NC low win-rate - where is the balance?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trizadd, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rahte

You claimed that, GK have lower DPS than Enforcer, when proven wrong, You are saying that they are "theoretical one" ??? Those are simple things called: game mechanics and mathematics. The thing that data do not support Your statements doesn't mean that they are corrupted.

You are claiming that "smart play" is the key factor, but You making exaples on things that EVERY ONE DO. Everyone. You are discovering america once agin, for persons who already know things like:
    - Terrain can be use in combat for cover
    - Flanking is usefull
    - Thinking works

Those are the basic things that people do. Sorry to be a little hash, but If those things are NEW to You, is doesn't mean that they are new to others.

And for Prowler/VAnny DPS.... because You havent shown any calculations, just statements, and because You statements about GK/Enforcer were proven wrong.... calculate it by Your self, then show Your calculation here to future veryfication.
  2. Slandebande

No, YOU claimed the GK had higher DPS than the Enforcer to begin with. Therefore you have the burden of evidence, and have to show it is different. You listed a calculation, which, based upon the video evidence I replied with, was based upon errorneous data and didn't represent what happens in actual gameplay.

Here, I'm assuming how it functions in LIVE play (practical), not how you calculate it based on (incorrect) data from a website (theoretical). Go make a test yourself on Live Servers and show us the evidence. The GK does NOT out-DPS the Enforcer, and until you prove the GK does in fact out-DPS the Enforcer, I will stand by what I wrote. And I also stand by the burden of evidence lying on YOUR shoulders, especially since I've actually added the latest by of evidence which you seemingly haven't even looked at.

Did you even see the GIF I posted? I can also post the thread it was included in if you really need it. But I'm arguing that what actually happens on Live Servers is prefferable compared to what you can calculate of (likely incorrect) data. There is a difference between theory and practice, and in this case, I value practice over theory, as it can easily be tested.

Nope, most people really aren't doing that. They probably know it is a good idea when they come online to discuss things, but there is a difference between knowing what is a good idea, and actually putting it to practice. All I'm saying is, those EXACT mechanics (and some additional ones of course) are the ones that enable me to practically shrug off the threats of GK's everywhere, even while many people are complaining about how they keep dying to it. I'm simply sharing my experience that works flawlessly at countering Prowlers (and GK's), like it or not. And I'm seeing plenty of people (by far the majority) that aren't following those very principles. I see it both when I'm driving a Prowler myself, and when I see others attacking Prowlers.

You can disregard it for all I care, but so far you haven't refuted why any of those things won't render the GK MUCH less effective in practically all the situations people complain about.

Are you SERIOUSLY claiming that EVERYONE in this game flanks, uses cover appropriately, doesn't overextend etc etc? If so, our discussion ends here, as you need to spend more time on live servers noticing how bad people actually are, on average. If people weren't so bad, the GK wouldn't be so popular either, which is a great example.

Good job at resorting to personal attacks there, without being clever about it at all. Of course they are new things to me, since I'm the one suggesting them, right? :rolleyes: If you want to start making sense at ANY point in time (and perhaps contribute to an actual discussion), feel free to let me know.

I've shown something better than theoretical DPS calculations, namely data from live servers.

They haven't been proven wrong, you just seemingly chose to ignore the evidence I posted, which actually trumps your evidence which is likely based upon errorneous data. I actually included an apology for coming off so strong, but with the new comments you've added, without even considering the video evidence I posted, I regret that.

I've 1-upped you, as I've shown a video demonstrating your claim is wrong. How about you follow up and make a video yourself if you believe you are right?

If you aren't even going to look at the things I write/post, then this is an discussion I don't feel like I need to be a part of, as it is more like 1-way communication than an actual discussion. Same goes for ignoring many of my points and just cherry-picking small bits of what I write. Often you are even trying to twist my words into something I never intended! And when I call you out on being vague and ask for more details in your explanations, you come off aggressively, for no reason whatsoever that I can think of, other than you are trying to hide your lack of proper counter-arguments.
  3. rahte

Let me quote You first:

It is not a problem who said first what.

The problem is that: YOU DIDNT KNOW BASIC FACTS ABOUT GAME MECHANICS AND YOU MAKE STATEMENTS ABOUT THAT.

TADA! It is really not my foult, that You dissagree with facts.

