared (or even been terribly annoyed) by Prowlers at long range, and I've often enjoyed picking the fights with them and either destroying them or forcing them back.

And I'll happily say it again: If you cannot hit stationary targets at whatever ranges you are firing at, you need more practice :)

"Halfway" is incredibly vague and open to interpretation, so that is what I'll do. I wouldn't consider people finding my on a flank to be dangerous, especially in a Vanguard. Out on the flank it's often small isolated battles, which the Vanguard excels at. I'd be more worried about running into a Vanguard/Prowler as a Magrider in such a "Oh hi!" situation.

You are the one claiming that 1v1's don't happen often. I can force them upon my enemies rather often though, and even pick 1v2 fights that I can reliably win. You also claimed the Vanguard is incapable of flanking. Both things imply you are sitting back within the safety of your allies, like a zergling, instead of accomplishing things on your own like a tanker. And "if you ain't flanking, you ain't tanking". But feel free to prove me wrong.

Having spent a lot of time in a tank doesn't make one a tanker, the person could just as likely be a simple farmer (not saying you are, just an example). It's the way you use your tank the makes you a tanker, a farmer, etc.

Let me get this straight, you claim the VG is incapable of flanking. I then say it isn't, as I'm able to use it to great effect, as are many tankers. Then you accuse me of being in a MLG bubble, when the truth is, there are plenty of people out there capable of using their Vanguard for effective flanking maneuvers, not just MLG-ready players. Nice logic. I'm also not the one that is seemingly unable to hit stationary enemy targets at anything longer than 250m for some reason (since you feel like you cannot fight back against Prowlers) :confused:

I agree. But not to the same points you do. And don't give me the TR-bias ********, I've spent as much time an a Vanguard as you have, and more time in a Magrider than you have the Vanguard. On top of that I have the Prowler. Calling me biased towards the TR (when I barely play TR anymore, except with IRL friends) is silly.

I'd love to see you backup that claim with evidence. Looking at the last months worth of stats, shows the GK-H underperforming compared to the Saron/Enforcer, and the Vulcan being in between the Aphelion/Mjolnir. I don't see anything implying the gross imbalance you are claiming is present. Yeah, the average BR of the TR users is *slightly* lower, but even correcting for that doesn't show an imbalance. I'm of course mainly looking at AV weapons here.

Regarding AI weapons, the PPA is of course barringly useless, which is reflected in the stats. But when it comes to the Marauder/Canister, there isn't that much of a difference (although the TR are ahead here, I'll give you that).

I've already gone over this, and I love picking long-range fights with Prowlers. It is risk-free for me, and I can more often than not kill them, or force them back. Forcing them back to repair opens up the field for me, and allows me to move closer, or out to a wider flank. I can flank perfectly well in the Northern Indar, it just often requires a serious detour. I do that in a Prowler and a Magrider, and I ALSO do it in a Vanguard. Northeren Indar also does have cover available, especially against targets 300+m away.

Most range-limited infantry-based AV has a maximum range of 300m, so I assume you mean longer ranges than that right?

Well, they aren't obliterating me, especially at 400m :confused:

Or you can start firing back from your covered position, forcing the Prowler to back down. Firing upon enemies (and spotting them) also has the side-effect of making it easier for your allies to be able to pin-point their position, greatly increasing your odds of putting them down. Especially aircraft are prone to helping someone already firing at a tank. As I've already covered, a steady stream of fire generally attracts attention. It also sounds like you have experienced this more than once. In that case, it can help trying to anticipate such occurences, especially when they are likely to occur (look at the battle flow, which bases the enemy can pull from, other nearby battles etc etc) and setup a trap. I've done it often.

Oh, and I can pretty often kill targets at 400m with the Vanguard, but it is generally only under 2 circumstances: One being I (or my gunner) identifies a wounded target, typically from seeing it engaging other tanks, and landing a good side/rear armor volley can finish them off. The other is when it is clear I'm firing at inexperienced targets, that either start panicing, and/or don't know what to do when taking fire. Of course there are also enemies that have blatantly overextended as well.

