NC isn't about shotguns anymore!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chewy102, Feb 10, 2014.

1. JesNC

This.

The Precision Pro was the first interesting implementation of the NC shotgun trait in a long time, and it was done reasonably well. Now were simply getting the next step up the BASR power ladder.

FFS, I own 4 different BASRs already, all kill on a headshot - the only difference is distance and muzzle velocity. I've auraxiumed one, after that the playstyle became more and more stale. I was looking forward to something different, not the same **** all over.
    • Up x 3
  2. Acceleratio

I know i wasnt really exited about this weapon but at least it was a funny and coold idea. Now it will just become one more boring sniper rifle for the NC.

Well at least the Vanu sniper is interesting and unique.
    • Up x 2
  3. Pondera

Of course the NC isn't about shotguns.

THEY'RE ABOUT AWESOME MUSICAL NUMBERS!!!!

Seriously, I play Vanu and I have to admit, that's a pretty badass theme.
    • Up x 1
  4. Metallic123

I don't see how giving a shotgun to an infiltrator is a good idea. Especially when only one faction can use it. Infiltrators use to be able to sport those atrocious weapons in beta and for obvious reasons they cannot anymore. Though the introduction of the NS pistols and SMG's still give infils surprising cqc potential.

Would it be better to have the best sniper rifle of the three factions by a small margin or have a shotgun which would undoubtedly be nerfed within a month?
  5. Strikejk

Only natural to give the faction with the best short range weapon (Jackhammer) the best longrange weapon aswell and it fits perfectly in the general theme of "best **** in that slot" *looking at the vanguard shield* :rolleyes:
  6. ChipMHazard

Aye, would prefer to see them be a bit more creative than just adding in a no drop sniper rifle.

Or it will just become pointless when compared to the SOAS. From what I've seen the TRAP isn't anything to write home about at this point in time.
  7. Strikejk

Are you guys stalking me? :eek:
  8. Brandmon

You folks asked for it.

Now we get a normal sniper rifle.
  9. Xhaleon

I don't mind being given more shotguns as an NC; I have grievances against being forced to only have low-accuracy shotguns on some platforms (such as the MAX) if they do not complement its role well, but they are otherwise okay to have as a faction-flavor weapon. Bad implementations do not make shotguns a negative for a faction trait.

I really really wanted that sniper rifle / shotgun hybrid. I originally suggested a double-barreled shotgun of sorts with an option for slugs, they came up with something similar. The joy I had when they announced the new version... and the disappointment when they decided to change it into the most boring of the three.

There were numerous ways to make the shotgun mode useful without being overpowered, or have alternative desirable properties compared to the single projectile mode without being a point-blank weapon or a one-shot weapon. Instead, they just turned it into the logical extreme of one type of sniper rifle. That is not going to go over very well, especially if they're dead set on making it have this role and if any future tweaks are forced to conform to this restriction. Having that kind of velocity in a game where everyone else is painfully slow will be very tricky for game balance just like the Lancer is, except with BASRs and infantry combat you don't need coordinated teamwork to make that huge disparity felt.
  10. ChipMHazard

Not in an overly creepy way, I assure you.
  11. Sandpants

Being forced on shotguns is not ok.

But it was literally 2 guns in 1.

WTF NC. WTF...

One of the new Sniper rifles that had the most potential.
  12. BobSanders123

Its about beer AND shotguns.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ribero

Just quickly on the topic of shotguns, do laser sights do anything for them? Or is it better of grabbing extended mags or even a flashlight?
  14. Bape

Well all I know is im not buying NC if they decide to release it I already have a longshot.
  15. Vanon

The invis is the same as the other cloaks, If you move, you can be seen at close range. With the new cloak, you can walk about 10m before the invis runs out. This means your confined to half of the room of most cap points at best.

And yes, secondary's are less powerful then most primaries. I'd rather have a SMG then the comish, underboss (which are not silenced) or even the desp. What your doing is theory crafting situations where this would be useful. It will be less useful then shooting a recon dart and stealthing before someone comes in with a normal cloak. the problem is that you move 10 m then wait 8 seconds to recharge, and move 10m again. It needs the recharge buffed so you can move around from one point to another in less then 10 minutes.

Yes, any person who has played an inf with maxed out hunter cloak will tell you that in its current form it is not worth getting.

In all situations i would rather have a shotgun or LMG. You can make pistols work, but they are in no means better. The reality is that your using an unsilenced weapon where your forced to remain in the same 20m. Your completely misusing the word OP. OP does not equal useable, nor does it mean situationally good. It means overpowered, as in it's to powerful.

Have you tested the cloak on the test server outside of VR?
  16. Vanon

Neither. The shotgun had a TTK of 4 seconds at 10m. It was a 2 shot kill with an EXTREAMLY long reload. It was completely unuseable, which i get it, no one wants an inf to have a shotgun. The new incarnation is not the best SR. Your adding damage that does not effect the TTK at all and muzzle velocity to a weapon most people are use to hitting moving targets with in the first place.

They are adding stats that do not need to be balanced because they do not effect anything, they just look good on paper. Imagine if they lowered the recoil of your bolt actions... same thing.
  17. Metallic123

By the sounds of it right now it is 850 ms which is extremely fast velocity.