NC low win-rate - where is the balance?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trizadd, May 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gr1mw0lf

Awesome - get the own argument destroyed by the own writer xD
    So ur are saying Nc is well balanced.
    But new Ones who get owned because - whatever - switches to the other factions.

Im a little bit confused xD
  2. So_Long

You in mistake
  3. So_Long

My IMHO
    1. NC have good weapon (use mouse/keyboard & not use gamepad)
    2. Empire specific vehicle good not for all situations, but use when this need and OK

We have small wins against TR/VS
    1. Bad coordination between leaders => bad coordination between players
    2. Slow responce and mobility => NC unsupported alternative attack vectors
    Also when bloccked, NC loose many time before change attack vector.

NC not loose in battles 1-12, 12-24.
    NC have mobile squads, but they loose against mass drops. And they not coordinated with others.
    • Up x 2
  4. Ryo313

yep thats the huge problem NC has and always had.
    the NC equipment is good if not the best in some situations (reaver? phoenix etc) but the leadership isn't that great. i hardly encounter any good outfit but when i do its an epic fight against them.
  5. Gr1mw0lf

dont think that is the reason for all servers...
    @ Cobalt we got huge and skilled outfits like RE4 or KAIN and many other huge ones. I led platoons by myself very often in the past and can admit: we are not allways organized, but most of the time. Like "Platoon xyz goes Quarz Ridge" "Affirmative, we go allatum to bind their forces." and so on and so on. worked many times and was much fun this way^^

So i will not accept the "NC on all Servers are just dumbasses when it comes to organize and strategies and stuff". But still NC is not up to TR/VS-Wins.
    With the population-regulation the "whole-faction-overpop" shouldnt be an issue anymore. so if there is no significant change in the win-ratings of the factions, i guess there will be more problems whose have to be solved ;)

Some of them allready appeared in this thread ;)
    • Up x 1
  6. omfgweeee

Nothing to be confused at. Every new player gets owned. Nvm what faction u will start. But new players dont know that so they asume their faction is weak and this is the problem.

So they have learned the basics in NC and switch to another faction and it seems to them the new faction is stronger. Reasons:

1.They do much better in lvl 1 than 1st time (but because they have experience now)
    2. They are fighting the new new players from NC which are heading their road.

Do you start to get it ?
  7. customer548

No, you definitly didn't "adapt" in any way. You choosed to be opportunistic. These are 2 very different paths.
    No one can blame you, you're a few days old new player. But because of it, your opinion cannot be a proof for any need for any new balance.

Look at oTeK's comment :
    As long as people will search in stats, in pops numbers, will blame Devs, compare servers, in order to find excuses for leaving NC Empire, you'll keep on failing.
    Better admit that you're too lazy for learning how to manage NC weapons. Again, look at oTeK's comment.

As i said, i play the 3 Factions. I use Smgs, Lmgs, Mid range sniper rifles, explosives, Flashes, light tanks. I'm a 100% Lone wolf. I avoid being a part of zergs, and i try to play for the lowest pops Empires. The fact is that my positive KD is strictly the same in each Empire.
    I know NC players on my server who often outplay me. They wouldn't if there was such a lack of balance. I guess they are just more patient and curious than most of the whining people asking for buffs.

It's all about a state of mind : "Whatever happens, i have to ADAPT. I have to choose the right class and the best weapon depending of my task".

Everything else is just whining. And whining on forums just spread more whine in game, and make new players leaving NCs.
  8. Gr1mw0lf

okay, so for, so acceptable.

And now: ....

we need solutions for this xD

Ideas?
  9. Ryo313

add bots at least they don't kill each other xD

those good NC outfits / platoons should teach other ppl how to manage such things and help out smaller outfits.
    even a small squad can be deadly/gamechangeing if the teamwork is done right.
    • Up x 1
  10. So_Long

May be Cobalt have specific prime time for NC players, and TR/VS get wins without us ;)
    or NC stay like rams against one faction, other get our territory and in finally NC havnt time back it
  11. freeAmerish

This comparison of an under/overpowered fraction with alert winrate always fails.
    Because a weapon statistic says absolute nothing about how good is a fraction in teamplay and
    coordination... or even if they care about to win an alert.

Such a comparison mostly get used by one fraction only players to show what bad equipment they have.
    And it gets affirmed by the same type of players from the same fraction.
    • Up x 2
  12. JDCollie=VX9=

If you gave the VS players on Connery the NC arsenal, we'd *never* lose an alert. It isn't your weapons, it's your players.

My main was NC for 65+ levels until I just couldn't take it anymore. NC just doesn't work together, and for that reason alone, they lose.
    • Up x 1
  13. Gr1mw0lf

the Botthing... naahh, i dont know. even spitfires with their AI do TK xD so Bots will do to i guess xD

About the Leadership-thing...
    Its a known myth that: "NOBODY WANT TO LEAD BECAUSE ITS UR FAULT AS LEAD WHEN NC/PLATOON FAILS" xD
    To have the courage and the responsibility to start a bigger Platoon with randoms or even with outfit-membern is not seen very often^^

when im done playing because rl and such annoying things im allways asking who wants lead. U can guess how many positive responses i get xD mostly none, what a suprise xD

U cannot boost the will to lead and be responsible, not even with the lead-rewards like we see allready.