For the record, I think my record long-distance kill is a 700-750m kill on a Vanguard in my Magrider (after asking the driver he told me I did ~85% of the damage with my FPC, my gunner was occupied at the time). In my Prowler I've taken out some targets at similar ranges (upwards of 800m), but often at differing elevations. I don't find any of the tanks to be very inferior to the others at such ranges (except for issues with the FPC-shot stops rendering on my screen sometimes at long distances), since it is so skill dependant. The Prowler has a slight accuracy advantage (~18% faster velocity than a Vanguard when Anchored). The same 18% also mean that if the effective range of the Prowlers main cannons is set to be say, 400m, the Vanguard should be equally effective at 328m (400*0,82). Something which it sounds like you don't agree with. Of course, the GK is on top, but the GK at 400m is not really a threat at all, and is still going to miss quite a bit.

Well, yes, if you mean it as I wrote it: "if you are stupid enough to charge straight at them in plain view without cover" :eek:. That implies you aren't even trying to flank them, but just move in from the front (where they are already facing). Even in Northern Indar I can flank, since the terrain isn't perfectly flat, and moving enough to the side generally takes you out of the field of view of most enemies. And unless those 10 Prowlers don't have cover whatsoever, it is definitely possible to sneak up quite close. Even then, you don't really have to get that close to them in order to effectively push them back. Yeah, you won't be doing it 1v10 (unless they are ********), but you won't be doing much 1v10 in the other tanks either (again, unless they are ********).

Aye I guess it is natural for some people have a defeatist attitude, whilst others strive to overcome challenges. When taking fire from long-range, I often find it helpful, as it helps me locate potential nests of enemy vehicles, and gives me potential flanking targets. As soon as I see such a "nest", I'm already considering flank angles, routes to the angles, potential for enemy aircraft etc. But of course, I'm rarely in the middle of friendly zergs, so I'm not often taking fire from 400+m away :p I'm of course not claiming you should immediately leave cover and charge/engage them.

In at least 80% of all combat situations I can put cover between myself and any enemies potentially firing at me from a hex away (save from infantry-AV in some situations). Also, all this "a hex away" needs to stop, it is incredibly vague. A hex can be anywhere from 100m across to many many hundreds of meters. I doubt you claim Prowlers can land accurate fire at 500m for instance, unless you are stationary or VERY predictable. If there isn't room to move forward, I will often take the fight to the Prowlers, forcing them back to repair, enabling me to push forward. If they are guarding something like a frozen river in Esamir, it is still possible to flank them taking a longer route (not following roads neccesarily of course!).

Or, you could, I don't know, check your surroundings beforehand and routinely during your stay in the area.

Then how come pushes against the TR even happen at all? Wouldn't they just be able to stop it from 400m away every single time? According to you, they are the only ones capable of it, they destroy/obliterate everything, no one can fight back at those ranges, there is only rarely cover available to protect them, etc etc. With all the reasons you give, you make it sound like it is impossible to push up against Prowlers, and the TR in general.

So now being able to land shots on stationary targets makes me a "leetzor"? :D I wasn't aware that a comprehension of basic skills makes someone elite, but whatever floats your boat mate.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this one o_O Lets get this straight: YOU made a claim, I then asked you to back up said claim with the evidence/statistics you said it was based upon. You then put the burden of proof unto me, which is pathetic. Backup your OWN claims with statistics, instead of making other people refute your baseless claims. I'm appalled at that argument, and I honestly hope you refrain from such silly things in the future. Back your own statement up, or come clean and admit it wasn't based upon numbers (at least not ones that aren't obviously biased).
    • Up x 1
  5. Slandebande

I split up my replies for the sake of ease-of-reading.

I based it off someone elses comment about the NC winning a good amount of alerts during prime-time, which is a MUCH better indicator of people just using ALL alerts (even the ones in the middle of the night).

Personally I think anywhere with balanced populations and good combat is fine. But for good measure, I would screenshot every single continent at the times you wanted to take the shots, for completeness sake. Be sure to include times of day! That way people will have a much harder time accusing you of cherry-picking.

What I'm getting from your picture: TR are overpopped, with NC being in the middle. Furthermore, it doesn't look like the TR are engaging the VS much, meaning it seems like you have 2 factions on top of you. I wouldn't be surprised if you were pushed nearly back to your warpgate thanks to that, but I don't see anything putting the blame on NC itself. All of this is deducted from a single frame, which can be misleading, so take it with a grain of salt of course.

I generally used the sniper-example because it was the first that came to mind. But yes, starting weapons should (in my opinion) be somewhat equal in accessability/usability, which they currently aren't. I personally felt cheated when I found out the NC starting with a bolt-action and the TR/VS didn't. It made quite a big difference in MY world.