There are two options about Your opinions:
    1. You do not know game mechanics, but You want to say something in this topic. Therefore You do not have knowledge needed to make statements in topic.
    2. You know game mechanics, but You deliberately lied to prove Your arguments. I do not know which one is wrost.

Game mechanics of PlanetSide2 works on every PlanetSid2 Server. It is strange that You didnt know about that.

PS.
    And because this is topic about balance in the game:
    THANK YOU FOR ADMITING THIS ONE.

First step has been made.

Another one is more difficoult: Admiting that game mechanics affect players that play this game.
  4. Slandebande

Are you serious? o_O Do you not understand what I'm writing or something? You are the one that draws conclusions based upon a website with incorrect data, whereas I'm using an example from the real servers showing how it actually works.

And its not my fault you seem to have a serious reading comprehension issue! You obviously either isn't reading what I'm writing, or you don't understand what I'm writing. I would suggest you either read what I'm writing properly, or get someone who can actually read to explain it to you. o_O

What!?!? :confused: I simply wrote I'm using video from the Planetside 2 server, and you are using data from outside Planetside 2. What is correct here: The things that actually happen in Planetside 2 (my data) or the things you THINK happen in Planetside 2 (your calculations)? Why do you think I used a Planetside 2 video to show your calculations were wrong? :rolleyes:

I won't reply further to your post unless you show that you can actually read (and understand) what I'm writing. I'm sorry, but it seriously feels like I'm arguing with a brick wall, since nothing I'm writing is getting through to you, and you are nit-picking everything, and only responding to fractions of what I'm writing (and then again, not understanding the meaning of what I actually wrote).

I'll repeat myself: When you feel you are ready for a mature, adult discussion about how things work, then hit me up. Till then, float on away on your little pink cloud. By the way, I'll have whatever you're smoking, as the green/brown I'm smoking, clearly has NOTHING on what you are smoking :D At least that's the only conclusion that seems feasible based upon your comments.
  5. LaughingDead

Just felt like quoting this.
    Last night, world pop for NC was the lowest I've ever seen it, even lower than vanu the "underpopulated faction", 16%NC, 44% TR and 40% vanu.
    I don't know what kind of events happen in the middle of the night to pull people into two factions but before anyone says it was midnight, ofc people will be off, we were still having good 48+ fights.

I just hope this is not an omen, I'd rather not stop playing planetside.
  6. customer548

Yesterday night, i played my NC char. During 3 hours. I finally log out in order to go TR. Why ? Because each time I was rushing, each time I tried to take control of anything, a NC dummy was shooting in my back or in my face. I had a look : 1 Tk for 3 kills.

The day before, I went on Esamir. I defended a small base against TRs. All was good during 10-15 minutes. We did really great, we were underpoped, the Infantry fight was a fun (for us) and really nice one. We finally had reinforcements...Great !! What happened ? The dummies started to freak out, one by one, and to shoot at each other while the same TRs were coming back, they even TKed the f..... Medic !!! The one and only Medic we had ! 2 times. :D
    We lost the aera due to our reinforcements !!!

People being dumb as hell is not due to any game mechanic. So, a part ( I don't know if it's a significant number of players) of "old" PS2 players tend to reroll Tr or VS in order to play the game with way lesser TK. Just in order to "win" sometimes.
    I also remember (if i'm right) that many PS1 veterans wanted to go TR on PS2. Because the of Terran Rep. "identity" was strong in PS1.
  7. rahte

Couple days ago I was playing TR. We were underpoped, so I figure out, that I will take my MAX to push those spawnroom warriors to take point. What happened? I died one time the the doors to respawn. I was thinking that they will revive me...... nooooo.... So I respawned, pushed a little bit to the point.... then ammo has ended I had to come back to respawn, because off course noone wanted to give me ammo... Why should they?... When I resuplied ammo I died once agin in the doors to respawn.... and noone revived me.... I have to tell that there was at least 12 persons spawn room all the time, plus those who respawned and pushed on point... it is the same every single time.... Why?

And this never ending problem with competent gunners.... 50% pacifists. Vanguard in front of us and he is shooting to Galaxy on the horizont.... at least we know that he have good eyesight.

Yeap... deffinetly there are good players in all fractions...
  8. RadarX

My only regret is I can't go back in time and close this 10 pages ago. Please ensure you are compliant with our forum guidelines when posting.
    • Up x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.