When i was in a huge, a rly huge outfit, i tried to teach via outfit-forum how to be a succesfull squad/platoon-lead and they were thankfully for this. Since then there arent allways the same dudes doing the leadership, even new ones tried it out and got confident rly fast.

So yeah, teaching how to and to get over ur fear is a way to suppport increasing leadership for a faction.

But what about the other written topics? Like Air superiority, wallclimbing Magriders, hard-learning default weapons (except the mercinary, a rly easy to handle starter ;) )

I want to repeat at least for the default heavy-weapon: the Gauss SAW S.
    Much more beginner-friendly then the mother-one xD
  14. Ryo313

dmn even the AI likes to shoot at blue stuff xD
    about the air superiority mags and default weapons... i can't help you there. i don't play NC but you have the equipment to fight those things. the only prob is how you handle it. thats something a NC player has to teach other NC players
  15. omfgweeee

Imo there is solution. When u choose a faction put under NC : NOT RECOMMENDED FOR STARTERS.

Problem solved!
    • Up x 3
  16. Gr1mw0lf

Its one thing to fight Air from the Ground and another thing to help groundtroops from air.

AA is obvious: Burster, Skyguard, Annihilator, Walker, AA-Base-Turrets, Focused small Arms, Lucker/skilled decimators xD (hello moukass xD )

But thats not the point xD
  17. So_Long

From 1 to 15br u get 1000+ certs, u need for this 2hrs.... take what u need xD
  18. Sovereign533

On Miller I think it is mainly because our zerg is not herded effectively and most of our organized outfits are pushing up the daisies. I recently heard our 'MLG' outfit quit after the last serversmash and that is not helping anything either.
    And on top of that, the zerg is being herded by BHO. And that is causing so much drama it is just becoming silly. Not to mention counter productive since throwing 2 platoons against something like the Bastion for 2+ hours and not being able to take a point completely eliminates all possible chances we might have had anywhere else.
    On top of that, what is the fun for a new player to be farmed from a tower when you have to footzerg it to a point for 2 hours straight? If I was new and got there I would probably quit and never look back really fast.
    Not to mention the fact that the leader is spreading propaganda that they are the only good one and is telling everyone else that all the other NC outfits are complete ****. And anyone who says otherwise gets put on their kill list.
    *sigh* now is not a good time to be Miller NC... But I really shouldn't hang our dirty laundry to dry out here on the public forums =\

On more positive news! We have a lot of old time members coming back from a long break due to the new construction system!
  19. Sebastien

Not only did you fall for the NC TK meme, your confirmation bias tricked you into thinking it's worse than it really is.
    http://ps2.fisu.pw/activity/?world=1
  20. Gr1mw0lf

yes, what u need xD

for 1k - with no rly battle-xp xD
    i know wrel, camikaze and others did good guides on how to get the most out of u cert-budget.
    BTW [watch @ 6:28^^]:

like i allready said the default-carbines for LA and Engi is quite good, but the Main-Battle-Line (hehe, where are my german fellas? ^^) is filled with HA - and investing 330Certs for a beginner-friendlier (still hard ot get used to as beginner) SAW, thats not the main use of the 1k Certs u get godsend xD
    Then u can directly buy the easier GD-22S xD

My assume of the thinking of a NC-tryhard:
    "im a big hero, so i will get a lot of dmg and put a lot of dmg out. hell yeah, im an infantrytank. im a monster. Ha, there u are enemy, found ya. shields activate hell YEAH! eat dirt Spandex-Chan! mmmh, wait a sec, why its still alive? why im not hitting! damn it! DIE! DIE! **** shield isnt colllookingglowing anymore. what are these metallic noises? why am i still not hitti- arghghgh im dead! **** u Repeater! Infiltrator and VS so OP!
    Okay, Heavy is useless, aim was great but weapon must be bugged. lets go for sneaky Infiltrator.
    [shortened here by 2 A4-Pages]
    Argh, im dead. Imba-AI-Mines!!!!
    [...]
    Mom! Mt. Dew is empty!
    [...]
    okay, no one plays support, especially not hero-pros like me. worked in COD since ever too, so thats the one and only truth.
    Lets go then for LA and attack them from behi.... ARGH THESE F*CL*XNGA*** Infiltrator, must be cheating, how shall he know otherwise i was there camping?
    MOOOOOOOOOOOM! WHERE IS MY NEW Mt. DEW!!!!!
    [...]
    **** THIS ****! **** UR GREAT METALL-ROCK-MUSIC! I WILL KICK U IN THE ****!
    *switches to vanu*
    Hell yeah! THATS A GREAT LMG! NOW I CAN KILL EVEN GOD!
    [for healthreasons this report gets aborted here]

But this was mainly just for motvation-reasons xD
    Still need more solutions for the issues xD
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.