I also think people are attributing too much to the newer players. Yes, their numbers can change a battle, but generally not because of their weapons (they help of course) but more often because shoving a huge amount of bodies down one lane, helps give the more experienced players "meatshields" or simply the ability to hide in the masses and to their work. Two equally skilled and size groups fighting, with one having 20 rookies on their side, isn't going to be fun for the rookies since they will be slaughtered regardless. But the 20 extra targets make a big deal when it comes to target selection for their enemies, since they will have more options, and thus have a harder time selecting "prime" targets, and staying on a low profile. That's just my 2 cents though of course, but I really doubt we can attribute (m)any potential lost alerts to the NC starter weapons and the rookies wielding them.

The dmg-absorb and AV-support functions are both perfectly fine for the NC-HA's, but I agree there could potentially be less of them. Has ANY research ever been done on this subject? (Specifically whether certain factions use HA's more than others, and then correlating with increases in usage of other classes?). Do the NC simply sport more medics than the other factions for instance? Or more MAX'es? Now such an occurence could potentially turn the situation upside-down, which is why I would love to see someone look into it (it doesn't have to be you of course, just putting it out there).
  6. Taemien

I get what you are trying to say, and most of what you say is right. Its kinda funny the myths that float around this community about the NC:

1. NC attract the worst players.

This doesn't even make sense. I hear claims that the 'freedom' aspect attracts players who don't like to work together and are considered the 'unwashed' masses. I didn't know being for human rights and the like made you a bad player in a video game. Or somehow the color blue attracts the 'good guys'.

2. NC has a lack of leadership.

I remember sitting outside the TR warpgate at Crater Firing Range for not hours, nor days, not even weeks. But months. This was before continent locking. You see continent locking does one thing for the losing side. When a continent unlocks, it gives them breathing room on a new continent. But back on track... I've seen NC win alerts and dominate them. I've been both in the NC and fighting against it when it does so. It does it like every other faction. In addition they've won most organized events both official (server smash, and world record) and unofficial skirmishes.

Leaders come and go on all factions. NC doesn't always have a lack of them.

3. NC TK's the most.

This is false. Typically the NC has about 12-15% more players which does result in a more net TK's. But when you divide that number by number of players. That gives you a number of 15 per person, 18 for VS. VS per person is actually the TKing faction

4. NC loses most alerts.

I've always said that NC wins when it matters. This applies here as well. When people look at total alert wins. The data always goes back to October 2014 to present. Yes.. NC has like 22% versus the VS and TR getting about 38-40% each. At the first glance people would say that NC only wins about a quarter of the time when they should be getting a third.

What the data doesn't show is the VS overpop on the NA servers in 2014-2015 skewing the results. The overpop happened in the wee hours of the night for both servers, mainly Connery. Basically everyone who spoke a common (non-english) language chose the same faction and ran together.

Not to mention there's been many balance changes since 2014. And even since 2015. The data simply isn't good. The best way to see trends especially with the new construction update is to count the alert wins and continent captures During PRIMETIME for each server and see how NC is doing there.

And alert wins aren't the best indication of a faction's prowess either. Many alerts are skipped on Hossin for example. And alerts can be ceded if doing so means getting important VP elsewhere. For example if I'm playing NC on Indar, and have 13 VP, but not alot of territory. VS has 2 VP and most of the territory. And I have a Hive near a warpgate. It makes better sense to protect the HIVE then it does to try to go for the alert. If they win the alert, they go to 7VP, and not be close to winning.

Alerts used to be the only thing we had, but not quite so much now. The better indicator is how many times a faction flips a continent. Judging by the lack of purple and the amount of Blue on Connery's continent tabs. I'd say they're doing well there.
  7. Fraecker

The problem is that many TR-Player did not want to figth against overpowerd VS*, so they fight against NC too and thats why NC loose against 2.

* Climbing Tanks with booster and every Scythe Noob can fly backwards ;-)

I did not think that the new system, that balance the count of player, will change that, but we will see.
  8. DragenoidHighLord

You can't say "Oh NC suck cuz they don't win alerts and lock continents down " well that doesn't mean anything serious,no one counts those things and recieve any goodies from it,its just a number you people keep brining up so you can rub it in our NC faces that we suck and you don't.Well you obviously were not in the morning time on Amerish where NC was attacked by both VS and TR and both eventually took all the points and then NC took it all back and pushed both VS and TR into their spawn areas and that went on back and forth for about few hours and yet still NC was dominating both factions even tho you claim they were "amazing" but you negolect the reason each faction is the way it is.

TR are in general good ,but get down to the DPS they just suck,they suck a big one in that department because this is by normal balistic standards that if you want to get more bullets out of a magazine you sacrifice the strenght of each shot and power of longer range engagements.So as much as you swear by your Chainguns and rapid fire weaponry,the butcher,they don't do the damage you think they do,its the numbers and sometimes numbers lose.

VS-Well future advancements,if they are easy well they might as well be,but thats the price of such weapons.You get next to no drop but you can see a shot from a mile away,in all honesty you could dodge some shots and know where he was at.Lancer is a must be accurate ,you get a cookie and punishment for failure weapon,it rewards accuracy and punishes sloopy aiming.Im pretty sure Artemis (a cyan sort of blue rifle) with a silencer is barely audiable and the most silenced weapon in the game.Magrider,well its a very comfort based tank that can climb stuff but its a bad tank to use in a closer encounter because of the turret of other 2 since they have the satisfaction to be more versitile on the battlefield due to Magriders cannon being up or down autonomous movement and not needing to move the whole tank.

NC-I'll admit the synonim for "HEAVY" and in all honesty they are the beefiest faction and that is both a blessing and a curse.I mean the Vanguard shield is like grabbing "Invincible" in Unreal Torunament and with the gun a Vanguard has acces to its in all honesty more satifying then shooting to balls of explosive confete at them.Weaponry is a "killer" (pun intended) NC hits the hardest and you may say "Railjack sucks why would you pick that piece of crap gun?" well be suprised if i told you its a good weapon and you don't know your sniper rifles very well.Your fancy semi auto guns and burst fire shots may be what gets you kills but most of the time you can take that thing and hipfire it in someones face.Tho snipping is everyones how every they want deal.But its shotguns NC will ******** you so hard you wouldn't even be able to sit.Reaver has a shotgun cannon and its a damm good one,Jackhammer has a shotgun and its a shell dispenser.You may laugh behind your scopes while crouching invisible and all other players,but at least we will be outstanding in CQC (which means base combat like Bio Labs, some other bases i frankly don't know name of) meaning they are ment for base capture and up in your grill.

Also regards of organized and TKs,well would you be able to do any better as an NC,your mindset is diffrent,since your weapons don't punish you as much as NC weapons do_Organized wise,you can't say you don't sometimes overkill it with squads and end up creating a zerg or trying to even the ods by making a massive push across the board.
  9. Money

cool story bro.......
  10. Atis

I play all 3 factions, last year mostly Miller NC.

i don't have much problem with NC recoil, it's predictable, therefore controlable. I played only VS before trying NC and Mercenary/NC1 were working fine for me since first minute.

NC is TK faction. Statistically they TK less but almost all ******* who willingly TKed me were NC. VS got massive TK numbers from magriders roadkills, VS and TR got tryhards with explosives but fewer people who TK willingly or consistently ignoring friendlies in front of their gun.

I see less decent leaders among Miller NC. That BHO platoons that try to herd cats often perform worse than random pubs without squads. Sitting on alert continent for hours, farming random base at 100 SPM, while having like 30-40% of all NC pop - typical BHO. That's how we lose alerts. When VS/TR are smart enough to feed some people to BHO, they can lock huge chunk of NC pop out of meaningful fights.

What NC really lack is serious long range AV. Ravens are OP, no objections here but they are capped at 350m and you need to pull MAX to even try to reach that hillhumping tanks. TR already had lockdown prowlers, now they get point-and-click-at-render-range GK on top of that prowlers. VS got charge-up plinkers - weak without numbers but usable from cover. NC got meh Titan on slow platform.

So yea, it's mostly players fault, but some AV revamp would help a bit.
  11. H4YW1R3

Here's a good example of how NC/Emerald loses...

[IMG]

Here's PHX zerging 48-96 on a TR base cut off from their warp gate with no defenders. And the base just before it (also cut off) had 1 or 2 defenders. Meanwhile Freyr Amp was being taken by the TR in a 48-96 vs 48-96 battle. The TR had arrived there with a large force and set up on the points. The NC only had 48-96 later in the fight. NC could've used more reinforcements to break TR entrenchment on the points.

But what can you expect from PHX? They're just like AOD, 382, and DaPP. Cancer.
  12. Tr34

So when will we see a balance patch? NC is being rekt by TR and VS everyday. I flied with scythe today, it's so easy mode vs Reavers A2A.
  13. Garedar

These numbers have to many other factors involved . Time of day/night time zones create
  14. FieldMarshall

Winning alerts doesent automatically translate to unbalanced weapons/vehicles.
    I think you should look up what a fallacy is.
  15. Cheetoh

NC benefit the most from coordinated assaults, and benefit the least from lone wolf players.

All those hard hitting weapons in combination can really steamroll, but they lack some gear that makes solo (or small team) play easier - like AV chainguns, gatekeeper, fast mobile armor, longer range AI maxes, high RPM small CoF guns, etc.

It just requires more teamwork to win, IMO.
  16. rahte

We have to do it. We have such bad equipment, that if the TR or VS start to spawn with at least 2 minutes or even 1 minute of time, they would retake that base, or we would have extended fight...and we will loose. I have seen it many times. Better secure one win, that loose two of them. Thing is that can be irrational, from the perspective of player that have at least balanced equipment, is completly justified from perspective of player whose equipment does not work at all. Even TK in NC can be easly explained by this.

Best Regards.
  17. rahte

In my experience. When ppl start to create theories like: "If you will stand on head, and clap your ears twice, the your equipment will work" (Slandebande rediculus theories about vanquard) or "It is your foult that your equipment is a peace od junk" (Cheetoh i.e. or any person that say tha NC have bad players)... those are only rationalizations. They have nothing in common with facts or even with rational thinking. Facts are: nomber of continets closed, nomber of alerts that NC won in global scale, and smaller scale average K/D ratio of players (without 20% best and worst players). If one fraction have significantly lower stats, than something do not work.

Why ppl do create those rationalizations? One of the reasons might be the thing, that they would have to admit, that they are winning over underpowered and badly equipped enemy, and their skill have nothing to do with it.
    • Up x 1
  18. jmdafk

personally i think the NC weapons are fine.
    They are harder hitting and easier to land on target than TR weapons. Even up close the NC get the jackhammer which in itself can render any one on one engagment indoors totally one sided.
    AV wise the Vanguard is easily the best tank. Its slow, but has the best armour, most powerful main gun and the velocity of the rounds make it pretty easy to land every round on target.
    It might not rack up infantry kills like a spawn camping mag or lockdown prowler, but itll flank and break enemy defenses like no other ground vehicle. A certed up vanguard will cut through prowlers like they are toys.
    Another battle changer is the max. A TR max can only lay down covering fire or distract enemy fire. An NC max can clear a room in seconds. I dont fear a TR max in the slightest. But ill run for the nearest toilet if i see an nc max.
    Ive also seen an increase in NC maxes using the sheild. This is hugelly effective, just sat there absorbing fire and basically making any infantry advance ill advised. Lockdown is dispacted with an RPG or AV nade in a matter of seconds. The sheild NC max will stop a 15man advance dead. Ive even seen it used to force an advance and gain ground without firing a shot!

The problem i see in the game is the factions have there differences and while in many ways they are balanced, imbalances occur very easily depending on location, exponents etc.
    But thats part of the fun. Well, apart from being TR and getting your bottom violated by NC and VS maxes, both in AI and AV form.
  19. LaughingDead

You're really downplaying the TR stuff huh.
    Its not like gatekeeper prowlers snipe vehicles at 700 meters or magriders dodging rounds and getting into bases with barely any effort. Oh sure vanguard has a shield every minute but it doesn't do enough to stop damage. /s

Let's say that for a moment that all factions were doing the same performance wise, all of them were balanced, all of them do well and every third time they win, what would the stats look like? 1/3 wins across the board, but here's the thing, it doesn't say that. The stats say that NC lose the most across all servers, tr do second best and vs do the best. If there isn't a weapon imbalance, what is going on here? Let's say that all weapons are balanced, everything to the last decimal, what should be done to correct the imbalance? Why correct it if weapons are fine? Because if one faction starts getting dominated it's not a far step from only two factions being left and then it turns to one, thats the last thing I want to see.
  20. rahte

And this is a kind of answers that I was talking about in my previous posts.

In my prevois posts I was talking about two groups of rationalizations of basic facts...or denying. One is: "If you will stand on head, and clap your ears twice, the your equipment will work" and the other on is "It is your fault that your equipment is a piece of junk". I think we can create another one: "It deasnt matter facts. Everything works just fine.".

The facts are: NC loose most of the games ergo the game is not balanced leaving one fraction far behind others.

And right now all together. Deep breath and let's ignore the facts together. :)

jmfk You are describing reality that does not exists.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.